Jamal Camp Reports...

Yep correct Nathan Burton also. Hixson, Burton, and Knight. Collins will be coaching DBs.

Thanks for correction.
So CGC didn't coach DB's at Temple, but he will coach DB's here at Tech, even though he's bringing his DB coach with him...? That's curious. I wonder what the rationale for that is.

Moreover, what's the rationale for Saban (and CGC) to coach DB's...? Of all the position groups, why that one? Is it because they love DB's? Or is there some strategic advantage to having the HC there instead of coaching DL's or LB's?

And I still don't really understand the political relationship between the DC and the HC when the HC takes over one of the DC's position groups. Seems like it creates some muddled lines of communication for the players.

So CGC didn't coach DB's at Temple, but he will coach DB's here at Tech, even though he's bringing his DB coach with him...? That's curious. I wonder what the rationale for that is.

Moreover, what's the rationale for Saban (and CGC) to coach DB's...? Of all the position groups, why that one? Is it because they love DB's? Or is there some strategic advantage to having the HC there instead of coaching DL's or LB's?

And I still don't really understand the political relationship between the DC and the HC when the HC takes over one of the DC's position groups. Seems like it creates some muddled lines of communication for the players.

Both Saban and Collins were defensive backs and my guess is they enjoy coaching/teaching and that is what they know best.

Both Saban and Collins were defensive backs and my guess is they enjoy coaching/teaching and that is what they know best.
Ah, the ol' "for the love of the game" explanation. I didn't know such purity was possible in CFB these days, but I'm willing to run with it.

Ah, the ol' "for the love of the game" explanation. I didn't know such purity was possible in CFB these days, but I'm willing to run with it.

LOL! Keeps them young and happy. I don't understand how both he and Burton can coach DBs either.

LOL! Keeps them young and happy. I don't understand how both he and Burton can coach DBs either.
Maybe they don't... having a title doesn't necessarily mean doing the work. I would be curious to be a fly on the wall of the HC's life for about a month before during and after the season.

Back