I need help: Stubhub

When you buy from Stubhub, GT gets zero dollars. When you buy from GT, the money goes toward our athletic programs.

To ease your conscience, just write a check to the GTAA and drop it in the mail.
Why don't you go ahead and do it for him?

Ford also gets money from parts for used cars.
Just like GT gets money from concession stand purchases.

And before we can judge this guy we have to make sure he makes over 80k, otherwise he is a poor and should honestly be getting paid to take the tickets.

And before we can judge this guy we have to make sure he makes over 80k, otherwise he is a poor and should honestly be getting paid to take the tickets.

Yea that is a great point. I am actually a college student with a part time job so if I can find some good priced tickets Im sticking with them!

If they're losing that much money, why does RR.com link directly to stubhub?

StubHub - The Official Fan To Fan Ticket Marketplace Of The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Last year, I bought tickets to the Clemson game on Stubhub. Ever since, I've been getting emails from the Clemson Athletic Department. So this raises a question: Did Stubub provide my email address to Clemson, or does Clemson keep some season tickets to sell online which they can sell for a higher price than face value to one-time purchasers? If so, it's possible that GT is doing the same thing, and is using Stubhub to sell tickets at market rates for each game. Maybe buying tickets from Stubhub is actually buying from the Tech AA.

Well then he needs to buy these from the GTAA.

EDIT: no wonder he is trying to find a deal....he's a wofford grad. Need all the help they can get. #1of5GTaremillionaires

Sensing some resentment in this post that your GSU degree hasn't afforded you 80k

Sorry I had to leave this conversation just when it was getting good. I am glad to hear that CJ will be buying some Tech gear, but man will he be jelly when he sees my clear plastic tote back I got totally free with my thousands of dollars worth of season tickets.

Let's say they got $100 for 10 tickets.

CJ here wants to buy 10 tickets. He buys from GTAA, they get $100 more dollars.

He buys from Stubhub, GTAA gets $0 more dollars.

Seems pretty basic to me.

GTAA sells tickets on Stubhub

If they're losing that much money, why does RR.com link directly to stubhub?

Because GTAA is grossly mismanged and does fool things routinely, especially with regards to marketing. DUH. You new to stingtalk or something? :squint:

I came here to pay about stubhub.com link on the GTAA site, but others beat me to it. I would add that the GTAA also encouraged fans top sell their own tickets through that site as well. One more thing, the availability of tickets on RW is rather poor for single game tickets -at least it was for the GS game.

Because GTAA is grossly mismanged and does fool things routinely, especially with regards to marketing. DUH. You new to stingtalk or something? :squint:

That or stubhub pays GTAA a big fee to advertise on their site, thus making up the difference AND getting tickets into the hands of those who will actually use them.

When you buy from Stubhub, GT gets zero dollars. When you buy from GT, the money goes toward our athletic programs.

To ease your conscience, just write a check to the GTAA and drop it in the mail.

except for the dollars they got from the people who originally bought the tickets...id say having butts in the seat vs. not having butts in the seat is a better option..plus the guy bought 11 tickets..who wants to spend 100s of dollars to go watch Wofford.

I'll be in town for the Dook game and I'm going to pick up a few tickets. So should I wait for GTAA to put Dook single game tickets on sale or go ahead and buy some on stubhub?

GTAA could schedule decent opponents and not have the game at noon in August if they want to make more money on ticket sales. The fact that he is getting in the gate means GT will make more money because the 10 people will most likely buy concessions.

If everyone supports the GTAA regardless of the teams the schedule or the game times, why would they ever make them better. We live in a consumerist society and your dollars are your only voice that matters.

But the same number of butts will be in the seats in either case. If CJ buys 10 tickets from Stubhub, that's 10 butts, assuming 1 butt per ticket. If he buys from GTAA, that's also 10 butts.

Back