If StinGTalk is representative of the fan base

I feel like we have been saying we are snakebit way too much over the last 3 years. Programs lose players all the time. You scheme around it and coach the kids well and the loss of a few individual players can be marginalized. Injuries and attrition are part of the game. It’s not really an excuse for me. If we have a fundamentally sound football team that doesn’t shoot itself in the foot time and time again, then you set yourself up to not have games where you are up double digits in the 4Q with 600 yards of offense and end up losing.

Hate to say it but look at UGA with Smart. With Richt they were known for special teams gaffes, penalties out the ass, under utilizing talent, bad tackling, etc. They are now, unfortunately, coupling great talent with sound coaching and good special teams with a walk-on kicker who looks like an idiot. They are now well coached. It’s amazing how fundamental football and attention to detail can improve the pieces that were always there.
Let's see now, when Smart was getting beat by CPJ in Athens, which is equivalent to Smart having an uzzi and CPJ a dull knife, yet CPJ wins, and powerhouse Nicholls State embarrassed the dwags, again in Athens, it's let's just give him some time, yet when Woody struggles out the gate, it's all doom and gloom and CPJ should have never hired him!? Your logic is fundamentally ööööed up.

Let's see now, when Smart was getting beat by CPJ in Athens, which is equivalent to Smart having an uzzi and CPJ a dull knife, yet CPJ wins, and powerhouse Nicholls State embarrassed the dwags, again in Athens, it's let's just give him some time, yet when Woody struggles out the gate, it's all doom and gloom and CPJ should have never hired him!? Your logic is fundamentally ööööed up.
I don't know about that....Woody is CPJ's 4th DC, Smart was a brand new head coach, staff, and everything that the uga fan base asked for. I think people are just like "here we go again" with Woody even if that is not fair. CPJ has had several opportunities to the fix the D and people have lost patience.

Lol you are comparing a DC to a HC...whose logic is screwed up here again? Also, if you deny what Kirby is doing over there you are ignorantly blind.

Lol you are comparing a DC to a HC...whose logic is screwed up here again? Also, if you deny what Kirby is doing over there you are ignorantly blind.
What I'm comparing is your inconsistent appraisal of a recently hired HC and a DC, i.e. trigger finger syndrome.

I'm well aware of what Kirby is doing at ugag. Speaking of ignorantly blind, what do you think ole Kirby would be pulling off at ugag if 80% of his recruits had to qualify for and survive the Terry School of Business, much less our higher ranked school of biz which is a BS vs BA program? You do realize, the next HC you so yearn for will face just that, huh?

Back