I Want A Brent Key-esque GT Sleeveless Hooded Sweatshirt

Interesting. I too bought the Adidas made GT gold polo around the same time. Still looks great and I wear it to every home game.

I think the Adidas stuff looks good--just wish there was more of it. Is the issue lack of what Adidas is producing or what the bookstore will carry?
Perhaps you are just gentler on your clothes, or just less intoxicated and more aware of your surroundings on gamedays. It's not uncommon for me to have to squeeze past other people and lightly brush up against a bush or brick wall. The thread on the adidas polos grabs very easily and gets pulled. The UA polo does not - it seems to be a much tighter weave. One of the adidas polos, I don't remember which, got pulls in it from rubbing against the strap on my little cooler. Just seems really poor quality to me.

The other thing about UA - I have athletic apparel from them that I got 15+ years ago in high school including shirts, basketball shorts, even compression shorts. It has been worn, beaten, and abused, and while it has to stretch quite a bit further than it did back then, it's all still wearable and in pretty dang good condition other than some sweat stains.

Interesting. I too bought the Adidas made GT gold polo around the same time. Still looks great and I wear it to every home game.

I think the Adidas stuff looks good--just wish there was more of it. Is the issue lack of what Adidas is producing or what the bookstore will carry?

Could be what the bookstore was carrying. What really turned me off was that the Adidas logo on the right side of the shirt was about the same size as the GT logo on the left. I didn't want to look like an Adidas advertisement. Overall the UA just looked better. The Adidas polo looked something like this:

38CBBE83-A518-4BFF-848C-27A10BDDEBAB.jpeg

The adidas polos are also cut weird. They feel shorter and wider at the bottom of the shirt. It makes mine start coming untucked a lot quicker.

The UA polos with the simple embroidered GT are the best shirts I’ve found. It also looks like Peter Millar is dropping us or the bookstore has stopped ordering from them. I wanted one of their shirts and they are down to smalls or XXXXXXL

The adidas polos are also cut weird. They feel shorter and wider at the bottom of the shirt. It makes mine start coming untucked a lot quicker.

The UA polos with the simple embroidered GT are the best shirts I’ve found. It also looks like Peter Millar is dropping us or the bookstore has stopped ordering from them. I wanted one of their shirts and they are down to smalls or XXXXXXL

I doubt merch has moved very fast in the bookstore the past 2 years and inventory/selection has been cut accordingly. If we start winning and fans start attending, things may get back like they were.

Nothing; but hopefully it would look better than the Adidas stuff. I bought a UA polo from the bookstore a few years ago because it looked better than the Adidas stuff.

51HfJPj2FbL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This is my current game day shirt. It’s old AF but still holding up. I bought two gold adidas polos over the course of the last few years. Shirts were fine but the pressed on logo failed on both. I’d still buy one tomorrow to have an updated option, but all they have is navy.

I guarantee you the school a few miles away has standard polos, in their primary colors, available. This isn’t hard.

I hate they won’t ship till November. Season will be over by the time we get them

Yeah, unfortunately this time of year, this is the quickest we could get them. After Thursday’s game, there’s only one more home game, and they should be here in time for it.

I am waiting to see someone wearing a cutoff hoodie with 'ATL' and '404' on it. :lol: I hope you guys are over your 'I want to dress like Brent Key' phase. I hope for your sakes the next coach is a better dresser than cutoff hoodies or sweater vests, skinny pants & no socks. :bowdown:

Where are my Adidas shoes!!! :bigcry:

I am waiting to see someone wearing a cutoff hoodie with 'ATL' and '404' on it. :lol: I hope you guys are over your 'I want to dress like Brent Key' phase. I hope for your sakes the next coach is a better dresser than cutoff hoodies or sweater vests, skinny pants & no socks. :bowdown:

Hey, at least nobody named their newborn kids Brent or Key.

Don't big cry me @coit . You can still wear your cutoff hoodie, skinny pants and Adidas shoes; just add a clown mask and it is an instant Halloween Costume. You can go to the party as a GT football coach.

Back