Interesting Take By Chris Russo In NY Post About 25 Year Old …

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
men paying college sports with 19 & 20 year olds. Stetson Bennett is older than four NFL quarterbacks who are leading their team into the playoffs. That just doesn’t seem right. I certainly don’t blame Stetson for taking advantage of the opportunity, who wouldn’t???

men paying college sports with 19 & 20 year olds. Stetson Bennett is older than four NFL quarterbacks who are leading their team into the playoffs. That just doesn’t seem right. I certainly don’t blame Stetson for taking advantage of the opportunity, who wouldn’t???

Awesome comment posted in response to that article: " He would have gone to the NFL last year, but he couldn’t afford the pay cut." LOL

Meh. Weinke was pushing 30 by the time he finished at FSU. Then there was Brandon Weeden. I don't have an issue with it.
Chris Weinke, initially in the same 1990 FSU recruiting class as 1993 Heisman winner Charlie Ward, played in the Toronto Blue Jays farm system before going to FSU...... Weinke was 25 when he finally enrolled in 1997 and 28 when he won the Heisman in 2000.

Not much different than all the schools in Utah..... UU, USU, BYU, Weber State, et al, all have non-traditional demographics.

The double sport guys tend to give baseball five years, then move on to football.

What if you have a problem with all those examples? It is unfair from a “sports” perspective.

I enjoyed the sugar bowl in 2009 when Utah took a bunch of
those old missionaries and stomped Saban's team.

Attachments

• 19CBD9F9-34D8-430A-86E7-80D78B33F2E3.png
    19CBD9F9-34D8-430A-86E7-80D78B33F2E3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Weird to see this on a Tech board. What with the 6-year graduation plan at 12 hours per semester and all.

Weird to see this on a Tech board. What with the 6-year graduation plan at 12 hours per semester and all.

lol_400x400.jpg

But you have to realize that half the folks posting here have never seen the inside of a Tech classroom.

Anyway, absent a major injury or illness or family emergency, it should never take anyone six years to graduate from Tech.

The son of a friend is graduating this semester in four years with a degree in computer science.

Everyone knows what a dumbass I am, and even I managed to graduate in four years "back in the day" with a bachelors in electrical engineering, and a good ways toward my masters (full disclosure: I did take 20 credit hours three different quarters).

"But you didn't play football!!!"

No. But Sheldon Fox did play linebacker for Tech, and he made it out in four years with a EE degree and a 4.0 GPA or damn near it. I'm sure many, many other Tech athletes graduated in four years. Maybe some Tech athletes played college ball for six years like Stetson. Probably not many. And none of them had network announcers slobbering all over them like they did Stetson.

So, again . . . 4 years, 4 1/2 years, even 5 years . . . OK. But six years? No.

lol_400x400.jpg

But you have to realize that half the folks posting here have never seen the inside of a Tech classroom.

Anyway, absent a major injury or illness or family emergency, it should never take anyone six years to graduate from Tech.

The son of a friend is graduating this semester in four years with a degree in computer science.

Everyone knows what a dumbass I am, and even I managed to graduate in four years "back in the day" with a bachelors in electrical engineering, and a good ways toward my masters (full disclosure: I did take 20 credit hours three different quarters).

No. But Sheldon Fox did play linebacker for Tech, and he made it out in four years with a EE degree and a 4.0 GPA or damn near it. I'm sure many, many other Tech athletes graduated in four years. Maybe some Tech athletes played college ball for six years like Stetson. Probably not many. And none of them had network announcers slobbering all over them like they did Stetson.

I'm sure there are a decent number of Tech students these days who co-op or intern enough semesters that it takes them six years to graduate, but that ain't what he was doing.

lol_400x400.jpg

Took me 10 yrs to get an associates degree, and I partied like it was 1999, even before it was 1999. That has to count for something.

Back