I'm done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when you were applying to medical school and residency did the interviewer look at your application, see GT,look up and say "How can you explain the academic performance of the football team under George O'Leary?" In my interviews I dont recall the football player's academic performance being discussed at all, and I doubt people coming out of Stanford of Baylor have a problem either.

This post should be push pinned! APR aside, the Hill and academic purists just don't get this.

I'm not done.

I will continue to watch this team score and score and score. And give up score after score after score. It's kind of fun!

Seriously though, Tech is getting harder and nerdier...50% foreigners (or something close to that #). The school ain't what it used to be and it's only going to get worse. Student support is pathetic. The school is not headed in the right direction to support a college football team in the South.

It's ~15% foreign... but whatever.

This post should be push pinned! APR aside, the Hill and academic purists just don't get this.

Pin it so we can verify that those who believe this don't understand the real problem? You're right, it would be a handy check.

And when you were applying to medical school and residency did the interviewer look at your application, see GT,look up and say "How can you explain the academic performance of the football team under George O'Leary?" In my interviews I dont recall the football player's academic performance being discussed at all, and I doubt people coming out of Stanford of Baylor have a problem either.

No, but they did comment on the rigor of my undergrad. They specifically acknowledged that GT grads had done well there in the past, and cited that as something that made me stand out from the field when choosing people to interview.

Look, college football is just a big advertisement for the school. What do we have to gain by widening the divide between most of the athletes and the students?

Also, for the record, Baylor medical school and Baylor undergrad aren't even really affiliated anymore.

nerd.jpg

Georgia Tech: the only school where they eat their own, and then bitch all day about how bad they taste

Pin it so we can verify that those who believe this don't understand the real problem? You're right, it would be a handy check.

What is the real problem in your opinion?

I am not making a statement about why GT is where it is, I am pointing out how stupid it is to believe that just because a school lets in a few athletes that wouldn't get in otherwise it does not devalue your degree.

I am not making a statement about why GT is where it is, I am pointing out how stupid it is to believe that just because a school lets in a few athletes that wouldn't get in otherwise it does not devalue your degree.

There is no mechanism to admit marginal students based given the common core requirement. Everyone takes calculus; that's not an imposition based on any sort of academic arrogance, it's a byproduct of the institutional model. Reorganize as a university, make admissions program/school based, and there is no issue. People can complain about the Hill all they want, but until the school is reorganized to allow for major-based admissions, eliminates the common core requirement, and broadens offerings this entire complaint is a non-starter.

When has anybody complained that a management student devalues their degree? We don't and can't foreseeably won't offer the moronic parks and recreation degrees that useless schools like Clemson and Georgia do. We should go to the BOR and recommend a Useless Studies major. Then we could watch all the Occupy and make a mess folks proudly hold up their GT degrees and complain that they can't get a job.

Tax jacket is Dodd like because he yaps more. I have been here since 2004" I have been a ticket holder. I somewhat agree, but I don't drop my trousers. Defense is bad. Very bad. Problem is the same thing it has always been.

I would still support an immediate ban for any and all "I'm done" type posts. Make it like suicide. Once you do it, you can't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back