"It's not a University"

gsu_paintballer

Dodd-Like
Cody Sheppard im a highschool junior and interested in GT does anyone know any scholarships from the university that are offered to out of stat students?
January 28 at 8:16pm · Report

Lane Chapman First, don't call it a university. It's an institute. "University" is for that "other" school in Athens, GA. Check this out: http://www.finaid.gatech.edu/scholarships/ Good luck.

This exchange is from the GT Facebook page.

Isn't Tech a university really, just not in name?

The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.

u⋅ni⋅ver⋅si⋅ty  /ˌyu
thinsp.png
nəˈvɜr
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
ti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoo-nuh-vur-si-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties. an institution of learning of the highest level, having a college of liberal arts and a program of graduate studies together with several professional schools, as of theology, law, medicine, and engineering, and authorized to confer both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Continental European universities usually have only graduate or professional schools.

Use university in a Sentence

See images of university

Do we have a "College of Liberal Arts"?

Since it's in line with exchanges on this board, it's more relevant.

Also, since it's regarding GTU, I thought this was a pretty relevant place as well.

Guess that settles it. GTU it is.
You don't have to reference two dudes on facebook, you can just ask 'is GT a university or institution' if you are not sure. But you are right, it's a valid question, I didn't question that part of your post.

You don't have to reference two dudes on facebook, you can just ask 'is GT a university or institution' if you are not sure. But you are right, it's a valid question, I didn't question that part of your post.

I wasn't questioning anything.

I was mocking the idea.

u⋅ni⋅ver⋅si⋅ty  /ˌyu
thinsp.png
nəˈvɜr
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
ti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoo-nuh-vur-si-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties. an institution of learning of the highest level,

If thats the case how does Ugag get away with being a university? Maybe they should be called The Greater Athens Gathering for Mid-level Education(GAGME)

Yeah, typical douche response. GT is a university.

from the gatech.edu:

The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition ...

Georgia Tech is a state university that employs more than 4000 people in a variety of disciplines from executive administrators to faculty to researchers...

I wasn't questioning anything.

I was mocking the idea.

Good lord. Going outside of stingtalk and bringing it back?

No one cares that you think the idea that we argue about this is silly or not.

Until you attend Georgia Tech Institute or the University of Georgia Tech, I just think you should shut your face about what those of us that have attended the INSTITUTE of technology care to argue about as regards to our heritage.

Good lord. Going outside of stingtalk and bringing it back?

No one cares that you think the idea that we argue about this is silly or not.

Until you attend Georgia Tech Institute or the University of Georgia Tech, I just think you should shut your face about what those of us that have attended the INSTITUTE of technology care to argue about as regards to our heritage.

So sensitive. Contrary to popular belief, the internet is not serious business.

It is a university. It is not "the University". When a definite article is used, it must be "the Institute". However, it is "a research university", "a top-ten public university", etc. Unfortunately, there are extremists on both sides who do not understand this.

It is a university. It is not "the University". When a definite article is used, it must be "the Institute". However, it is "a research university", "a top-ten public university", etc. Unfortunately, there are extremists on both sides who do not understand this.

Good post.

Back