I hate Bark Madley

:bowrofl:

As for the couple of sidewalk fans who actually posted, why are you a fan? Is it a family connection?

The main reason I've been a sidewalk fan for over 25 years is because I grew up going to baseball camps at Tech in the mid 80's while in high school. It was pretty awe inspiring to run around on a college field and get taught by college coaches.
If we didn't have a HS baseball game, we'd run up the road to watch Tech's baseball team play. And this is back when there wasn't hardly any traffic going into Atlanta. One fond memory was in 85 when we played Georgetown in basketball. I remember the radio being blasted during one of our games. And the emotional train wreck everyone was during and after that game. I have really been a fan every since then.
The other reason I'm a Tech fan outside of my high school days, are because I ööööing hate UGAy's fan. They are the most obnoxious bunch of inbreds God has put on this planet.

And this is why I'm very proud to be a SIDEWALK FAN. Always have and always will.

The main reason I've been a sidewalk fan for over 25 years is because I grew up going to baseball camps at Tech in the mid 80's while in high school. It was pretty awe inspiring to run around on a college field and get taught by college coaches.
If we didn't have a HS baseball game, we'd run up the road to watch Tech's baseball team play. And this is back when there wasn't hardly any traffic going into Atlanta. One fond memory was in 85 when we played Georgetown in basketball. I remember the radio being blasted during one of our games. And the emotional train wreck everyone was during and after that game. I have really been a fan every since then.
The other reason I'm a Tech fan outside of my high school days, are because I ööööing hate UGAy's fan. They are the most obnoxious bunch of inbreds God has put on this planet.

And this is why I'm very proud to be a SIDEWALK FAN. Always have and always will.

Sounds exactly like my reasons.

Baseball camps at GT in summertime is the main reason I am a GT fan. Met Nomar Garciaparra and Veritek as well as all the players and coaches.

Holy öööö. FELLAS....BASEBALL CAMP!!!!!! It just dawned on me. öööö sending her to campus to cheer the brave and bold! Send her ass to the öööö diamond in summer and give the boys something show off for during baseball drills.

That's what we need. It addresses everything. Create a GT cheerleading camp. Have it right next to the practice field where baseball camp is held. Boys will flock to GT baseball camps for the girls. Girls will be on campus (a whole other issue), albeit a bit young but this isn't for us. It's for the future GT fans. Boys grow up GT fans because they went to GT baseball camp growing up because there were there girls cheerleading camps next to the baseball camp.

It ööööing genius! Viola. That's how we cultivate the next young generation of sidewalk GT fans.

Dammit I am good.

That 85 Georgetown Basketball game is one of the few losses that I can't just "get-over." Joseph got Ewing in foul trouble but Price couldn't hit the side of a barn. aggg

Sounds exactly like my reasons.

Baseball camps at GT in summertime is the main reason I am a GT fan. Met Nomar Garciaparra and Veritek as well as all the players and coaches.

Holy öööö. FELLAS....BASEBALL CAMP!!!!!! It just dawned on me. öööö sending her to campus to cheer the brave and bold! Send her ass to the öööö diamond in summer and give the boys something show off for during baseball drills.

That's what we need. It addresses everything. Create a GT cheerleading camp. Have it right next to the practice field where baseball camp is held. Boys will flock to GT baseball camps for the girls. Girls will be on campus (a whole other issue), albeit a bit young but this isn't for us. It's for the future GT fans. Boys grow up GT fans because they went to GT baseball camp growing up because there were there girls cheerleading camps next to the baseball camp.

It ööööing genius! Viola. That's how we cultivate the next young generation of sidewalk GT fans.

Dammit I am good.

Boys already flock to GT baseball camps. It's because, uh, we're pretty good at baseball.

"Look at me" or "Let me suck some of that Georgia cock" column. Maybe when he's done he can go eat some of that Ole Miss vagina.

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing that. Wish we had another 50k like you in the metro area tbh.

As for the couple of sidewalk fans who actually posted, why are you a fan? Is it a family connection?

For me, it started in the early/mid-80s with Cremins and GT basketball. I have always been a sucker for the underdog and around here it's lousy with dook and Tarhole poseurs that I have always loved to hate. The football came along as a bonus, really.

In the weird way of coincidences, a guy I went to high-school with (and subsequently a couple of years of university) is now a Prof at GT in computer science.

That 85 Georgetown Basketball game is one of the few losses that I can't just "get-over." Joseph got Ewing in foul trouble but Price couldn't hit the side of a barn. aggg
Good Lord, you've got that right enough -- one of the worst shooting performances of all time by an otherwise legit shooter. :frown:

Dad is a Tech fan

Im from Atlanta, not Athens. I dgaf about UGA's history..Tech is my hometown college team.

I sometimes go on campus to hoop on that court on the parking deck.

If I were not an idiot in math I would try to attend Tech down the line to finish school...Would be my dream to be able to have a Tech degree..

I love the "Accepting Mediocrity" argument.

In most cases is there not an inverse relationship of academic proficiency to athletic achievements?

Take athletes from Ga. Tech that are good students and competitive on the field of play but not a national champions, are the halved-assed performers in both?

Do they acquire the moniker of 'Mediocre'?

Why because he speaks truth? The world changed with the integration of the black athlete in the 1960's, GT did nothing to adapt and thus doomed itself irrevalent.

Don't want to turn this into a race issue, but this post is far too simplistic. Young black athletes are exploited long before they reach college. What Tech should be doing is running some kind of sports camp in the rough areas of the city, promoting not only sports, but also STEM education and sponsoring some sort of student-athlete mentoring program during the summer. A lot of these young people aren't getting the right kind of role models. Seeing men like Tevin, Roddy, BeyBey, etc. and having one-on-one mentoring from them could go a long way and improve Tech's image in the city.

Don't want to turn this into a race issue, but this post is far too simplistic. Young black athletes are exploited long before they reach college. What Tech should be doing is running some kind of sports camp in the rough areas of the city, promoting not only sports, but also STEM education and sponsoring some sort of student-athlete mentoring program during the summer. A lot of these young people aren't getting the right kind of role models. Seeing men like Tevin, Roddy, BeyBey, etc. and having one-on-one mentoring from them could go a long way and improve Tech's image in the city.
I dont thinks its Techs image, its the sorry public education in Ga, its the prospect of the Nfl and its fun and games, not calc. Not blaming the crappy education on young blacks thats what they are handed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacGaddy's post is THE inconvenient fact. It's not simplistic, it just didn't offer any suggestions for improvement, but you thankfully did so.

I dont thinks its Techs image, its the sorry public education in Ga, its the prospect of the Nfl and its fun and games, not calc. Not blaming the crappy education on young blacks thats what they are handed.

Right, and there's no reason Tech shouldn't pick up the banner and promote the idea that being a black athlete isn't one-dimensional. There many fine examples of that at Tech - exceedingly more than at that cow college up the road.

http://www.gatech.edu/about/factsandfigures.html

Bachelor's

• No. 1 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to All Minority Students
  • No. 2 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to African Americans
  • No. 3 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to Asian Americans
  • No. 8 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to Hispanics
  • No. 8 in Computer/Information Sciences Degrees Awarded to Native Americans
Master's

• No. 4 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to African Americans
  • No. 4 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to Hispanics
  • No. 4 in Physical Sciences Degrees Awarded to African Americans
  • No. 5 in Engineering Degrees Awarded to All Minority Students