Is There Any Instance That You Would Pull for The Dwags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I carried the sheer elation, sheer joy, of 35-18 in 1984 for years. Following that with 20-16 was icing on the cake.

BBFF7B90-DD78-4217-8B0A-AE28E05864D7.jpeg

@OP: If there was a pit of vipers swimming in flaming excrement between me and UGA, I would hitch them up and pull for them.

Is there an instance where I would pull for a uga victory? Of course but this is obvious and is a dumb question - if a deranged psycho murderer kidnapped your entire family and vowed to torture and kill them in the worst way imaginable and then send you the video afterwards unless you watched the game wearing I love uga panties while barking like a dog for all to see - and uga must win. In this case, everyone here would suit up lest they be the deranged psycho murderer. If I'm wrong about this, then please immediately go inform your family of this and report back with their response, I'd love to hear it.

But technicalities aside, is there a plausible scenario where I would actively root for them, like watching the game and being happy about good plays, high fiving after scores etc.... No. Never. Not under any circumstance. I tried this once and it was miserable - with Colorado / Notre Dame in 1991. The only time I've ever rooted for those assholes and I'll never forget the double anguish of that game. If there is a God, this day proved that he has a goddamn sick sense of humor.

Even if somehow a uga victory puts us in the playoffs, or otherwise was to our benefit, I wouldn't root for them. I just wouldn't watch. I would go fishing, hunting, flying or something disconnected from everything and then find out afterwards if we were beneficiaries. I'll take the spoils, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't actively participate in something I have no control over and would end up feeling disgusting and dirty no matter the outcome.

Is there an instance where I would pull for a uga victory? Of course but this is obvious and is a dumb question - if a deranged psycho murderer kidnapped your entire family and vowed to torture and kill them in the worst way imaginable and then send you the video afterwards unless you watched the game wearing I love uga panties while barking like a dog for all to see - and uga must win. In this case, everyone here would suit up lest they be the deranged psycho murderer. If I'm wrong about this, then please immediately go inform your family of this and report back with their response, I'd love to hear it.

But technicalities aside, is there a plausible scenario where I would actively root for them, like watching the game and being happy about good plays, high fiving after scores etc.... No. Never. Not under any circumstance. I tried this once and it was miserable - with Colorado / Notre Dame in 1991. The only time I've ever rooted for those assholes and I'll never forget the double anguish of that game. If there is a God, this day proved that he has a goddamn sick sense of humor.

Even if somehow a uga victory puts us in the playoffs, or otherwise was to our benefit, I wouldn't root for them. I just wouldn't watch. I would go fishing, hunting, flying or something disconnected from everything and then find out afterwards if we were beneficiaries. I'll take the spoils, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't actively participate in something I have no control over and would end up feeling disgusting and dirty no matter the outcome.
You think the psycho killer will let your family go after you debase yourself like that? No, you’re gonna end up cheering for uga and then he’s gonna kill them anyway.

I would want the mutts to win if GT was on the playoff bubble near the end of the season and we needed the mutts to beat App State before playing us to make our strength of schedule look better for the committee.

But that is just wanting them to win. "Pull" for them?

öööö no.

You think the psycho killer will let your family go after you debase yourself like that? No, you’re gonna end up cheering for uga and then he’s gonna kill them anyway.

That may be true but if you don't don the uga panties there's no way for you to know that up front so you forever carry the guilt. Again I could be wrong but the main point of this is I want someone to go to their family and say "you know honey if you were kidnapped by a deranged psychopath who is going to rape and kill you unless I pulled for uga, well sorry you're going to have to take one for the team because there's no way I'm going to do that". Then report back here with the findings, preferably captured on video. That's the main point of this exercise, surely there's someone who will take this bait? Come on do it do it!

That may be true but if you don't don the uga panties there's no way for you to know that up front so you forever carry the guilt. Again I could be wrong but the main point of this is I want someone to go to their family and say "you know honey if you were kidnapped by a deranged psychopath who is going to rape and kill you unless I pulled for uga, well sorry you're going to have to take one for the team because there's no way I'm going to do that". Then report back here with the findings, preferably captured on video. That's the main point of this exercise, surely there's someone who will take this bait? Come on do it do it!
It’s a dumb exercise. I’m not rooting for uga and I’m not entertaining impossible scenarios like a girlfriend asking if I would dump her if she became 600 pounds and missing all her limbs. No there isn’t any scenario where I would root for uga. End of story.

My 10 y/o son's youth basketball coach asked if anyone saw the ööööing of the horny toads and my son chimes up that he was a GT fan. That was the end of that. Proud dad moment.

It’s a dumb exercise. I’m not rooting for uga and I’m not entertaining impossible scenarios like a girlfriend asking if I would dump her if she became 600 pounds and missing all her limbs. No there isn’t any scenario where I would root for uga. End of story.
"Dump you? No I'd prefer it!"
or
"I blame myself. I never should've let you let yourself go."
h/t JC

I'd probably pull for them over the Taliban... maybe. Yeah, probably so.
If the Aliens from The Tomorrow War showed up and all humans on earth were wiped out other than uga fans, I would enthusiastically take the side of the aliens and wipe out our species.

So, in this case my family dies. I mentioned it to my wife and she said she expects nothing less.

You keep being a beta dwag fan, though.

Is this only immediate family or does it include cousins, aunts, etc., because it depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back