I have been an adament Tech fan......

techsamillion

Flats Noob
for almost as long, and for mostly longer than anyone who reads these words has breathed. I have lived and died with the success/failure no more nor less than any others, and probably more than 88% of those who post. I have given preportionately more money than at least 75% of those who post; so I am deserving of a hearing:

To some of you, I say simply, SHUT UP!!!

In the military we called you "shaved assed, lieutenants". You do not know your ass from Thursday". You rant, rave, give your simple, stupid, idiotic, critical, ignoramus opinions and in doing so, show your immature stupitidy. In the U.S. HOuse and Senate you would be advised to be quiet until you finally get the "lay of the land". Goodness gracious, some of you are football neophytes and your attitude is disgraceful. You do not know hay from hybiscus. Damn it: lay low untill you can grasp some real concept of " what is what". You need to learn: 1. Life, 2. Football.
You dare to leap where angels fear to tread. This would be okay except that your stupidity leads to damage. It is so sad when immaturity and ignorance can do so much damage to true tradition and reality. Some of you speak when Georgia Tech are two words that only came into your vocabulary 20 years ago. Hey, if you have not lived and died with the likes of Castleberry, Mitchell, Lotheridge, etc.; just creep up before you dare to disdain your pitiful words of would be knowledge-wisdom. There is such a thing as "paying one's dues" and some of you have years to go, believe me. Crap, you don't know the belly-series, from the Spilt-T, to the Single wing, to the I formation, to Army's signal fromthe sidelines. Hey, PLEDGE YOUR ALLEGIANCE, LISTEN, LEARN, and then gain the priveledge to speak.........then contemplate and utter your words of wisom........
Say things that only mean progress to/ for Tech or shut up; because to do less proves in the end to be a friend of the enemies of Tech. Wake up if you are a true Tech fan, or go to sleep and quit doing damage to our program......You are not wanted, neither are you needed!!!!!!! If you are not happy nor hopeful, just go into your cave until you can be, and let the rest of us be positive to Tech's advancement!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT post. Duly noted. I for one feel truly humbled. I hope more will take your words to heart!

Thank you for your post, techsamllion! Am humbled by your words as well.

As we line up and play the great game we love, I'm privileged to be a fan of Georgia Tech with you.

Go Jackets!!

Techs...I can't agree with your statement. I have only been a fan of Tech football 30 years. But I gave myself a decent headstart by getting started at the age of 9. First visited Grant Field at age of 17 because I grew up in a family of Georgia fans and I had to earn my ticket money and my own drivers licence to go root for the enemy. But they did'nt keep me away from books of Tech football, Bobby Dodd and Bill Alexander. Not to mention the morning paper which we all depended on before ESPN. Speaking of ESPN Techsamillion let me remind you that young football fans in general and Tech fans in particular should be much more eduacated on football strategies than me or you could ever could have hope to at an early age. What with the numerous TV pregame shows with coaches using telestators in diagramming what is or what should be happining. Formations, substitutions, you name it they can be 'coached' on football from the livingroom as soon as they are at an age to comprehend it. I do know and hope every fan of Tech football would eduacate themselves in Castleberry, Lothridge, Indian Joe Guyon and Roy(Wrong Way)Riegels and they're contributions to Tech football lore. I know I have greatly enjoyed eduacating myself on this lore, which is why I hope one day to return to the SEC because so much of our history is there. The likeliness of this happenning is about the same as a return to the single wing in '03 by Coach Gailey. Which let me remind you again that and this is no knock on Coach Gailey but you probably have more knowledge of the Single Wing, the Notre Dame Box, and the Veer than our esteemed Coach. I feel we do need more knowlegable Tech fans but I would not exclude younger fans who would'nt know Bobby Dodd from Bob Neyland or Wally Butts but do know the Zone Blitz and the West Coast Offence. Paying they're dues....what dues? That they must learn who the 'Lonely End' was at Army? Do they need to know why John Heisman had to resign as Techs coach? Looking your nose down on new visitors to Bobby Dodd Stadium or to this board is certainly no way to make new fans of Georgia Tech football.

Say things that only mean progress to/ for Tech or shut up
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You had me on your side til that. Another dictator-type who can't stand adversity.

GET A FRIGGIN' CLUE!

Because some of us have an opinion that not everything is fine on the Flats does not make us 'idiots' and a 'friend of the enemy'.

My knowledge/history of football and of Georgia Tech is fine. I didn't see Castleberry and I won't lose sleep over not doing so but that doesn't give you the right to stereotype myself and others as being friends of the enemy.

You, and the rest of the soapbox posters waiving a bible in one hand and a photo of Chan in the other, can simply learn to accept criticism and offer solutions to the problems at Tech or continue to let your blood boil while offering nothing but insults and threats.

I'll still sleep fine either way.

Thanks for nothing.

Stateline:

It is obvious that Million is not dumping on new Tech fans just because they are young. He is saying that words expressed have consequences whether stated by mouth or by use of a keyboard. If a person can be proud of what they say, regardless of the medium, then that is one thing. But to "vent" in the shroud of anonymity is another.

To all the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" people, don't you understand that the other crowd loves Georgia Tech too much to just sit here and be quiet while Dave Braine tries to kill the program?

The only thing that makes him loyal is a big fat paycheck, and that isn't working.

Talk about new fans lack of historical knowledge! If you mention Castleberry to our friend Dave, he might think of hot dog chili, but thats it, but I stray.

Point is that all real Tech fans want to speak the positives, but when in crisis mode you had better fix the problem.
Looking the other way will not make the problem go away.
frown.gif

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
To all the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" people, don't you understand that the other crowd loves Georgia Tech too much to just sit here and be quiet while Dave Braine tries to kill the program?

The only thing that makes him loyal is a big fat paycheck, and that isn't working.

Talk about new fans lack of historical knowledge! If you mention Castleberry to our friend Dave, he might think of hot dog chili, but thats it, but I stray.

Point is that all real Tech fans want to speak the positives, but when in crisis mode you had better fix the problem.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Amen.

frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">no, looking the other way will not make the problem go away. blasting him anonymously on a message board will right? is that your point?

the problem will go away if you call him names, call into question his competence, beat your chest about how you'll stop sending your hard earned dollar thereby supporting tech in a twisted way on a message board .. right?

bashing tech personnel on message boards and thinking that you're making a difference makes about as much sense as asking people to shut up like techsamillion did.

frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Cool, I speak to your post as a sample of many similar attitudes. In other words, Nothing Personal.

At the risk of repeating myself for the 8 millionth time: Criticize all you like, but lose the sneer.

Maybe the only reason you're loyal to your job is a big fat paycheck, that doesn't mean you know everyone else's motives.

TechsaMillion may be a bit over the top in his post, but he is no doubt tired of of people excoriating our coach, our AD, our president, our program, etc., and then at the end of a diatribe hanging their heads, "I hope I'm wrong." öööö.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">no, looking the other way will not make the problem go away. blasting him anonymously on a message board will right? is that your point?

the problem will go away if you call him names, call into question his competence, beat your chest about how you'll stop sending your hard earned dollar thereby supporting tech in a twisted way on a message board .. right?

bashing tech personnel on message boards and thinking that you're making a difference makes about as much sense as asking people to shut up like techsamillion did.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ylo.. death, taxes & criticism of coaches on internet boards... they are inevitable... Save the bandwidth & give it a rest, let's end this dog chasing his own tail routine & talk some football...

YLO, in my opinion its this simple. The critics of the current administration (me included)voice their displeasure and suggest that a major change (Braine) must happen.
Friends of the administration personally attack the anti group. When this occurs, what do you think will happen? Thats Right! It gets ugly, fast.
I am no psychologist, but I would think this is pretty standard human behaviour.

As is the case many times in arguments, both parties usually have good points. Its the personal nature of the argument that keeps the bickering going.

Your extremely good point paraphrased is: Don't just bitch or call for ones job behind the safety of a keyboard, do something about it if you really care.

I agree 100%, and have been doing just that.

Stateline, one point on the following remark "Which let me remind you again that and this is no knock on Coach Gailey but you probably have more knowledge of the Single Wing, the Notre Dame Box, and the Veer than our esteemed Coach".

It seems Gailey is around 52 of age. He played high school football in Americus. Guessing he started about 14 and finished at HS at 18. Let's give him a couple of years to say he was interested in sports, which probably means he started following football around 12.

Subtract 12 from 52 and that places Gailey about 40 years back in time for the different phases of football. I suspect he knows about all the formations you have mentioned.

Father Time

Maybe we could have a "women, children & recruits NOT ALLOWED" forum for all this bullshit.

You can call yourself a GT fan all day long (GT interested might be more like it) but as long as your personal bitching and complaining about what's wrong with the prog outweighs any positives I won't believe it. Sure you're ok and your opinions are valid but you ain't no TECH fan. Sorry. It's a shame to see so much virulent, anti-Tech stuff on a fan board. We already know that many don't like CG and enjoy hijacking TECH fan boards with their DB gripes (like that's going to do any good. what are you trying to start a revolution or something?) Pen and paper and telephones work much better. Imb aren't taken seriously and never will be. The quality of the fan's experience on these fansites diminishes with the "whip cracking" (you're joking, right?) and folks lose interest. The lurking dawgies must be laffing their arses off.
pat.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Stateline, one point on the following remark "Which let me remind you again that and this is no knock on Coach Gailey but you probably have more knowledge of the Single Wing, the Notre Dame Box, and the Veer than our esteemed Coach".

It seems Gailey is around 52 of age. He played high school football in Americus. Guessing he started about 14 and finished at HS at 18. Let's give him a couple of years to say he was interested in sports, which probably means he started following football around 12.

Subtract 12 from 52 and that places Gailey about 40 years back in time for the different phases of football. I suspect he knows about all the formations you have mentioned.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">One more time, this was no knock on Coach Gailey. But if he wanted to install the Notre Dame Box or the Single Wing he would need to go to the school library and check out books written by coaches 50 or 60 years ago, or he could bring Coach Techasmillion in as his Coordinadator. I don't rememember hearing of anyone in Georgia in the last 40 years running the Single Wing and only Charlie Grisham's Carrollton Trojans ran the Notre Dame Box. I am fairly certain his expertise in this offence died with him a few years ago. Who knows Ahso, maybe Coach Gailey HAS been burning the midnight oil watching films of Grisham's Trojans or Ray Goff running the Veer for Dooley's Bulldogs 30 years ago. Maybe he is checking up on how Bud Wilkinson ran the Split-T at Oklahoma in the 1950's. I hope not. I hope he his going to run what he knows best and drill his players in it to perfection. It is the only way we have a chance to be successful this year. If it does not work then maybe Coach Tech's can take over and turn Damarius Bilbo into a Clint Castleberry clone as a Single Wing tailback.

I love GaTech and try not to bash anyone affiliated with Tech but I will criticize as I see fit. This is a place where we can come as Tech fans to cheer and vent to each other. Let me tell you, there's not a whole lot of us around the Augusta area and I enjoy reading what my fellow comrads think about our programs throughout the year here at this site. I will continue to post here and express my opinions (good or bad) as long as I'm allowed to.

GO TECH!!!!!!!!!!!

2BT (TB):

There is a time and a place for everything. But is now, the time and place for the same old criticisms?

I know you personally, and know you to be a loyal Tech fan. However, some of your (and others)critical opinions have come across differently on the message board, than they would have if we had been sharing a beer at O'Keefe or AMC. I am of the opinion that when it comes to Internet message boards, if you have nothing good to say, then you are probably are better off not saying it. Raise all kinds of hell through e-mail, private forums, tailgate parties, etc... but keep the family's dirty secrets out of the neighborhood.

IMO, criticisms of the Institute are best handled in a more private setting than this or any other public Internet forum.

Until Saturday....

Back