It's Miami and Virginia Tech!!!!

Re: It\'s Miami and Virginia Tech!!!!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Disgusting.
puke.gif

Does anyone other than me think that the team from South Bend will be arriving soon to make it 12?

please stop this roller coaster ride. i want to get off and i'm feeling ill.

welcome to the ACC, miami and VT and whoever the 3rd team will be to get us to 12.

i feel sorry for BC because they really wanted to be in the ACC unlike Cuse.

to hell with georgia. to heck with duke and north carolina. i hope those two bacca road schools realized tonight that they are not power brokers anymore.

This is stupid.

That is all that comes to mind right now.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

welcome to the ACC, miami and VT and whoever the 3rd team will be to get us to 12.

to hell with georgia. to heck with duke and north carolina. i hope those two bacca road schools realized tonight that they are not power brokers anymore.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jlo - are you on the Cane board as JK8fan?

With Miami and Virginia Tech the only two selected, I can only come to one conclusion.

Virginia would only vote for expansion if VT was offered, and that was the only way for expansion to happen at this time.

That tells me NCSU or some other teams would not vote for a 13 team league. That also tells me the schools could not agree on on which one of the other two schools to select at this time, Boston College or Syracuse.

My gut feeling is that the schools will add either Boston College or Syracuse as soon as the details are worked out, and it can be determined which one to invite and which one to turn down.

I have a gut feeling North Carolina, Duke, and Maryland either want Syracuse because of their strong basketball program, or they don't want them because they feel threatened by Boeheim. Probably one or the other.

Boston College appears to be the best pick strategically, but Syracuse would provide the best incentive for maintaining the basketball power of the conference. This could very well have something to do with the delay on the 12th team.

I believe one of the two will eventually become the other team to make it a 12 team league.

Father Time

Sometimes I sure do wish we were in the SEC, instead of this mess.

Thank God someone in the ACC came to their senses. Tired of people wanting to "dumb down" our athletic program by taking the path of least resistance. It is about competition, not location. People care about Who you play, not where they are located in the country. VT is in ACC country. And college competition starts with FOOTBALL. That is where tv ratings come from, or do you truly believe we always outdraw ugag in games televised in the Atlanta market? Instead of Cuse or BC, I would hope UCF might make strides so we might bee able to consider them as a future ACC member.

This is good. I'll more than welcome Miami and VT to the ACC.

Am feeling certain there will be another to come.

GO ACC!! GO JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by texstinger:
Thank God someone in the ACC came to their senses. Tired of people wanting to "dumb down" our athletic program by taking the path of least resistance. It is about competition, not location. People care about Who you play, not where they are located in the country. VT is in ACC country. And college competition starts with FOOTBALL. That is where tv ratings come from, or do you truly believe we always outdraw ugag in games televised in the Atlanta market? Instead of Cuse or BC, I would hope UCF might make strides so we might bee able to consider them as a future ACC member.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We may disagree at times, but think you're RIGHT ON!!

GO ACC! GO JACKETS!!!

The only way to get UVA's vote since Duke and UNC refuse to compromise on anything! Doesn't really matter whether VT accepts or not - it lets UVA off the hook to vote for expansion.

I sorta hate to have to go to Blacksburg after Beamer. Beamer is all they have.

I also wish SU was in so Coach K would have someone even better and he would not be King of the Hill anymore.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I completely agree, especially on the issue of BC. They were really looking forward to joining the ACC and even went as far to put together that press release that was posted here a couple of days ago. I would not be very happy if I were the president of that school right now.

Is there any indication that Miami or VT would accept such an invitation? VT is still a plaintiff in the lawsuit and I really don't think that Miami would come to the ACC alone.

BC got screwed. It's that simple. We, the ACC not Tech, have left them out to dry. They will get screwed on every Big Least decision from now until they are run off and the ACC is the reason. Well, at least DOOK and NC got to somewhat get their way, by at least destroying the original plan. Everyone should feel wonderful about that.

Why do we need Cuse to knock crychefski off as "king of the hill?" We have the same OPPORTUNITES as they do. It is up to US to recruit and compete to get the job done.

Originally posted by JJacket:
BC got screwed. It's that simple. We, the ACC not Tech, have left them out to dry. They will get screwed on every Big Least decision from now until they are run off and the ACC is the reason. Well, at least DOOK and NC got to somewhat get their way, by at least destroying the original plan. Everyone should feel wonderful about that.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are correct BC did get screwed and would have brought more to the table then VT! BC has been wanting out of the BE for years. I can't tell you how angry this makes me. They offer a team that has A DAMN LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING BLACKMAILED by Virginia politics!

Let's remember, the ACC NEVER WANTED VT!! Now, let's see if Miami accepts - remember THEY wanted BC and Syracuse to come with them, NOT VT! They wanted TV in the Northeast market. I really hope they say a big NO because this is a disgrace for the conference, the teams in it, the teams wanting to come, the whole management and administration.

And as far as NC and Duke - I hope they get screwed down the line as well - I've had it with these two!! My faith in doing what's right has been blown out the window here! Unless there's something behind the scenes we don't know about, I'm about to leave the ACC for good and I'm sure some here will be glad I've left, this is how mad I am!
mad.gif

preach on MsTech! If we leave the ACC, can we leave Gailey there, too???
smile.gif

As pointed out by Goldtimer on the Hive, it now takes 3 schools to block expansion.

Uncle Duke and Aunt Unice have lost their clout.

Texstinger, you tend to say things sometimes, that are not true, but you state them to back up your own desires.

The ACC country means teams on the Atlantic Coast or the States are on the Atlantic Coast.

Boston College and Miami are more on the Atlantic Coast and fit more into the ACC than any of the other teams in the league or trying to get into the league.

Virginia Tech is now the most remote team from the Atlantic coast. Georgia Tech is the second most remote team from the Atlantic Coast.

If Wake Forest is in Winston-Salem, it is further from the Atlantic Coast than Syracuse.

It you want a real ACC league, it starts in order with Boston College, Miami, Maryland, North Carolina, Duke, NCSU, FSU, Syracuse, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech.

Virginia Tech is the last team that should be admitted to the conference if you are considering the teams distance from the Atlantic Coast. Georgia Tech would be the next to last team.

If you are talking distance from the the center of the league, which is NC, NCSU, and Duke, then Miami is more distant than Syracuse or Boston College.

So, the last teams admitted to the ACC for distance to the Atlantic Coast would be Virginia Tech. The last team to be admitted because of distance from the center of the league is Miami.

Facts.

rolleyes.gif

MsTA, you are correct. If Boston College does not get in, they did get screwed. They deserve to be in the ACC much more than VT. They also bring much more to the table than VT. When Beamer is gone from VT, there is nothing left for the ACC from that school.

That is really a poor decision by the other teams in the ACC.

drinking.gif

Back