I Want A Brent Key-esque GT Sleeveless Hooded Sweatshirt

I'm still waiting for simple correct shade of gold, Adidas polo with GT logo on chest. no ridiculous logos, two-tone sleeves, or "only the best for the jackets" logos. who comes up with that stuff and thinks its marketable? I'm really not asking for much. would've thought this would've been in adidas' very first package of apparel.
I actually saw radio hosts wearing it when they did Joe Hamilton interview with 680, but cant find in stores anywhere.
and embroidered logo. not that crappy heat press stuff that peels off in the wash

I'm still waiting for simple correct shade of gold, Adidas polo with GT logo on chest. no ridiculous logos, two-tone sleeves, or "only the best for the jackets" logos. who comes up with that stuff and thinks its marketable? I'm really not asking for much. would've thought this would've been in adidas' very first package of apparel.
I actually saw radio hosts wearing it when they did Joe Hamilton interview with 680, but cant find in stores anywhere.

I've found that ebay has been the best place to find good adidas Tech gear. I've gotten a bunch of stuff that I haven't seen in stores anywhere. May want to keep an eye out there - though if you're looking for a medium, you better be fast because I will jump on it quick ;)

I just want a standard, gold polo. Is that too much to ask? Adidas has gone hard with the navy.

Wow, I just did some searching and you are right, there just isn't anything available out there.

Wow, I just did some searching and you are right, there just isn't anything available out there.

The bookstore had some (with the standard interlocking "GT") that were more of a true old gold by an alternate brand (Oxford I think) ahead of the Clemson game, and I actually almost bought one. Waited though because I thought surely I could find one online. Looked for them Saturday and couldn't find them, so I assume they sold out. Plenty of navy to be had. I don't mind other shirts like Peter Millar, etc. for wearing to play golf, etc. I just like to wear gold on gameday.

The bookstore had some (with the standard interlocking "GT") that were more of a true old gold by an alternate brand (Oxford I think) ahead of the Clemson game, and I actually almost bought one. Waited though because I thought surely I could find one online. Looked for them Saturday and couldn't find them, so I assume they sold out. Plenty of navy to be had. I don't mind other shirts like Peter Millar, etc. for wearing to play golf, etc. I just like to wear gold on gameday.

As you should.

and embroidered logo. not that crappy heat press stuff that peels off in the wash

This. Adidas fan gear is straight trash. I've regretted every Adidas Tech purchase I've made except for a few gold T shirts and a couple gold hats. My second-hand Russell and Nike pullovers and polos are 10x better. Also Adidas wants so badly to make navy our primary identity and GTAA is complicit.

Key has embraced the anti-Geoff even down to the way he dresses. He is a slick marketer.
Good point. After any unsuccessful coach the school almost always hires a complete opposite of the failure coach. Key is trying hard to distance himself from Collins.

None of you have the ööööing guns to pull off the look with your flabby girlie man arms.

This. Anyone looking for where they can buy a cut off hoodie will look like a twerp wearing it. Reminds me of the girls back in the 90's going to the mall to buy grunge.

This. Adidas fan gear is straight trash. I've regretted every Adidas Tech purchase I've made except for a few gold T shirts and a couple gold hats. My second-hand Russell and Nike pullovers and polos are 10x better. Also Adidas wants so badly to make navy our primary identity and GTAA is complicit.

Agree. I wish our contract was with Nike or UA.

This. Anyone looking for where they can buy a cut off hoodie will look like a twerp wearing it. Reminds me of the girls back in the 90's going to the mall to buy grunge.
Good point. That’s why I loved Cobain. He was the real thing. Lived under a bridge until he hit it big and then suffered for his art. He said his clothes looked the way they were because that was all he could afford.

Good point. That’s why I loved Cobain. He was the real thing. Lived under a bridge until he hit it big and then suffered for his art. He said his clothes looked the way they were because that was all he could afford.
He really looked/played the part, that's for sure. But I was always (and still am) more of an Eddie Vedder guy

What would stop them from primarily selling navy colored GT merchandise?

Nothing; but hopefully it would look better than the Adidas stuff. I bought a UA polo from the bookstore a few years ago because it looked better than the Adidas stuff.

51HfJPj2FbL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Nothing; but hopefully it would look better than the Adidas stuff. I bought a UA polo from the bookstore a few years ago because it looked better than the Adidas stuff.

51HfJPj2FbL._AC_SX569_.jpg
Agreed, I bought a gold adidas polos early in 2019 and the gold under armour polo at the end of 2019. The adidas gold was a slightly better color, but quality was sooo much better on the under armour one. I also bought a white adidas polo at the same time as the gold, and both had several pulls in the fabric within one or two games. The UA still looks like new.

Agreed, I bought a gold adidas polos early in 2019 and the gold under armour polo at the end of 2019. The adidas gold was a slightly better color, but quality was sooo much better on the under armour one. I also bought a white adidas polo at the same time as the gold, and both had several pulls in the fabric within one or two games. The UA still looks like new.

Interesting. I too bought the Adidas made GT gold polo around the same time. Still looks great and I wear it to every home game.

I think the Adidas stuff looks good--just wish there was more of it. Is the issue lack of what Adidas is producing or what the bookstore will carry?

Back