Jamious Griffin gone…

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a cancelled BTS concert.

I agree that hosting events is unlikely to be a significant revenue stream. I think they just highlight that because it sounds better than saying we don't want to keep paying for real grass, similar to how talking about recruiting advantages and mayhem sounds better than saying we want to sell out MBS to ND and Clemson fans.
We have always sold out to ND.

Clemson wasn't filling their own stadium after their crappy start. Took just a few games for the bandwagon to empty.

Equivalent of going from a '65 Mustang to a used Honda Accord. Pragmatic, more affordable, easier to maintain, saves money overall, but no one is going to admire the Accord.

Depends on the overall evaluation. The AA is in the entertainment business. This is more like you local theater getting low quality speakers. It lowers the overall experience of the gameday experience. Is it enough to turn fans away? Probably not, but make enough of these decisions and you become the dollar theater with sticky floors and old releases.

Depends on the overall evaluation. The AA is in the entertainment business. This is more like you local theater getting low quality speakers. It lowers the overall experience of the gameday experience. Is it enough to turn fans away? Probably not, but make enough of these decisions and you become the dollar theater with sticky floors and old releases.
if this were F1 GT has become Haas ....Alabama, Clemson et al are MB and Red Bull.

It's a shame to walk through the portal and immediately be embarrassed of our field, before the embarrassment of the game starts kicking me in the nads.

When Miami made their first trip to BDS as a member of the ACC, I had a couple of Miami fans sitting nearby (an actual nice couple) who asked me if our field was some sort of artificial surface because it looked so perfect.

Remember when we developed the system to recycle water so the field can be watered and we had this great drainage system installed that made sure our natural surface never turned to a boggy mess during a game?

Now we know that artificial turf looks like hell and we need to tear it out.

Whoever in GT AA made the decision to put that crap down needs to be canned, yesterday.

We just went through the biggest transition in the history of football fields. Going back to real grass is a pipe-dream. The NFL hardly uses that outdated system anymore and we need to get with the times.

Which thread is this?

We just went through the biggest transition in the history of football fields. Going back to real grass is a pipe-dream. The NFL hardly uses that outdated system anymore and we need to get with the times.

Which thread is this?
The one where we talk about your mamma.

We have always sold out to ND.

Clemson wasn't filling their own stadium after their crappy start. Took just a few games for the bandwagon to empty.

I know, the point is we'll make a lot more selling out MBS to ND and Clemson than we do BDS. More seats, higher ticket prices, more concession stands, "mayhem" merch, etc.

The projected math works out to a million more per year. I'm guessing the savings on the turf are close to a half million a year too, especially if we manage an event or two a year now that COVID restrictions are loosened.

Anyone remember a play a few years ago where Patenaude lined up something like just the center and the quarterback in the middle of the field and the rest of the offense off to one side like it was a backyard play? Snapped the ball and instantly sacked

The ol' Swinging Gate play, right? I vaguely remember this.

And a cancelled BTS concert.

I agree that hosting events is unlikely to be a significant revenue stream. I think they just highlight that because it sounds better than saying we don't want to keep paying for real grass, similar to how talking about recruiting advantages and mayhem sounds better than saying we want to sell out MBS to ND and Clemson fans.
Bingo.

bingo-naked-gun.gif

We were competitive in 75 percent of our games this season. It's easy to forget that because we got manhandled in our last two games of the season, against two of the top 5 teams in the country.

Take this team and improve it a moderate amount and it's a bowl team. That is not necessarily true if you lose some of the team's best playmakers.

You've bought in to the UCS, eh? We're this close, right? Creating margin. 3 wins is 3 wins. We are a certifiable dumpster fire. Losing a couple of RBs is not going to make a significant difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back