Its been a week .........................

Amen brother I'm in my mid to late 60's and I guess I'll remember 51-7 until I go to my reward.

puke.gif

Yes I still feel the pain. It hurts even more since the Flats have gone silent. Wonder what is going on.

Me too, GMC. My GT pride has been bruised. I wear my "GT" hat everywhere I go, but now feel like replacing it with a paper bag.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Maybe things are "silent" at the GTAA because Chan & Co. are too busy recruiting and practicing for the upcoming the bowl game.

To me, coming out and playing inspired football for the SVB will speak louder than any "apology" that anyone can give (as if one is actually deserved). It won't make up for 51-7, but that milk is already spilt, so let's make lemonade!
smile.gif

I couldn't agree more SuperToe...what's past is past...Let's go to the SVC and kick a dog around!
GO JACKETS!!!

I also agree wholeheartedly with my good friend, Dedo del Pie Estupendo :>), but.....unfortunately....there will remain (for awhile, it seems) those who will miss some of the enjoyment of a fresh citrus beverage in favor of lamenting over the fact that their newly-laid Aleutian Green Armstrong Marmorette linoleum flooring has turned out to be lactose-intolerant. ;-)

FHstinger, like you I still wear my colors everywhere I go. I wear them with pride. I had my GT jacket on at Sunday School when a puppy asked me how I could wear it. I told him that unlike yard dawgs who hide under the porch when things are bad, we always proudly support our school.

Thank you GMC 68 for your comment. SOME on this board give the impression that they actually want Tech to fail so that they can say they were right about coaches, recruits, colors, and just about anything else negative that they can come up with.
And they live always in the past with what ifs, and they never have a positive comment.

I have sat through many lean years at BDS since the 50s. I always support my institute and the team. Disappointment - yes. Disloyal - never. (Can't wait for the comments on this one).

SUPPORT GEORGIA TECH, or get another life. Hell if some of you had been commanders in WW II - would we have won?
rant.gif
Come to think of it were some of you negative viewers commanders in Vietnam?

After 28 years of supporting all our sports programs without having graduated from here, there would NEVER be a time I would say I'm not a fan ... ALWAYS! I've been through the ups and downs and remain constant in my loyalty.

What that drubbing did was make me MAD! I can only hope this was a "wake-up" call for the coaching staff and its main man. Time will tell and only time has made me more supportive of the Yellow Jackets! Coaches come and go, we're always here!

If CG can not get those guys ready for the bowl game after being EMBARRASSED ,then something is definitly wrong.

"I told him that unlike yard dawgs who hide under the porch when things are bad, we always proudly support our school."

I have to take umbrage with that comment. Since my first game at UGA, where I saw Herschel destroy TX A&M, back in '80, I've only missed 5 home games and always manage to get a seat in your building. This year I also traveled to SC, Bama, Jax and the Dome.
I think we also both know that we ALWAYS sell out our building where as your boys take out full page ad's, in the AJC, along with putting up billboards trying to sell tickets. Our building is also a tad larger.
Bottom line, I do believe your contingent spends a MUCH larger part of their years under said "porch", then does my group.

Be in pain but be realistic.

HBTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBTd, I will give you one thing....ugag (much like pro 'rasslin' and Springer and UT and SC) will never have a hard time finding enough bodies to fill the seats at the 'pool in the Fall. And a good many of those bodies (like yours) are there every year, every game.......as are a good contingent of the Tech fans at BDS. But please pardon my chuckle as I think of all the brand-new car flags that are now visible all week long (funny.....you guys laughed at Vols for doing that before, huh?) and all the house flags that still have the creases in them from their bags.

Funny how so many of 'em that had gone up about mid-way thru the season were down by Sunday morning after the game in Jax, though. ;-)

Heck....I begrudge your fans (new and old) NOTHING, though!..........20 years is a looooooong time to be have no banners to hoist. CONGRATS!!!!...your teram is VERY deserving of their status right now!

I just put a brand-spanking new flag on my car. Right out of the plastic. My 5th and 6th of the last 2 years, actually, as the others keep getting worn down.

SS.......mine also look new for about ½ of a RT to and from BDS. Flirting with triple-digits on GA400 will do that. ;-)

Yes....both my passengers and my flags show up in the same shape.......A-FRAYED!!

What will it take to get carflag manufacturers to start some serious subsonic wind tunnel research??!!

:>)

Frankly, I've been a little surprise that there aren't more flags out. I live up in the "Smyrna/Vinings" area and work in Buckhead and haven't seen near as many as I thought I would. Didn't see a one on the way to work this AM. Of course I have two flying.
smile.gif

As for mine, I have about 6 of them in varying degrees of disrepair. One is about 75% gone and I did just order my new 2002 SEC Champions one. You'll see it at Phillips, this Sunday.
wink.gif

I'll never deny that all schools have some fair weather fans but I'll also NEVER cease to be amazed at how you guys can't sell out such a small stadium.

Buzzfan, I think we may have stumbled on to a very lucrative idea. You bring the laminates, and I'll supply the flags.

A buddy of mine once had a flag that was so frayed that there was a 15 foot string trailing along behind it. His wife tossed it into the garbage when he wasn't looking, and I'm not sure if he's forgiven her yet.

Ya know, if they'd just use some heavy duty stitching on the back end...
Of course, if they did that they wouldn't sell near as many.

Back