James Graham in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I think about these the trajectories of most transfers, and it's really sad. Think of the excitement that greeted his signing, the acclaim he had among the fan base, and his promising initial play. But a change of coaches, a change of systems, some new competition comes in, and next thing you know you're having to transfer 'down the ranks' to try to get some playing time. These kids really love playing football.
Similar things could be said about a lot of kids who aren't athletes, and the excitement and dreams that they and their families have when they head off to college somewhere , , , but then things don't pan out and the dreams are dashed. So very many drop out after, or even during, their freshman year for various reasons. Seen it a lot. And it's usually sad. That drive from school, back home, with all your stuff jammed in the SUV and roof carrier is a LOT different than that drive to school in the fall when you were embarking on a new adventure as an incoming freshman.

Anyway, I wish this young man all the best wherever he goes. And if I ever met him, I would like to think him for his hard work and giving his best for our football program while he was here.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
What did other schools recruit him as?

Could he not change positions at GT?

Edit:

So he needs to find a triple option team or something...

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Edit:

Lots of people are suggesting GA Southern. Close to home and they run the shotgun version of the offense. He'd be a good fit for that having learned CPJ's offense for a year and having started in a shotgun based scheme last year. I'd think they'd be all over him.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Similar things could be said about a lot of kids who aren't athletes, and the excitement and dreams that they and their families have when they head off to college somewhere , , , but then things don't pan out and the dreams are dashed. So very many drop out after, or even during, their freshman year for various reasons. Seen it a lot. And it's usually sad. That drive from school, back home, with all your stuff jammed in the SUV and roof carrier is a LOT different than that drive to school in the fall when you were embarking on a new adventure as an incoming freshman.

Anyway, I wish this young man all the best wherever he goes. And if I ever met him, I would like to think him for his hard work and giving his best for our football program while he was here.
I agree – but when most college kids pick a school, they aren't interviewed on TV, and their resumes analyzed on boards like this, and so forth. The spotlight on HS athletes signing P5 scholarships really inflates the sense of expectations. Think of all the UGA 5-stars that went on to do bupkus, in college or the pros. That's a sad slice of reality to have to contend with at 21. Hopefully some of these kids are able to learn from this and develop the kind of character that will serve them well through all the vicissitudes of life over the next 60 years.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
JG's a warrior. I get it, but I hate losing players like him. Sims needs to remember he's still got Yates and Gleason hot on his heels.
I wouldn’t count on Yates and Gleason being here next year either

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
Big disagree. He still has 3 years of eligibility- how did we waste his career?

He is a great ATH, but a well below average arm talent. Not a great fit in a pro style offense. It would be surprising if he found success at the QB position on the power 5 level.
Below average arm talent, when he had a compatible year to Joe Ham in the first year of spread? He has crazy talent and we decided to piss it away for an overrate Jeff Sims. We should’ve started him this year.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
I think about these the trajectories of most transfers, and it's really sad. Think of the excitement that greeted his signing, the acclaim he had among the fan base, and his promising initial play. But a change of coaches, a change of systems, some new competition comes in, and next thing you know you're having to transfer 'down the ranks' to try to get some playing time. These kids really love playing football.
Not everyone can be great at every level in every aspect of life; people hit ceilings and/or max potential at all things. It isn’t sad; it’s a universal truth.

helluvaparamedic

Damn Good Rat
Heard the final straw were his struggles in kickball practice yesterday; he was behind Luke Johns, Wesley Wells and Jack Coco in the batting order. Something had to give
I heard it was in dodge ball. Sims had Coach Collins in his crosshairs, but he stared him down and was intercepted. Patenaude left him in.

DawgHater13

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Potentially unpopular opinion:

It could workout in our favor long term if some of the younger guys from PJ’s most recent recruiting classes decided to transfer (‘18 & ‘19). A considerable amount of them may never see significant playing time and we could use the additional scholarships recruiting kids that fit the system. I think JG is a prime example. One mans opinion..

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Below average arm talent, when he had a compatible year to Joe Ham in the first year of spread? He has crazy talent and we decided to piss it away for an overrate Jeff Sims. We should’ve started him this year.
LOL this is the dumbest take I think I have ever seen.

What stats of his were compatible to Joe Ham's? I'll wait because I have all three's stats right in front of me.

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Bullshit. He didn't earn the position. You aren't at practice everyday, nor does you playing lower level football make you some sort of expert on who should be playing at GT. Sims has a much better arm than Graham. It has been apparent from day 1. Graham didn't really earn the starting position last season. Lucas Johnson did but was injured twice. He had his shot.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
LOL this is the dumbest take I think I have ever seen.

What stats of his were compatible to Joe Ham's? I'll wait because I have all three's stats right in front of me.
So you have OptionsJacket on ignore.

Stats were VERY similar. They both weighed about 190 pounds. :lol:

gtphd

What a time to be alive

Edit:

1. Go in the transfer portal and see who has interest in you as a QB
2. If no one you're interested in playing for reaches out, change positions at GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.