James Graham in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is sarcasm, but, (gasp) what if you are actually correct ?
We have Marco Coleman on staff. Who played real college football and then 14 years in the NFL.
Tashard Choice played real college football. And then 6 years in the NFL.

Gonna be hard to be "actually correct".

I was hyped for sims, but I can tell he has no pocket presence or field vision.
This one statement is what shows your ignorance. Sims is the ONLY QB I've seen with any semblance of pocket presence and field vision. Graham stares down one receiver, and if it isn't open, he takes off. Even if he has time. Sims is the only one that has stayed in the pocket for any length of time, stepped up in it, and thrown to his 3rd or 4th option. The bad picks he's thrown are when he was just trying to force something that wasn't there. Those types of things he could get away with in HS playing HS level secondaries, but he'll learn when to throw those balls away. The rest have come when he's been hit or the ball has been hit. Do you even watch the games or are you just making this stuff up?

This one statement is what shows your ignorance. Sims is the ONLY QB I've seen with any semblance of pocket presence and field vision. Graham stares down one receiver, and if it isn't open, he takes off. Even if he has time. Sims is the only one that has stayed in the pocket for any length of time, stepped up in it, and thrown to his 3rd or 4th option. The bad picks he's thrown are when he was just trying to force something that wasn't there. Those types of things he could get away with in HS playing HS level secondaries, but he'll learn when to throw those balls away. The rest have come when he's been hit or the ball has been hit. Do you even watch the games or are you just making this stuff up?

I think he's mainly trying to argue that he shouldn't be getting hit in the pocket or letting the ball get hit out.
Personally, I think when he's lingering in pockets a bit long he's being coached to try and ignore the failures of the OL some so he doesn't develop a habit of abandoning pockets cause he's anticipating a breakdown. With an OL like ours, could see it easy for a QB constantly feel like they're getting pressured even when they're not. Other disagreement would be that pocket presence and field vision are things a player just instinctively has and can't learn over time with experience.

In 2021 will Sims and all other true freshmen be true freshmen again, or some other designation? And then will the incoming class of freshmen for 2021 also be freshmen? Seems we could have a plethora of freshmen and RS freshmen this time next year.

In 2021 will Sims and all other true freshmen be true freshmen again, or some other designation? And then will the incoming class of freshmen for 2021 also be freshmen? Seems we could have a plethora of freshmen and RS freshmen this time next year.
Basically, yes.

Assuming the new vaccines will get things back to almost normal next spring, the designation C-Fr or C-Sr, etc. will be used to designate those who played in the Covid year.

That really sucks. Hate it for the kid. Wish he had stayed and graduated from tech.

Not sounding good

Maybe just realized it is time to move on with his life. If he wasn't going to the NFL and he was graduating or close to graduating, maybe he made the decision that his football days were over.

I haven’t followed this at all, but according to the info contained in the links Graham was absent for most of spring training in April to “deal with personal issues.” Then some time in June he was switched to WR.

Sad. He would have been better off sticking at Tech as a DB/WR and graduating. Best of luck wherever he goes from here.

Very rarely has a guy transferred away from us and had any success.
Yep. You can say that for guys transferring in as well. Usually they came in with some hype and don’t make a huge difference.

There is a reason transfers transfer. Sure you can find some exceptions.

Yep. You can say that for guys transferring in as well. Usually they came in with some hype and don’t make a huge difference.

There is a reason transfers transfer. Sure you can find some exceptions.

tashard-choice-autographed-georgia-tech-8x10-photo-65.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back