Jahmyr Gibbs Appreciation Thread

I wish he would have made the TD run on the kickoff and had a kickoff TD, rushing TD, receiving TD

I see some Derek Henry in Gibbs. However, people will always compare him to someone. I"m just along for the ride.

I see some Derek Henry in Gibbs. However, people will always compare him to someone. I"m just along for the ride.

I wish he was Derrick* Henry. 6'4 240 with break away NFL speed...

If you think Jahmyr has some crazy high school stats, take a peak at Henry's.

He was great, but maybe let's let him earn his reputation? Overhyping players before they've even had the chance to prove it almost never works out well (see: Vad Lee). We overhyped Sims last week, and then when he put up a typical freshman performance in Week 2, people viewed it as a major disappointment.

Overhyping players...never works out well (see: Vad Lee)
giphy.gif

I think you could compare him to Dalvin Cook.

In 3 years other people are going to be trying to compare players to Jahmyr Gibbs.
I voted for Cook at the Heisman House on campus before the GT/FSU game in 2015

He was great, but maybe let's let him earn his reputation? Overhyping players before they've even had the chance to prove it almost never works out well (see: Vad Lee). We overhyped Sims last week, and then when he put up a typical freshman performance in Week 2, people viewed it as a major disappointment.

I am confident we are not overhyping either Sims or Gibbs. They are both the real deal.

I am confident we are not overhyping either Sims or Gibbs. They are both the real deal.
Agree 100%. But calling them Lamar Jackson and Reggie Bush after 1 game is a little excessive, no? All I'm saying is let them earn their stripes. I don't think it's fair to them to do otherwise.

Look at Reggie Ball, for example. He got overhyped his freshman year and now is the subject of derision 15 years later because he didn't live up to that unfair hype. Dude was a 4 year starter and took us to the ACCCG - he deserves better. Same would apply to Vad Lee, had he not transferred. The hype was out of control, and a decent first year as starter looked much worse in comparison to what we expected. I'm convinced that contributed to his departure.

Serious question, couldn't we just have taken Hollings out of the game at that point of the contest? What was he doing in the game?

Yeah, I think we did have a good lead but it wasn't a blowout. The issue was I think he had like 35 carries. We worked him way too much. He also got hurt in the 3rd quarter and we put him back in; that was the most questionable thing.

There is no way they are not. I have seen a lot of football at the flats. TC, Hollings, Dwyer, Gibbs

Agree 100%. But calling them Lamar Jackson and Reggie Bush after 1 game is a little excessive, no? All I'm saying is let them earn their stripes. I don't think it's fair to them to do otherwise.
These guys just got conference Rookie of the Week awards back to back. I think a little hyperbole is "fair".

Look at Reggie Ball, for example. He got overhyped his freshman year and now is the subject of derision 15 years later because he didn't live up to that unfair hype. Dude was a 4 year starter and took us to the ACCCG - he deserves better. Same would apply to Vad Lee, had he not transferred. The hype was out of control, and a decent first year as starter looked much worse in comparison to what we expected. I'm convinced that contributed to his departure.
This is some Grade A fear-mongering in a purely anecdotal opinion piece. That's a lot of spinning just to tell people to stop being excited.

My retort would be that RB's are a lot easier to project than QB. Assuming health, there really isn't anything that's going to stop Gibbs from being outstanding for us.

As for Sims, if 18 completions, 250 passing yards and 90 rushing yards are a disappointing game for a true freshman in his 2nd start, my hype isn't diminishing at all.

We aren't the only ones hyping, so I'm gonna enjoy it!

Edit: nm

Not trying to poop on the party. We have 2 amazing freshmen that will be great for us for years to come.

My retort would be that RB's are a lot easier to project than QB. Assuming health, there really isn't anything that's going to stop Gibbs from being outstanding for us.

As for Sims, if 18 completions, 250 passing yards and 90 rushing yards are a disappointing game for a true freshman in his 2nd start, my hype isn't diminishing at all.

We aren't the only ones hyping, so I'm gonna enjoy it!

It’s a bitter sweet thought but damn is it sweet.

Serious question, couldn't we just have taken Hollings out of the game at that point of the contest? What was he doing in the game?

I give poos very judiciously and have yet to do so since the update, but this deserves several. I'll hand out no further poos for months if this the standard.

Back