Is Jeff Sims…

It’s my opinion he’s gonna have big stats regardless. It’s all about the kind of O line we give him though.
He probably will....but Hell Reggie Freakin' Ball has his name up there next to Joe..... means nothing but a keepsake if you can't win

Hopefully he’s breaking records in wins.
Sims cannot play the other 21 positions on this Team.

Ask yourself this question, where would this Team be if the other 21 starters were as relatively good at their position as Sims is at his position, even taking into account the 2 tipped passes and the mesh fumble vs NIL?

Assuming Sims stays 4 yrs and avoids injuries, I think he will be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round with a chance to go late 1st Round(ala Jordan Love & Green Bay) if GMs make a run on QBs.

Also in 2.5 yrs when his Sr season is over a lot of older QBs will be leaving the NFL and GMs will be looking for QBs.

We are lucky that Norvell didn't want Sims for whatever reason, imagine if we have that other Fla QB that didn't pan out ---Tucker Gleason(?), remember when everyone around here said that he "was better coached and made better reads" than Sims based on HS tape?

Don't know why there is so much anti- Sims sentiment around here (not you OP), just from an overall attitude from the crowd around here

It would have been interesting to see Vad Lee at the helm for another 3 years. But at the same time I wouldnt trade Justin Thomas for anything. Lee loses that contest in my opinion.
Vad Lee tucked tail and wanted nothing to do with the triple option after that ONE big hit vs UNC , in a win mind you.

Vad Lee is nothing like Sims, Vad Lee only had 2 P5 offers (us & maybe Duke) to play QB , while Sims was an Elite11 Camper - 4* in just about every Rating Service and had more P5 Offers as a QB.

The previous HC made his hay Recruiting QBs where GT was the only P5 Program to give them the chance to Play QB -- Sims was never in that low of a category as a Recruit.

Sims, Simms, Jeff, or Geoff was nothing like Vad Lee as a player or Recruit.

Do you think Simms will end up transferring like Mr. Lee?

I think the only reason Sims would consider leaving is our OL. If we fix the OL then there isn't much reason to leave. I think Lee left because he and CPJ both could see that JT5 was the future and the diamond formation stuff was weak sauce. The OL needs to show some promise or else we might have more than Sims thinking about leaving.

I think the only reason Sims would consider leaving is our OL. If we fix the OL then there isn't much reason to leave. I think Lee left because he and CPJ both could see that JT5 was the future and the diamond formation stuff was weak sauce. The OL needs to show some promise or else we might have more than Sims thinking about leaving.
Well if key players start leaving then the writing is on the wall regarding CGC. Hopefully if players start leaving, they are former key players that have seen playing time reduced by newer, more talented players. Hopefully they get a degree and can grad transfer somewhere where they can contribute and shine.

Who hates Sims? I think there are 2 camps on here with regards to Sims, a) those who think Sims is God's Gift to Georgia Tech, and b) those who like poking those who think Sims is God's Gift.
To summarize:

One group that watches CFB , pays close attention to what's going on, and actually knows something about CFB, and can recognize Talent.

And the 2nd group, that think the previous HC was a genius and that the "powers that be" hated his genius and rigged the system against him and GT FB, and any attempt by GT to play 2021-version CFB will be met with much resistance, especially any QB we recruit that allows us to play 2021-version CFB, they don't hate Sims, they hate the idea of what Sims represents.

Where the öööö is the pole? What are we even doing here anymore?
Is a pink one OK?
1633711172911.png

To summarize:

One group that watches CFB , pays close attention to what's going on, and actually knows something about CFB, and can recognize Talent.

And the 2nd group, that think the previous HC was a genius and that the "powers that be" hated his genius and rigged the system against him and GT FB, and any attempt by GT to play 2021-version CFB will be met with much resistance, especially any QB we recruit that allows us to play 2021-version CFB, they don't hate Sims, they hate the idea of what Sims represents.
What is it with your love affair with Sims?

I agree he has the tools to be special but it hasn't clicked yet. I hope that it does and you are here in a year or two dishing out I told you so's but he hasn't proven it yet. You act like he is making Trevor Lawrence look like a walk on.

What is it with your love affair with Sims?

I agree he has the tools to be special but it hasn't clicked yet. I hope that it does and you are here in a year or two dishing out I told you so's but he hasn't proven it yet. You act like he is making Trevor Lawrence look like a walk on.
1 - He's our starting QB.

2 - He is an extremely hard worker.

3 - He has a very good overall skillset.

Based on those 3 items above 100% of our Fanbase should have a love affair with Sims.

Think of all the GT QBs post Shawn Jones, post JoeHam, and we have the nerve to be overly judgemental with Sims?

@Tshirt Man

Sims has the chance to be the Pied Piper for modern day GT FB.

Herschel didn't just give UGA 3 great yrs, he was one guy that brought tons of Talent to UGA to play with him.

Pre Herschel, Vince Dooley was a career 7-4 HC (11Gm Seasons), after Herschel UGA became a Recruiting powerhouse and a destination in the minds of Recruits.

Herschel was the keystone that has given UGA the 40 yrs that they've had since then.

Sims will never play QB at the level Herschel played RB , but he can do a lot for us perception wise and that is critical at this junction of GT FB after the 11 yrs under the prior HC.

Our fans need to always see the big picture.

Based on those 3 items above 100% of our Fanbase should have a love affair with Sims.

Think of all the GT QBs post Shawn Jones, post JoeHam, and we have the nerve to be overly judgemental with Sims?
Who's being overly judgemental? Just because not all of us are already voting him into the NFL hall of Fame doesn't mean we don't like him.

According to you, you either agree that he is the best qb in all of college football or you don't know öööö and just miss the old coach.

He's had a year and a half of film to look at. I like him and think he's currently the best bet for the future but can understand why people have their doubts and would like to have a plan b. Some of them might actually like seeing a pass play every now and then

There is a third camp. ööööty fans laying in wait so they can bitch and moan about Sims not reaching their ideals. That is the group that still öööös on Reggie to this day.
I liked Reggie. He always played his arse off no matter the situation and he was a tough dude that wanted to win.

@Tshirt Man

Sims has the chance to be the Pied Piper for modern day GT FB.

Herschel didn't just give UGA 3 great yrs, he was one guy that brought tons of Talent to UGA to play with him.

Pre Herschel, Vince Dooley was a career 7-4 HC (11Gm Seasons), after Herschel UGA became a Recruiting powerhouse and a destination in the minds of Recruits.

Herschel was the keystone that has given UGA the 40 yrs that they've had since then.

Sims will never play QB at the level Herschel played RB , but he can do a lot for us perception wise and that is critical at this junction of GT FB after the 11 yrs under the prior HC.

Our fans need to always see the big picture.
Dude, pass me whatever it is you're smoking.

This is a fun game, post Joe QB ranks.

For fairness, I will leave off TO who only started a few games.

1. JT5
2. Goose
3. Nesbitt
4. Reggie
5. Washington
6. Bennett
7. Lee
8. Sims
9. Graham

Sims has the potential to jump up to probably 4 on that list. He won’t have a supporting cast to go higher IMO.

Sims’ contributions are more dependent on how he’s used than what he’s capable of doing. Not a knock, but when he runs first then works the passes off the runs, he seems to settle in a lot better. Trying to make him a pass first QB is a mistake. He’s got strengths, God willing we’ll use them.

Who's being overly judgemental? Just because not all of us are already voting him into the NFL hall of Fame doesn't mean we don't like him.

According to you, you either agree that he is the best qb in all of college football or you don't know öööö and just miss the old coach.

He's had a year and a half of film to look at. I like him and think he's currently the best bet for the future but can understand why people have their doubts and would like to have a plan b. Some of them might actually like seeing a pass play every now and then
Never went to those extremes.

Saying that someone has a chance to be a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice isn't putting them into the NFL HoF.

People have mentioned Gibbs in comparison to Saints RB Alvin Kamara, how is that any different than me saying that Sims has a chance to be a 3rd round draft pick?

Back