"Jackets no better in their 11th game than in their 1st"

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
So says Steve Hummer in todays AJC:

Jackets teetering on precipice

Hummer sure 'nailed' some things on the head in this piece. The Yellow Jackets haven't improved whatsoever, execution wise, over the course of the season.
Hummer goes on to add "& up next is an intrastate rival far superior to any of the last 3 teams the Jackets have lost to--by an average of 24 pts, by the way. A rival that would love nothing more than to grease the skids of ANOTHER descent into doubt & turmoil."
Another winter of doubt & turmoil, aaaarg!

We've just lost a tough away game that we could have won, with a highly ranked, highly confident SEC team coming into our house and noone is giving us a chance.

Deja-vu, anyone?

I am not going to read the auc, but I don't have a problem with the quote: "Jackets no better in their 11th game than in their 1st"

Reason being is that we show no continuity of improvement. Flashes of brilliance are followed by damn poor technique and execution.

Chan and the boys have one chance left to make this season right.

I would tend to agree with what you said he said. The kicking game seems to have gone backwards since first 3 games. CG has no innovative thoughts on O. O line very poorly coached, think D has done most of what they can do except tackling has gone dwon hill last 3 games. Very sad.

Most disconcerting is how Reggie's progress has gone in reverse. Seems like something is distracting him. As for the team as a whole, Duke, UNC, and now UVA all seemed to clearly want it more. You can tell not only from on the field energy and enthusiasm, but the sidelines as well.

I'm concerned about the starters just being worn out. THWG

Look for Carter to give Ball a good race for the starting quarterback job next year.

Father Time

The next two games,Georgia (and Boise State I suppose) will put an exclamation point on the job Chan Gailey is doing,one way or another.

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
The next two games,Georgia (and Boise State I suppose) will put an exclamation point on the job Chan Gailey is doing,one way or another.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Stateline.. you still dont get it... you cant get orange juice from turnips.. no matter how badly you "hope" that it will..

Whether you like it or not.. Gailey has won 6 games with this team that NOBODY gave a chance to win 6 with...

Am I pleased with yesterdays loss.. hell no.. we looked terrible.. but one game doesnt make a season.. This team is 6-5, when some predicted they would be 1-10 or 3-8 at best..

Nothing wrong with criticism... but you seem to spend more time criticizing than praising.. the glass isnt half empty

you people letting Hummer do your talking for you?
laugh.gif

can someone tell me which one of these pics is Hummer?

image_40210.jpg

or

ass.jpg

Although I think the donkey should be turned around....the other end is a better likeness!!

Originally posted by jacketguy:
[qb]

Whether you like it or not.. Gailey has won 6 games with this team that NOBODY gave a chance to win 6 with...

Am I pleased with yesterdays loss.. hell no.. we looked terrible.. but one game doesnt make a season.. This team is 6-5, when some predicted they would be 1-10 or 3-8 at best..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Several on this board said this team would win six games, so that statement is a lie. Maybe in the future we can just judge the success of our program on whether we beat the predictions of the experts at Athlon.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:
[qb]

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Several on this board said this team would win six games, so that statement is a lie. Maybe in the future we can just judge the success of our program on whether we beat the predictions of the experts at Athlon.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He was talking about Hummer and Bradley who predicted we would win 2 or less. So you people should have been listening to Hummer then and you would not had to waste your time supporting GT.

How many teams have started a true freshman all year and gone to a bowl? ANY BOWL?

still waiting for this answer?

Anyone notice how when you click the "Top Questions for Tech" link, it takes you to "Top 5 Questions For The Dawgs"?

I think we should have no more than 3 losses at this point. I am not saying the kids aren't trying, but I am saying they are not being coached up. I am also saying I believe in them.

What do you mean, which one is Hummer? I can't tell the difference.

Did you mess up and post the same picture twice?

Father Time

Originally posted by Wrecked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:
[qb]

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wrecked.... I was talking about the sportswriters who predicted us to finish 8th in the ACC ..(since this thread was about a Hummer column) ... so no... it wasnt a "Lie" as you put it...

But... I can sure appreciate your passion for Georgia Tech... and I was probably as pissed as you were on Saturday...

Not really Stateline. Alot of people said the same thing last year, then we had the trainwreck in Athens followed by Fresno and then Flunkgate.

I've seen enough.

But then again I drove to Durham to watch that debacle and watched a lackluster performance vs. UVa as usual.

Truth of the matter is this: Braine is a handpicked hack by Clough who can stay until the cows come home. Therefore, Gailey will stay. Despite 51-7 plus whatever they post vs. us on Sat. It just doesn't matter.

They've dumbed down expectations so much that even the Georgia game doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

What do you really expect to happen the next two games? Do you really envision Gailey's pro style zone blocking one back offense to run up and down the field vs. VanGorders defense who invites people to run wide? And when they put 8 in the box and you have a freshman QB who is being told to take an 8 step drop with 6-6 def. lineman in his face, well, you get the picture. Special teams? Nothing special, we lose that one every week. And the last month our LB's and DB's have been nowhere to be found. I love those 15 yd. cushions on the corners, it reminds me of when that idiot Huxtabell had our defense.

We can see the next two games coming a mile off, why does it take so long to convince people?

Back