Jaybo at Ga Southern

GBurdell

One for each tiddy
Looks like he's the starter for the eagles on sat. night vs Savannnah St.

Savannah State just fired their white head coach so he turned around and played the race card.

Boom Shakka Lakka!

GSU should have a nice cakewalk this Saturday.

and he's gonna have a hell of a debut against a sh***y team like SSU!

Can't wait for the App State game. The Eagles likely won't be back to old form this year but I have a feeling it's going to happen soon. If nothing else, the fanbase has gotten excited about the TO coming back.

Go Southern, I hope state loses their first game, but probably won't.

I honestly feel bad for Savannah State. It'd be amazing if they won, considering the bombs being dropped on their football program as of late. It's almost like they enjoy self-destruction at the hint of success.

Monken does not appear to be impressed with GSU's progress to date, but he does say that Southern does much better with Jaybo on the field, so there is hope.

Last edited:

Looks like Shaw's staying at Tech. Is he enrolled this semester? That would clinch it. If he were going, he'd be gone already to get in on Spring Practice.

This is where the GSU fans insinuate he didn't have the grades :laugher:

Jaybo isn't transferring. Only chance of that was if his dad got hired on as a coach and it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

No. Simply No. Not trying to be an ass but its not happening from everything we have heard over the past month or so

we is all of us fans and I have heard it from the same guy that said we were getting Groh despite the Dolphins efforts. So mock if you want to, and if he leaves mock some more. Hahaha not that it makes it true but I pay for this info if that helps you any....lol silly GSU

Extra point for the kick in the nuts there. Your list of grudges must be in a .zip file by this point :D

Gonna be a tough year on the banks of Eagle Creek, but by all accounts, Jaybo has fit in very well with the team. He'll give them a semblance of knowledge of the offense.
At least there is a future again at Georgia Southern. Monken's a great dude and he will win there. I think the fan base is unified for the first time in a long, long time (except for being unified for wanting to beat the ever livin crap out of VanTurder following the disaster that was 2006.)

I listened to a interview with Jaybo the yesterday and I've got to say, he's a very well spoken young man. He was a good represenitive for the institute and will be a great asset for GS.

I will be curious to see how Jeff Moncken's teams perform in the next few years, after he gets the personnel and teaching of the system down. He seems very sharp and capable. I'll especially be interested in what kind of play caller he is. No one knows the future, and there might come a time when we need to call someone up from the minors, so to speak.

It appears my joke struck a little too close to home if you're dragging it up months later as some kind of "in yo face" moment.

Actually, I probably shouldn't have put that one in there. It was more about the people who automatically said he wasn't coming here.

Especially the Rivals guy.

Dumb move on Jaybo's part. Sacrifice a Tech degree to start at GSU for a couple of seasons while they rebuild.

It's not like he's going to make it in the NFL.

Dumb move on Jaybo's part. Sacrifice a Tech degree to start at GSU for a couple of seasons while they rebuild.

You need a degree with Tech to be a football coach???

He wants to teach and coach, GT doesn't even offer that.

Back