I've got to give Patenaude credit

I am. The passion runs deep.
R-2833223-1303232959.jpeg.jpg

On repeat this morning?

Anyone else mad that the staff was happy to run the clock down for a loss, instead of trying to win the game?
No, considering we were 1 yard within tying up the game. Clearly that strategy worked. Chances are we run the hurry up and make mistakes keeping us from scoring at all. Instead, they were deliberate and set the players up to win.

Did anyone else notice CTC giving Gibbs an earful at one point? I’d like to know what that was about.

Y'all can say all you want about a "good game plan" and P'Nut coaching Yates up, and a porous O-line, etc, etc, but the fate of the game was determined on 2 inside-the-10 series, which both consisted of poorly-called 1st and 2nd downs, chaos and an unwanted timeout on 3rd down, followed by an ineffective 3rd down play and only a semi-significant 4th down play (FG instead of TD). And the problem is that this is not the first time this has happened. It happened at least 4 times last year, it happened in the NIL game, and it happened again in the KSU game. And every time the sequence was EXACTLY THE SAME. Does not anyone see a pattern here? P'nut folds on pressure plays in key points of the game,. On the post-game show, one of the analysts said that Tech lost the game on that 3rd down timeout on our last drive. He said we had Clemson confused and sinking, and the timeout gave them time to regroup and prevent the TD. That timeout, as I have already pointed out is typical P'nut goal line offense, and that all lies on him and him alone. P'Nut lost that game last night; Clemson didn't beat us.

Anyone else mad that the staff was happy to run the clock down for a loss, instead of trying to win the game?
No. Who in their right mind would be mad about having first and goal to tie the game at the end of the fourth quarter against the number six team in the nation?

Y'all can say all you want about a "good game plan" and P'Nut coaching Yates up, and a porous O-line, etc, etc, but the fate of the game was determined on 2 inside-the-10 series, which both consisted of poorly-called 1st and 2nd downs, chaos and an unwanted timeout on 3rd down, followed by an ineffective 3rd down play and only a semi-significant 4th down play (FG instead of TD). And the problem is that this is not the first time this has happened. It happened at least 4 times last year, it happened in the NIL game, and it happened again in the KSU game. And every time the sequence was EXACTLY THE SAME. Does not anyone see a pattern here? P'nut folds on pressure plays in key points of the game,. On the post-game show, one of the analysts said that Tech lost the game on that 3rd down timeout on our last drive. He said we had Clemson confused and sinking, and the timeout gave them time to regroup and prevent the TD. That timeout, as I have already pointed out is typical P'nut goal line offense, and that all lies on him and him alone. P'Nut lost that game last night; Clemson didn't beat us.
Agreed. I see it and the pattern is in year 3 now. The score to me doesn’t matter just like it didn’t matter last year. It’s the process and right now our process is not there on game day. This coming Saturday in MBS we will all watch Yates looking at the sideline, Patenaude looking at an IHOP level play sheet and Collins whispering to the refs all while the play clock is winding. And we will invariably see at least 2 first down plays inside the 10 where we will throw a fade to the corner of the end zone where it will be caught by a security guard. And Smith will be on the sidelines texting his dad about which SEC school needs a running back next year.

Agreed. I see it and the pattern is in year 3 now. The score to me doesn’t matter just like it didn’t matter last year. It’s the process and right now our process is not there on game day. This coming Saturday in MBS we will all watch Yates looking at the sideline, Patenaude looking at an IHOP level play sheet and Collins whispering to the refs all while the play clock is winding. And we will invariably see at least 2 first down plays inside the 10 where we will throw a fade to the corner of the end zone where it will be caught by a security guard. And Smith will be on the sidelines texting his dad about which SEC school needs a running back next year.
Orlovsky called it out at least a couple times...some of the critical plays were there, but execution wasn't. That includes the shovel pass at the end. Let's assume we absolve the players of any fault. Is that really an OC thing or is it more on the position coaches?

Not sure anyone can argue with anything you’ve said. You pointed out a valid unsavory trend.

Maybe you can argue it’s all about execution, but then again Goober is responsible for getting them ready. If it was one failed effort in 1 game ok, but it’s nearly every damn time when it matters.

Man, y’all are really some self-hating pussies.

Back