I MAY have been wrong about Sims

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Sims has shown he can be very accurate on mid to short passes. Inconsistent but accurate in stretches. He has not shown any ability to hit long passes.

FWIW, Yates is about the same but his misses are because of arm strength ; he is more consistent than Sims.

I re-watched the FSU game from last year. Sims was incredible for most of his completions and then inexplicably bad on his INTs.

I expect he started pressing last year and was pressing in that first game. I think if he can settle in then he can be accurate enough. We shall see.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I saw a lot of progress in two huge areas for Sims - his decision making on where to throw the ball and his touch on longer passes. I will admit as well to being somewhat wrong on Sims based on the NI game. I did believe he could end up being the better option of the two - him and Yates - but was just really beginning to question whether he would ever improve his passing accuracy and making mistakes. His skills shown Saturday make it clear that his mistakes are worth the excitement he brings with arm, legs and height. I like Yates but it did appear his upside may have been reached. He also has some talent and is a great backup if we could keep him.

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
We saw at least some improvement in Sims' decision making as the year progressed last year. There were 9 INTs in the first 5 games, compared to 4 in the last 5. Some of that can be attributed to a truly abysmal game against Syracuse, but I'm not a firm believer in throwing out data points.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
We saw at least some improvement in Sims' decision making as the year progressed last year. There were 9 INTs in the first 5 games, compared to 4 in the last 5. Some of that can be attributed to a truly abysmal game against Syracuse, but I'm not a firm believer in throwing out data points.
zero interceptions when we beat the dwags last year. Great performance.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Or we can visit when it happens because it hasn't yet. There's no reason to make negative assumptions based on last year or whatever your metric was.
You must be new to Beej’s forecasts based on y=mx+b regardless of any other variables. You should visit his medium page sometime.