I don't know. Is this impressive?

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
Again, the guy is strong, but bad lifting is how injuries happens, and weight lifting injuries can take a long time to heal.

Leave it to the stingtalk buffoons to call technical violations on a high school football players bench press. I certainly hope Collins calls a redo when Jamiois rips a uga defenders face off taking it to the house if his stiff arm technique isn’t perfect.
When you arch your back like that, you are essentially doing 50% bench press and 50% decline. I could always lift more on the decline. Technique is very important for health and for data collection.

Yes, this is impressive. But I wouldn't say he can't bench 415 according to that video and my experience. I am not authoritative but I estimate that he can probably bench press just under 400. Again, impressive. He needs a better strength coach, though.

I'll put it this way, if you are having a team competition for bench press, then you can't let someone enter competition with that technique.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
When you arch your back like that, you are essentially doing 50% bench press and 50% decline. I could always lift more on the decline. Technique is very important for health and for data collection.

Yes, this is impressive. But I wouldn't say he can't bench 415 according to that video and my experience. I am not authoritative but I estimate that he can probably bench press just under 400. Again, impressive. He needs a better strength coach, though.

I'll put it this way, if you are having a team competition for bench press, then you can't let someone enter competition with that technique.

Sure you can. You are at GEORGIA TECH! You can do that !!!

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
I’m personally not able to lift that much weight without arching my back or raising my butt from the bench, so I just refrain.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I’m personally not able to lift that much weight without arching my back or raising my butt from the bench, so I just refrain.
His true max in a competition is probably about 10-15% less than what you see in the video. I’d guess it is somewhere around 350. But the weight room isn’t a competition platform. It is normal to drive through the legs and back benching with chest and arms more and extending/stabilizing role. Getting the back off the bench like that puts a lot of constriction on muscles in the hip flexors that aren’t built to support that kind of load.

I wasn't necessarily taught this but I am of the opinion that if you can't use the correct technique, then you aren't doing that particular exercise. You should learn technique first and graduate up to higher loads only if you can lift the weight using the proper technique. If you have to improvise on technique, then you are lifting too much and need to cut back until you are able to apply the standard motion. Hey, this applies to many other facets of life as well!

covingtonjacket

Knowledge superspreader
Leave it to the stingtalk buffoons to call technical violations on a high school football players bench press. I certainly hope Collins calls a redo when Jamiois rips a uga defenders face off taking it to the house if his stiff arm technique isn’t perfect.
Very, very impressive. This guy is a stud. Wait til Caralla gets a hold of him. #GAINS
These.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I wasn't necessarily taught this but I am of the opinion that if you can't use the correct technique, then you aren't doing that particular exercise. You should learn technique first and graduate up to higher loads only if you can lift the weight using the proper technique. If you have to improvise on technique, then you are lifting too much and need to cut back until you are able to apply the standard motion. Hey, this applies to many other facets of life as well!
Some say Jeff George was the best QB ever because he had such a quick release.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken

Ah bullshit. He’s not training for the olympics he’s training to throw öööööööööööös around. If he needs to throw his hips into it to crack Deandre Bakers sternum, do it.