I have been an adament Tech fan......

Techsamillion I agree with you 100%. In fact I ran a post several weeks ago and said i is time to support Tech or SHUT UP. Just as it is time to support our President and troops in time of war, it is time to support our players and coaches when it's football season. It is now football season and it is time for Tech fans to cheer for these guys wih all you have! Heaven knows we have too many enemies for us to be split apart.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
To all the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" people, don't you understand that the other crowd loves Georgia Tech too much to just sit here and be quiet while Dave Braine tries to kill the program?

The only thing that makes him loyal is a big fat paycheck, and that isn't working.

Talk about new fans lack of historical knowledge! If you mention Castleberry to our friend Dave, he might think of hot dog chili, but thats it, but I stray.

Point is that all real Tech fans want to speak the positives, but when in crisis mode you had better fix the problem.
Looking the other way will not make the problem go away.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LLCool: I'm on vacation and thank you for saying what I would have said!

Originally posted by gnats 67:
Maybe we could have a "women, children & recruits NOT ALLOWED" forum for all this bullshit.

You can call yourself a GT fan all day long (GT interested might be more like it) but as long as your personal bitching and complaining about what's wrong with the prog outweighs any positives I won't believe it. Sure you're ok and your opinions are valid but you ain't no TECH fan. Sorry. It's a shame to see so much virulent, anti-Tech stuff on a fan board. We already know that many don't like CG and enjoy hijacking TECH fan boards with their DB gripes (like that's going to do any good. what are you trying to start a revolution or something?) Pen and paper and telephones work much better. Imb aren't taken seriously and never will be. The quality of the fan's experience on these fansites diminishes with the "whip cracking" (you're joking, right?) and folks lose interest. The lurking dawgies must be laffing their arses off.
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How about 'turning the tables' for once... how about saying that those that see Chan and his regime being GT's savior are NOT FANS! We could say anyone that supports a real non-coach for their school, alma mater, favorite team really could care less about what happens here! This pointing fingers as to who is and who is not a fan is what is inept and so far out there it belongs in a forum for FANTASY ONLY!

Let's get real - this coach is paid and if he can't cut the mustard or doesn't do his job - he gets critized. There are so many fans out here who could give a 'flip' about how we are perceived, we only care about how GT is perceived and right now - projected 8th in the ACC is pretty damn sorry!

When Chan turns that perception around and produces a product that EVERYONE is positive with the REAL TECH FANS will give him his just do! Until then, he's fair game for his inadequacies and anything else that harms this program!

(Stateline)
I have only been a fan of Tech football 30 years. But I gave myself a decent headstart by getting started at the age of 9.

(Ahsoisee)
Subtract 12 from 52 and that places Gailey about 40 years back in time for the different phases of football. I suspect he knows about all the formations you have mentioned.

Stateline, if you place yourself a football fan starting at the age of 9 and you have been a fan for 30 years, what makes you think you have an awareness of the Notre Dame Box, Single Wing Formation, and Veer and Gailey would not.

I have just shown he goes back 40 years if he started following football at age 12. If he started at age 9 as you did, then he goes back 43 years to your 30 years.

How come you would know about these formations and Gailey would not know? Even if you had to read about them, do you think Gailey could not read about them.

I don't remember which team, but there was a team using the Single Wing Formation a few years back and it wasn't Johnny Majors. I can't remember if it was Division I, II, or a high school, but it was in the very recent past.

Also, there are some teams still using the Veer formation. It has not been too long since Clemson and many other teams have used the Veer.

And yes, Carrollton High School used the Notre Dame Box, and that has not been very far back in the past.

After stating all of the above, what difference does it make if Gailey did not know about these formations? Would it have any bearing on anything?

Now as far as the knowledge of football, it makes little difference as to whether you are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70 years of age.

The knowledge gained is proportional to the amount of study placed on the subject by any given individual. I agree age is not a factor for learning the intricacies of the game.

Father Time

Gee MsTA, how do you come up with such false statements that you cannot prove?

(MsTA)
How about 'turning the tables' for once... how about saying that those that see Chan and his regime being GT's savior are NOT FANS! We could say anyone that supports a real non-coach for their school, alma mater, favorite team really could care less about what happens here!

Find me just one post where any poster has portrayed Chan as GT's savior! You cannot do it. There have been many that have stated he deserves to coach this year to have the same chance to succeed as the other Tech coaches from the past.

You also made a false statement about Gailey being a real non-coach. His coaching record shows him as a successful head coach in college and the pros. It shows him as a successful defensive and offensive coach in both college and the pros.

A non-coach? Gee, what a falsified statement that could not be proven anywhere. Don't be so ridiculous, no wonder I give no credence to your posts!

If you want to say you don't like him and never have, I will believe that.

Father Time

To all the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" people, don't you understand that the other crowd loves Georgia Tech too much to just sit here and be quiet while Dave Braine tries to kill the program?

The only thing that makes him loyal is a big fat paycheck, and that isn't working.

Talk about new fans lack of historical knowledge! If you mention Castleberry to our friend Dave, he might think of hot dog chili, but thats it, but I stray.

Point is that all real Tech fans want to speak the positives, but when in crisis mode you had better fix the problem.
Looking the other way will not make the problem go away.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I for one am not looking the other way, and I don't think most of the guys who stay positive around here are either. I think I am pretty realistic and being realistic about giving a coach at least 3 years to prove what he's got is one of those things. Anything less IS detrimental.

As for Braine, I won't defend the man, but making statements that "he's trying to kill the program" is flat out bull öööö and isn't helping anything either!

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Say things that only mean progress to/ for Tech or shut up
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You had me on your side til that. Another dictator-type who can't stand adversity.

GET A FRIGGIN' CLUE!

Because some of us have an opinion that not everything is fine on the Flats does not make us 'idiots' and a 'friend of the enemy'.

My knowledge/history of football and of Georgia Tech is fine. I didn't see Castleberry and I won't lose sleep over not doing so but that doesn't give you the right to stereotype myself and others as being friends of the enemy.

You, and the rest of the soapbox posters waiving a bible in one hand and a photo of Chan in the other, can simply learn to accept criticism and offer solutions to the problems at Tech or continue to let your blood boil while offering nothing but insults and threats.

I'll still sleep fine either way.

Thanks for nothing.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Preach it brother man...

Dictator is dead on. They would make excellent leaders for a Third World Country.

I was a rose colored glasses guy, and still am when it comes to the players on the field. I am not a blind and ignorant loyalist though to an inept administration.

It is down right scary how much of a hitler-esque internet persona some of these people have. That is the beauty of the internet though... you can act like an asshole all you want without suffering the consequences. That goes for people on both sides of an issue.

In real life, these people couldn't back up their "machosim" even if they tried. Morons are harmless and can be dismissed easily, but assholes are just plain ignorant and aren't tolerated.

MS. TA, Please don't try to pull me into your foxhole regarding Chan Gailey. I am very much pro Gailey. I was NOT after 517, but have changed my stance on him after mellowing and processing key pieces of information.

BOR, once again, I am pro Gailey for this season and it isn't that I think you have to give a coach 3 years. I am pro Gailey because I like him and I think he can coach at Tech. Now that he has made it clear that it will be "his" program as long as he is here, I think we have a chance.

On Braine: You are correct about the fact that I have no proof that he is deliberately trying to kill the program, and I should not have claimed that publicly.
I will say this, though. Hopefully he will stay away from instituting any more policy after his run of disaster last yr. It seems to me that he got power drunk after the departure of George, and Chan got caught in the jet wash.

If all it took was one year for Chan to realize its his program and that he should act accordingly, good for him, the players, and us.
smile.gif

I know you personally, and know you to be a loyal Tech fan. However, some of your (and others)critical opinions have come across differently on the message board, than they would have if we had been sharing a beer at O'Keefe or AMC.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Point Taken. Thanks for the calming words of wisdom. Will TRY to practice restraint but making no promises!
smile.gif

Ahso: You never understood that I was not criticizing Coach Gailey. I don't know the ends and outs of archaic formations and I don't expect Coach Gailey to either. Geez Techasmillion is the one spouting we should be eduacated in the Single Wing, Split-T, etc. before we dared to speak. For you to even began to believe Coach Gailey knows how to run the Notre Dame Box just as Rockne (or Carrollton) did would be absurd! That was my point about Techs statement.

MS. TA, Please don't try to pull me into your foxhole regarding Chan Gailey. I am very much pro Gailey. I was NOT after 517, but have changed my stance on him after mellowing and processing key pieces of information.

BOR, once again, I am pro Gailey for this season and it isn't that I think you have to give a coach 3 years. I am pro Gailey because I like him and I think he can coach at Tech. Now that he has made it clear that it will be "his" program as long as he is here, I think we have a chance.

On Braine: You are correct about the fact that I have no proof that he is deliberately trying to kill the program, and I should not have claimed that publicly.
I will say this, though. Hopefully he will stay away from instituting any more policy after his run of disaster last yr. It seems to me that he got power drunk after the departure of George, and Chan got caught in the jet wash.

If all it took was one year for Chan to realize its his program and that he should act accordingly, good for him, the players, and us.
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LLCoolJacket, I could NOT agree with you more. Furthermore, I do think Braine's "light went on" finally because some of the recent decisions have made me happy. Like:
1.) The hire of the new academic counselor.
2.) The start-up of Gold Line the online paper.
and although Clough was responsible for this...
3.) Demoting Carol Moore.
Their slowly getting on track, but he has a lot to prove still.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Gee MsTA, how do you come up with such false statements that you cannot prove?

(MsTA)
How about 'turning the tables' for once... how about saying that those that see Chan and his regime being GT's savior are NOT FANS! We could say anyone that supports a real non-coach for their school, alma mater, favorite team really could care less about what happens here!

Find me just one post where any poster has portrayed Chan as GT's savior! You cannot do it. There have been many that have stated he deserves to coach this year to have the same chance to succeed as the other Tech coaches from the past.

You also made a false statement about Gailey being a real non-coach. His coaching record shows him as a successful head coach in college and the pros. It shows him as a successful defensive and offensive coach in both college and the pros.

A non-coach? Gee, what a falsified statement that could not be proven anywhere. Don't be so ridiculous, no wonder I give no credence to your posts!

If you want to say you don't like him and never have, I will believe that.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">First of all ... I have never written a falsehood here or anywhere - when I make statements here it's ALWAYS WHAT I SEE AND BELIEVE! And if you give no credence to my posts - you sure take a heck of a long time and space answering them because deep in your heart you know this coach is nobody's savior! The word 'savior' here is in JEST which by the way I believe this coach to be a JOKE!

You continue to maintain a 'false' sense of security in your walking the line about who he his and what he can accomplish here. I chose to not walk that line because I believe in 'what you see is what you get'! After 2002 - what I saw and what we got was enough for me! And no, I NEVER FELT that way with any of our previous coaches - Ross and O'Leary! I never got the sense they weren't right for GT nor that they were non-coaches! There isn't a falsehood in any statement I made or will make.

What you feel is just that - you feel something for Chan that says, Ahso will straddle this line because I don't want to commit to something because I believe he has something to give - I DON'T! No falsehoods in my statements -
Your posts do nothing but take time and space in creating something you feel better with.

If Chan succeeds I'll be the first to give him an "Attaboy"! If he continues a spiral that I believe I see - I'll continue to come here and say it - makes no difference to me! In the meantime, this stuff about who is a fan and who isn't is getting very old and so devisive it's sickening!

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LLCool: You are entitled to be what you want. I was answering your post about calling out fans who are not Chan fans! You said that no matter if they were or they weren't - we're all fans and there should not be categorizing and I agreed.

I have no problem with what you think of this coach nor anyone else here. My problem has always been with those fans who think because there those that don't like him amd believe it was a bad hire, we're not fans - so far from the truth it's a disgrace!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

I have no problem with what you think of this coach nor anyone else here. My problem has always been with those fans who think because there those that don't like him amd believe it was a bad hire, we're not fans - so far from the truth it's a disgrace!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I absolutely agree! I have no doubt you are a true GT fan.

I would highly suggest though that you "let it go" for now. Your money could speak louder than words than your acutal words at this point.

Enjoy the season, or not if it turns out that way. You have a good message, and I hear it. Save your energy for when it counts though.

Ms TA, I agree with your sentiment, what I don't like is the need so many seem to have to air their dissatisfaction on public message boards. For some, even when something good happens it's just another chance to criticize again with a back-handed compliment. Oh well, we'll never agree on that.

When I post I really do not do so in order to begin a long thread, but this one time, showehow, it happened. Thanks to those who responded: those who supported me as well as those who pointed out my "weaknesses". I do no enjoy alienating people, but sometimes get a burr in my saddle and come over as (somone aptly pointed out) a self-designated top seargent--or something similar--. I love and appreciate all you Tech fans. I just sometimes get abrasive and self-appointed judge when I get out of hand. Thanks for the criticsms: They indeed, can make one grow, and I hope they do so for me. And thanks for the agreements expressed. I will not change my convictions, but will try to be more civil.
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Ms. TA, I may have jumped to a conclusion on what you meant when you replied the first time. Sorry about that!

I am just trying to be careful not being labeled anti Chan. Obviously, he had an awful year last season but I am pinning blame on that other fellow.
My position now is that Chan is the focal point of the relative success of this years team. Relative because of flunk-outs. A mediocre win total of 6 coupled with good overall team effort, steady improvement over the course of the year, and development at the qb position will leave me satisfied for 2003. Failure in any of these areas will be the reason to change my stance on him.

I am excited about the quality of the verbals we have received. Somebody is doing something right with these high school stars! Actually seeing them on the flats next year will mean that the next several months have been good ones.

GO JACKETS!

(somone aptly pointed out)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I claim responsibility for throwing out the word dictator. It now appears that was pretty harsh. My apologies for the characterization.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
When I post I really do not do so in order to begin a long thread, but this one time, showehow, it happened. Thanks to those who responded: those who supported me as well as those who pointed out my "weaknesses". I do no enjoy alienating people, but sometimes get a burr in my saddle and come over as (somone aptly pointed out) a self-designated top seargent--or something similar--. I love and appreciate all you Tech fans. I just sometimes get abrasive and self-appointed judge when I get out of hand. Thanks for the criticsms: They indeed, can make one grow, and I hope they do so for me. And thanks for the agreements expressed. I will not change my convictions, but will try to be more civil.
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techs.. you are a great fan and it is very apparent that you have a genuine love for GT.. Just understand that some of us have been dating GT for anywhere from a few years to several decades... Not love, just a very strong relationship...
smile.gif

Back