Its been a week .........................

ahso, saw one the other day that needs to do a better job keeping his flags separated.....

Had one of his ugag flags flapping on one side....

...and his Pizza Hut flag on the other side.

Coudn't tell if he was a 'company man' on his free time or a mutt 'on the clock'!

;-)

When I lived in Chattanooga, I made fun of UT folks for always driving around with those flags. Now, I see UGA flags everywhere in my current town, even when they're not playing. It's all in good fun, I suppose.

51-7 has got to suck. But you're playing in a Bowl game and will have an opportunity to end the season on a positive note.

SSDAWG, Sorry you are correct. I was just working from memory and didn't remember Texas A&M that year but did remember Texas Christian - who you beat 34 to 3. I thought you had confused Texas A&M with Texas Christian.

My fault and you are correct.

It's alright. Texas A&M obviously wasn't much of a force to be reckoned with that year anyway, I don't think.

HBTD

I agree - actually you helped make my point..

In fact, I forgot to add, UGA could just as easily be undefeated this year and playing for all the marbles (frankly, I think the best two teams right now are UAG and Miami)

Thats the point....A few plays here a few plays there and a season can go from 11-1 to 8-4 or worse....You have to be good AND lucky to go undefeated, or 11-1...You can continue to be good but the breaks don't always fall your way as they did to UGA this year....I repeat though, UGA is VERY good this year, and I don't intend to take that away....Just a reality bite

SS....you're correct..in fact, TCU might've been the better of the two.

I get a chuckle when pups (et al) try to downplay the NATS' MNC in '90 when the '80 pup team (although having the added distiction of going untied) played a documentably-weaker schedule (lower combined records of opponents, fewer ranked and bowl teams). Would be interesting to see how much of an SOS gap (if calculated as today) would have been between the two squads (albeit only relative to the respective seasons)

Neither of us got the chance to play in "#1 vs #2"....but while most talk about a "Tech vs CU" matchup in '90, Miami was probably the actual strogest team that season (definitely better than the Buffs....and probably Tech, too).

CU not only had gift W's vs MO and ND, but lost to an Illinois team that got humiliated by AWAL (33-0?) in their bowl....the same tigger team we beat 21-19.

In '80, Pitt had the best record/schedule toughness combo for the season, and probably would've handled the pups in a bowl (moreso than the '81 team)

Back