I can't believe the total idiocy I'm reading here

Re: I can\'t believe the total idiocy I\'m reading here

I think the Tech fans reaction so far to the UGA loss was expected. As I mentioned before, the record isn't what most people have been upset with but rather with the perceived inability of this team to improve upon the mistakes it has made all year. There has been an underlying frustration at the "learning curve" that has taken place with this staff that everyone was led to believe wouldn't happen. It was essentially a powder keg that was waiting to explode and the UGA game gave everyone a reason to let loose.

It doesn't make it right but it was expected. The fact of the matter is that Gailey did not accurately set the expectations of the fan base going into this year and has seemed stubborn to admit that his staff has made mistakes in preparing and improving this team as the season has gone along. All this has done is lead certain factions of the fan base to doubt anything he says and thus make it difficult to rally & unify the fan base.

I think you'll see a different guy once we get past our bowl game. Recruiting isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks and that will be key to start the healing process with certain parts of the Tech fans. I also think he wasn't prepared for what college football was like and will now see the changes that need to be made, including admitting he made mistakes (which has been something he has been hesistant to do). I think he had his eyes opened this past year and only time will tell if he learned much from the season. If not, then the necessary changes will be made but to assume that he sucks already is pushing it too far. I'm not happy with his job this year but I also understand that he wasn't quite prepared for this job when he took it and thus deserves a shot at proving that he can make the necessary changes to right the ship.

As was mentioned in another post, the silver lining to this year is that with the injuries we were able to determine our weaknesses since we couldn't cover them up with talent. I think and hope that will prove to be a great lesson that will improve this team. Gailey certainly has a lot more work than he intended but now is the time that great leaders shine and he deserves the opportunity to prove that.

Also, to call someone not a fan because they react a certain way is both foolish and uncalled for. You may not agree with the way that certain people react to adversity but that doesn't mean they don't truly care about Tech or any of our student athletes. I've seen too much of that going down on both Stingtalk and the Hive. You can disagree with someone but calling them names isn't productive for either side.

Thunder, I got a good chuckle out of your Pearl Harbor response!

grin.gif

I believe over the next few days MUCH of this will subside. I expect by next week we will know where we are going to a bowl and who we are playing and that should help us move on.

It was arguably the worst loss in GT history and it is going to take some time to get over it. It will take some longer than others.

The "crackpots" have more ammo than usual and are taking full advantage of it. The reasonable posters will start to come around. I have already seen some positive posts.

I REALLY HOPE recruiting turns out well, because that will probably be the best tonic and take some of the wind out of the basher's sails.

However feel free to post positive comments we sure do need them.

Back