Jaybo at Ga Southern

You're 100% wrong. I have friends currently teaching high school in GA with Tech degrees.

They still had to go take the GACE and become certified to teach. The GT degree doesn't bypass those things.

You can teach with any degree but you still have to jump thru the states hoops and take the necessary certifications and you're going into teaching then blind without any student teaching practice while on a provisionary certificate.

It's the GA TAPP Program

Have friends down there. Alumni really looking forward to the future with Monken. There were a bunch of disgruntled players that didn't want to run the TO. Monken told them to either show up to practice or don't show up at all. Doesn't bother him one way or the other. He only has about 6 returning starters. A rebuilding program if I ever saw one.

Wow...

I am gonna take a moment to thank the good Lord for how fortunate we were when PJ came in.

All 4 of the players who got drafted last year, and several of the critical players on the current team could have bolted as easily, and had no trouble finding spots somewhere else, in a more traditional offense.

They still had to go take the GACE and become certified to teach. The GT degree doesn't bypass those things.

You can teach with any degree but you still have to jump thru the states hoops and take the necessary certifications and you're going into teaching then blind without any student teaching practice while on a provisionary certificate.

It's the GA TAPP Program

I think that actually makes a lot of sense though. Good teachers have a lot more skills than simply understanding the material well. Yes, thats important, but I would say that makes only half of a good teacher, at best.

Especially at the high school level, a larger factor is motivating kids who, for the most part, aren't really interested (and are extremely immature) but are just forced to be there.

At least in college, the kids who aren't interested will simply not show up, or if they do, will surf the internet on their laptops throughout class.

Actually, I probably shouldn't have put that one in there. It was more about the people who automatically said he wasn't coming here.

Especially the Rivals guy.

I have a co-worker who is friends with his family. He went back and forth a couple of times before he made his final decision.

It's the GA TAPP Program

Yes they have to pass the GACE. Gtcu's assertion was that they would have to go somewhere else to get an education degree which is false.

There are still lots of hoops for teachers to go through that do not come through a certified education program. The Ga dept of Edu, does not tell them the whole story until they get the job.

While Tech does not have their own teaching program, they do have a dual degree program set up with Georgia State for those interested.

Back