I'm going to call CPJ

I wish we had a cadence that snapped the ball the very second a defense shifted.

I wish we had a cadence that snapped the ball the very second a defense shifted.

Or could manage to run the plays that go counter to the shift. It is almost like these plays have disappeared from the playbook.

Or could manage to run the plays that go counter to the shift. It is almost like these plays have disappeared from the playbook.

There was a time or two the linebackers switched sides presnap. We ought to have a play that snaps the ball right as all three linebackers are in the MLB spot.

...because that fake motion we are doing is fooling nobody.

...because that fake motion we are doing is fooling nobody.

It might be interesting to run that fake A back motion, then snap the ball just as the D relaxes when he stops. But having the A back at a standstill in the backfield would probably hurt us more than the half-step we'd gain on the D.

JRjr

The question wasn't a troll, but honestly asking why the slot receiver wasn't eligible. Not a troll, but pretty lazy.

Obviously, that caller didn't listen to prior week's show in which CPJ discoursed on why the offense doesn't care if the ineligible receiver is covered or not by the defense and why this team doesn't back the ineligible receiver off the line to make him eligible.

Obviously, that caller didn't listen to prior week's show in which CPJ discoursed on why the offense doesn't care if the ineligible receiver is covered or not by the defense and why this team doesn't back the ineligible receiver off the line to make him eligible.

2c0c8_orig-oh_really_now_tell_me_more-2.jpg

Back