Is this how JT's ankle got hurt?

The Duke defender, like a thug, did it on purpose. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that in the video. This type of stuff should draw punishment and the ire of the ACC officials, but it will not. (IMO)

In my opinion it was a dirty play that ought to be punished. When you get a guy by one leg, and then roll him over by that leg, what do you think is going to happen? It is like taking a guy's finger and bending it back until it breaks off. Apparently some tough talkers think we should just let it go because "it's just football". Sorry, but football is not an anything-goes deathmatch. It is a game of toughness, but also one of sportsmanship where you respect your opponent enough not to purposely injure them.

Regardless of whether the guy was trying to hurt Thomas, this knee rolling is dangerous and preventable. Should be disallowed just as is eye-gouging or horse collar tackles.

In my opinion it was a dirty play that ought to be punished. When you get a guy by one leg, and then roll him over by that leg, what do you think is going to happen? It is like taking a guy's finger and bending it back until it breaks off. Apparently some tough talkers think we should just let it go because "it's just football". Sorry, but football is not an anything-goes deathmatch. It is a game of toughness, but also one of sportsmanship where you respect your opponent enough not to purposely injure them.

I think it's dirty as hell, but there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I think it's dirty as hell, but there is nothing you can do to stop it.

It can be penalized (unnecessary roughness), but I think I see your point. These things are going to happen, they're going to get missed by the officials, and you have to be good enough as a football team to overcome it. We should have been able to beat Duke without any one guy.

It can be penalized (unnecessary roughness), but I think I see your point. These things are going to happen, they're going to get missed by the officials, and you have to be good enough as a football team to overcome it. We should have been able to beat Duke without any one guy.

More like "our one guy has got to be tough enough to not get his ankle twisted when a tackler tries to twist it."

It is plainly intentional based on how he slowed on the tackle and then quickly rolled. They don't call it the death roll for nothing.

I advocate the eye-for-an-eye approach in this scenario.

I'm fine with this one too. If we can get UGA's only remaining tailback out for the game then we can call 2009 even.

We'd have to be able to make an open field tackle on him first though.

/shrug

This was the first time I saw J. Thomas slow to get up. I noticed it because the REFEREE had to help him up as no one with a GT on their helmet bothered to trot over to lend a hand.

Has Duke been recruiting differently these last few years and I didn't notice? I never thought they had players that took shots like that. I had them pegged for a classier team.

I think this was intentional but I don't really consider it classless or a deliberate attempt to injure the ankle. It was just a harder than necessary tackle.

This is the type of thing that happens in every football game. Actually, a lot worse probably happens when there's a pileup for a fumble.

Definitely intentional. Conference officials or coaches could impose a half game or game penalty just as they do sometimes with stomps or punches that aren't seen by the refs during the game.

CPJ affirmed that was the play where JT got hurt at the radio show. Seemed like he stopped himself from saying what he really thought about it

Back