I'm really surprised at how many folks here aren't giving coach a pass this year?

Who's not giving him a pass? I haven't heard anybody calling for him to be fired except maybe one or two dumbasses that nobody listens to. He can get a pass and still be criticized.

Bringing up stupid play calls, not looking prepared, not liking changes to pregame or even not liking whatever vest he is wearing can all be bitched about while still giving him a pass.

Must of us know it will take time and may be ugly for a year or three. That doesn't mean we have to like it. That doesn't mean that he is not going to make any mistakes along the way. His pass doesn't include losing to the citadel, getting shut out and getting a delay of game on the first ööööing play after a touchback.

99% of the fans, even on here, are giving him a pass for this year and probably next if we see any improvement.

Just because some are bitching about his mistakes does not mean they think he should be fired. Some of his mistakes are reason for concern going forward. Can anybody recruit enough talent here to overcome piss poor gameday coaching?

Fans are going to complain and criticize the coach regardless of record or how many years they have been here. It still doesn't mean he's not getting a pass.

if you see a coach that has no future anymore with helping GT football succeed, you want him fired. Luckily he stepped down. Stansbury wouldn’t have fired him after 6 wins. Thus my post.

My perspective is positive for GT football either way. I wished they would’ve lost. So that change would be more likely to happen. But you bet your ass I cheered for the win during the game
You appear to be missing my point.

You hated the previous coach so much that you literally "wished they would have lost" so that he would be fired. Yet here you are big crying every post that includes even a mild criticism of Collins, despite everyone making it very clear that they do not want him fired and absolutely do not want GT to lose.

I'm not sure if it's fair to call you a cuck, but you're definitely a hypocrite.

You appear to be missing my point.

You hated the previous coach so much that you literally "wished they would have lost" so that he would be fired. Yet here you are big crying every post that includes even a mild criticism of Collins, despite everyone making it very clear that they do not want him fired and absolutely do not want GT to lose.

I'm not sure if it's fair to call you a cuck, but you're definitely a hypocrite.
You’re missing the point that it’s CGCs first season and not his 11th after missing a bowl game 2/4 of the last seasons and signing 6 o-lineman in 3 years

totally a non issue in comparison levels

if this was CGCs 11th season and I saw this bullshit record. I would be acting the same towards him as I call CPJ out

coaching tenures should be an upward trajectory leaving the program better off than before you came.. that’s all we ask and CPJ failed miserably

In year one for CGC I’m giving him a break for what he inherited along with recruiting etc etc blah blah

Last edited:
Certainly not calling for the HC's head so is that giving a pass? Does not mean some concerns aren't going to be voiced.

I personally don't like the constant pollyanna stuff, but the days of preseason 2015 where the HC warned repeatedly we were not practicing well coming off the OB season are over. It is just different. IIWII. We now know that we can't take anything the HC says seriously. I did early on and therefore expected a better year and to be competitive. Fool me once....

Only thing to do is cheer on the Jackets and wait and see what really happens going forward. I really hope, and think just about Tech fan does as well, that the recruiting is as good as the hype he talks. Being "elite" in everything we do would be a real positive change and it won't happen overnight. We will know more in Feb about how we are progressing.

The problem isn't that Collins doesn't have "his players".

The problem is that Collins is coming in after a recruiting staff that hasn't had a single non special teams player drafted in the past 3 years. Whereas CPJ inherited what may have been the most talented GT team in the 21st century.

Let's not embarrass everyone's intelligence by pretending that what Collins and CPJ had in terms of players available to them was remotely the same thing.

Sorry to embarass your intelligence... by assuming you'd read further down?

Back