Isaiah Johnson....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Isaiah Johnson is leaving GT with 2 degrees, top ten ranking, orange bowl trophy, and more tackles than any other DB in GT history.

When he sat out that year it sure did not look like it would end like this.

Congrats!

:biggthumpup:

Isaiah Johnson is leaving GT with 2 degrees, top ten ranking, orange bowl trophy, and more tackles than any other DB in GT history.

When he sat out that year it sure did not look like it would end like this.

Congrats!

:biggthumpup:

My daughter would joke that he was on his 10th year at GT. Seems like he has been around for a while.

What was his undergrad degree? I know he got his Masters in BC.

And the huge game-turning play in the win over UGA, when he knocked Chubb out of midair at the goal line!

Nick%20Chubb%20goal%20line.jpg

Good on Isaiah! Seems like yesterday we were watching him play high school ball. Looking forward to what the future holds for this young man.

And the huge game-turning play in the win over UGA, when he knocked Chubb out of midair at the goal line!

Nick%20Chubb%20goal%20line.jpg

Made the greatest running back in the history of great running backs, aka the next Herschel Walker, fumble the ball.

He was an odd one for us. Prototypical size for a safety and decent speed. Started for 3 years. Never really wowed me though. Seemed to consistently take poor angles and the Chubbs hit was the first time I really remember him trucking a guy - though that was one for the ages. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the little things he did and there must be a reason he started for so long. But I'm not as worried about replacing him as I normally would be for a 3/4-year starter.

Proud of his accomplishments overall though. Bounced back from injury to get back on the field, performed in the classroom, and never got in trouble.

He was an odd one for us. Prototypical size for a safety and decent speed. Started for 3 years. Never really wowed me though. Seemed to consistently take poor angles and the Chubbs hit was the first time I really remember him trucking a guy - though that was one for the ages. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the little things he did and there must be a reason he started for so long. But I'm not as worried about replacing him as I normally would be for a 3/4-year starter.

Proud of his accomplishments overall though. Bounced back from injury to get back on the field, performed in the classroom, and never got in trouble.

I think he was hampered by Al Groh's defense.

:deadhorse:

He and Golden (really all of the secondary this year) tackled very well, imo. The safeties and White especially laid some great hits throughout the year. Johnson also had a couple of key picks for us.

I agree he was solid, though unspectacular for the first two years, but thought he really played well this year.

I think he's got an outside shot at being drafted, but think he can definitely make a team as a UFA.

Isaiah had three big plays vs. the Dwags this past season. The forced fumble on Chubb, the recovery of Sony Michel's fumble for a touchback, and knocking their placekicker out of bounds at the 2 to keep him from scoring. We held them to a FG after their "successful" fake.

Well admittedly I think I judged him unfairly because his first three years he was poorly coached by Groh. Roof changed his level of play considerably.

Well admittedly I think I judged him unfairly because his first three years he was poorly coached by Groh. Roof changed his level of play considerably.

Not to thread-jack, but this is a point that can be made with a bunch of guys on our defense. The coaching staff we have in place seems to be able to maximize what they have, or at least coach it up and improve capabilities. It seems that Isiah didn't lack the "want to", and the mark of good coaching is getting kids that "want to", "to do".

Back