It Galls Me To Say This............

Pretty good reply FHStinger. One picture is worth a thousand words.

Father Time

Originally posted by 3518techie:
It always going to be tough for Tech to recruit in the state of Georgia. Look at the running back out of Tucker. He could come to Tech and probably start in 2004. Instead he is committed to UGA where he'll be behind Lumpkin, Cooper, Milton and others will be lucky to start as a redshirt junior in 2007. Richt is very good coach who has done a fine job in hiring his assistants. He is also like Bobby Bowden a moral hypocrite. The ethics classes he has for his players are nothing but a dog and pony show for the AJC. The real golden rule for Richt is "If you are a really good player the rules don't apply to you". I don't want be to be like that. What Tech needs is a Steve Spurrier type (would like the real thing but don't see that happening). A coach with a national reputation who runs a wide-open offense who can pluck a few recruits from Texas, Florida, etc. (Gailey to his credit did a good job in Florida last recruiting season). That's how we can compete with Richt.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Richt or not, Jawja would have gotten that running back from Tucker, they always do. I know many disagree with me, but I believe that they might have won the SEC a year EARLIER if they had kept Donnan and probably would have still won it last year too. Florida and Tennessee for the past several years have been busy falling on their ass. Spurrier is gone, so UGAly has their window.

Originally posted by FHstinger:
gatech-white[1].gif

puke.gif
ga-sm.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ha, ours is bigger!

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Southlink, if you want to post over here, change that obnoxious tampon flag.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bellyseries-

You, are a poet.

Calling Reicht a hypocrit is totally uncessary. He seems to be a fine fellow from what I read.

Someone also said Donnan would have won the SEC a year earlier if he had gotten to stay. His best team had passed. Reicht came in with a less talented team than Donnan's last far and away. Many people were prediction 5 or 6 wins. Don't forget that Donnan coached during several down years of the SEC East. (I think this is another down year for Florida and Tennessee just like the past couple).

I've got all the respect in the world for Reicht. You can see what he brings in UGA's swagger.

I am sorry but Richt is a moral hypocrite. You can't talk about faith and morality and then when 9 players sell their rings literally out of the box not help their mothers but to fund their spring break and don't get suspended it speaks volumes about Richt's real priorities. If those 9 players had been on the scout team, they would have been suspended. Also, there is a stench with the Odell Thurman situation as well.

I am sorry but Richt is a moral hypocrite. You can't talk about faith and morality and then when 9 players sell their rings literally out of the box not help their mothers but to fund their spring break and don't get suspended it speaks volumes about Richt's real priorities. If those 9 players had been on the scout team, they would have been suspended. Also, there is a stench with the Odell Thurman situation as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">But Odell is a gamer, man. You can't suspend him. I remember all of the times when I was a poor regular ol' student in school, people fell all over themselves trying to lend me their new Cadillacs.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess Jonathan Smith should've been suspended, too, because he did the exact same thing. Gailey must be a moral hippocrite as well. Personally, I don't see the problem with selling rings. Who am I to tell someone else what they objects they should value?

As for Odell, the NCAA looked into the Escalade and found no wrong doing. Just a friend of his Dad's from Monticello who came up to have a few (or more) beers. They needed a ride and Odell DD'd for them in the friend's car. Now, there is no defending him for driving without a license and the illegal lane change or whatever it was. Maybe that warranted a suspension, I don't really know. But when its put in the context of picking up people who had been drinking, I don't think it was too bad.

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 3518techie:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess Jonathan Smith should've been suspended, too, because he did the exact same thing. Gailey must be a moral hippocrite as well. Personally, I don't see the problem with selling rings. Who am I to tell someone else what they objects they should value?

As for Odell, the NCAA looked into the Escalade and found no wrong doing. Just a friend of his Dad's from Monticello who came up to have a few (or more) beers. They needed a ride and Odell DD'd for them in the friend's car. Now, there is no defending him for driving without a license and the illegal lane change or whatever it was. Maybe that warranted a suspension, I don't really know. But when its put in the context of picking up people who had been drinking, I don't think it was too bad.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">A cab beneath them? They have those in Athens, you know. Oh wait a minute, I forgot, that's ODELL! He's a gamer, man. You can't suspend him.

Originally posted by SouthLink02:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:
Southlink, if you want to post over here, change that obnoxious tampon flag.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's beautiful isn't it?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ooops, looks like someone stole it!!!

Jonathan Smith hasn't won an ACC title ring at Tech and I haven't anything about him selling anything on E-Bay so that's news to me. The reason it is banned because it could be easily abused. Wealthy alumni would be buying shirts or whatever and paying excessive prices to lure recruits. ("Come to State U and I'll buy your socks for 10,000 on E-BAY") As far as the Odell Thurman, it sounds like the ole Hershcel Walker trick. A guy from a family with modest means can somehow afford a Escalade or in Walker's case a Trans AM.

Originally posted by nathogt:
Calling Reicht a hypocrit is totally uncessary. He seems to be a fine fellow from what I read.

Someone also said Donnan would have won the SEC a year earlier if he had gotten to stay. His best team had passed. Reicht came in with a less talented team than Donnan's last far and away. Many people were prediction 5 or 6 wins. Don't forget that Donnan coached during several down years of the SEC East. (I think this is another down year for Florida and Tennessee just like the past couple).

I've got all the respect in the world for Reicht. You can see what he brings in UGA's swagger.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Uh, ob, do I smell a dawg in Jackets clothing??

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by FHstinger:
gatech-white[1].gif

puke.gif
ga-sm.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ha, ours is bigger!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL, true. Cant find anything bigger.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't see anything wrong with not suspending the players who sold their rings. As evidence by the NCAA, they did nothing wrong. So why suspend them?

On Odell, driving without a license was stupid. Real F-ing stupid. But I wouldnt suspend the guy for that when he was picking people up from downtown. Drinking and driving is an entire different story and thank goodness he wasnt doing that.

315 said
Jonathan Smith hasn't won an ACC title ring at Tech and I haven't anything about him selling anything on E-Bay so that's news to me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Care to revise your remarks or add Smith to the suspended list and add CG to the moral hypocrite list.

Smith ring sale

Care to revise your remarks or add Smith to the suspended list and add CG to the moral hypocrite list

DaveTech are you implying that Jonathan Smith is lying? It sounds more like the Billy Bennett situation where some friends of his took a lock of his hair and tried to sell it on E-Bay. Bennett claims he had no knowledge and I believe he is telling the truth. The UGA 9 knew what they were doing when they sold their rings to a broker. It is a different situation. It's fishy to me that a 3 year old ring ends up on E-Bay shortly after the UGA scandal broke. However, unlike you, I guess I'll give a young man who has been a credit to the program the benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
315 said </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Jonathan Smith hasn't won an ACC title ring at Tech and I haven't anything about him selling anything on E-Bay so that's news to me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Care to revise your remarks or add Smith to the suspended list and add CG to the moral hypocrite list.

Smith ring sale
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Perhaps you missed this followup:

"COLLEGES: Jacket not liable over eBay ring
Author: JOHN HOLLIS

Staff Date: July 30, 2003 Publication: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) Page Number: C6 Word Count: 228

Georgia Tech officials have cleared Jonathan Smith of any possible wrongdoing concerning a ring of his that ended up for sale on eBay.

Sports information director Allison George said Tuesday the senior wide receiver will not face any disciplinary action because he was not in possession of his 2000 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl ring when it recently went on sale on the Internet auction site. Smith said he mailed the ring home but never saw it again after it failed to arrive. He says he has ..."

BTW, what position was it that Richt promised Pollack he'd play when he came to georgia? It wasn't DL, was it?

[/qb][/QUOTE]

BTW, what position was it that Richt promised Pollack he'd play when he came to georgia? It wasn't DL, was it?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Pollack was recruited as an "athlete." We originally had him pencilled in at fullback until depth problems forced a move to the other side of the ball.

Back