Is Jeff Sims…

Never went to those extremes.

Saying that someone has a chance to be a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice isn't putting them into the NFL HoF.

People have mentioned Gibbs in comparison to Saints RB Alvin Kamara, how is that any different than me saying that Sims has a chance to be a 3rd round draft pick?
No big difference but they don't say it 10 times in every thread.

You do you. I don't agree with a lot of what you say but I admire your enthusiasm. I wish I was as optimistic as you but I just need to see results before I crown him the savior of GT football.

Maybe we shouldn't be the kind of Fans that blame the QB for everything 10 times in every thread.

According to our Fans Russ Wilson's dislocated finger on a Tipped Pass(last night) is his fault because he should've seen the DL and took a sack instead, no way could it be that his OL got beat on the Play.

It’s not just Sims.

In Baseball it’s the pitcher that gives up the long ball.
The Point Guard that turns the ball over.
The QB that can’t control the ball.

Only time will tell on Sims. If we can just get the UNC type game every week.

Baseball is one of the few Team Sports that also has a 1 on 1 component with the Pitcher vs Batter

the others are part of a Team (think DeNiro in The Untouchables)......but when you are in the Outfield, you are an individual.......

This is a fun game, post Joe QB ranks.

For fairness, I will leave off TO who only started a few games.

1. JT5
2. Goose
3. Nesbitt
4. Reggie
5. Washington
6. Bennett
7. Lee
8. Sims
9. Graham

Sims has the potential to jump up to probably 4 on that list. He won’t have a supporting cast to go higher IMO.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Here are mine, with tiers added:

Winners
1. Thomas
2. Godsey
3. Nesbitt

Solid, but not pretty
4. Washington

Inconsistent
5. Ball
6. Sims
7. Lee

Very limited
8. Marshall
9. Graham
10. Bennett

I think we mostly agree, but I moved Sims up a little (legit dual threat) and Bennett way down (<50% completion and no run threat).

What is it with your love affair with Sims?

I agree he has the tools to be special but it hasn't clicked yet. I hope that it does and you are here in a year or two dishing out I told you so's but he hasn't proven it yet. You act like he is making Trevor Lawrence look like a walk on.
He's the best QB talent we've had since Godsey

You do you. I don't agree with a lot of what you say but I admire your enthusiasm. I wish I was as optimistic as you but I just need to see results before I crown him the savior of GT football.
No, you're just a prick that somehow expects Sims to be ööööing superman and overcome the limitations of our OL

Gibbs had negative rushing yards last Saturday. Is he borderline to you too?

Sims has a ton of potential. He’s still young so will make some mistakes. Just has to continue to reduce them as he continues.

He doesn’t play D so no blame there. Plenty to go around on that side of the ball.

He doesn’t scheme plays so no blame there. Plenty of blame to go around on the staff.

Pro Football Network has a college player rankings page.

Sims is 102 of 130 starting QBs, unchanged since the beginning of the year. You can tell they barely were interested & had little comment besides he has a lot to prove. He’s ahead of MacKenzie Milton & U-ug-lay-lay. I have to admit I’m surprised Mertz & Nix has crapped the bed. Holmberg is #97 (Hey Thacker this is a hint). Lombardi is #94, Groesel is #85 (A hint for Thacker later in the season if this keeps up)

The running back list only goes 25 deep. Gibbs is not on it. Here’s the ACC’s RBs in the Top 25:

#10 Mataeo Durant- guess we’ll see tomorrow (Thacker that’s another hint).
#16 Sean Tucker
#20 Jashaun Corbin
#22 Zonovan Knight

No, you're just a prick that somehow expects Sims to be ööööing superman and overcome the limitations of our OL

Gibbs had negative rushing yards last Saturday. Is he borderline to you too?
You don't have a clue what I expect. I've never said anything bad about sims. In fact, I bet you can't find one negative comment from me about any player so go öööö yourself with your dumbass assumptions.

1 - He's our starting QB.

2 - He is an extremely hard worker.

3 - He has a very good overall skillset.

Based on those 3 items above 100% of our Fanbase should have a love affair with Sims.

Think of all the GT QBs post Shawn Jones, post JoeHam, and we have the nerve to be overly judgemental with Sims?

Post fail. If you were really a GT fan you would know we don't have a starting QB or a starting anything else. We only have an ATL chart.

Back