Jerry Howard

GTRules

You’re Mamma
And you wonder why I dont get on often!!

Thought Howard looked pretty good tonight by the way!!

12!!
If you've been here that long, you wouldn't have to post regularly to know that we treat each other like crap. Even the ones we like.

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched Howard last night. He runs hard and even with a little bit of blocking he gets positive yardage. He made a third down run for short yardage to get a first down where he literally willed his way through 4 or 5 tacklers to get the yardage needed. Would not be denied. He looked a bit like Dedrick Mills on that one. He also broke through the line and almost broke one despite limited blocking. I think he will play a lot more this year. If he and Benson can put aside any prima donna attitudes and share the position and the glory, we should have a very productive B Back scenario in 2018.

Go Jackets!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I watched Howard last night. He runs hard and even with a little bit of blocking he gets positive yardage. He made a third down run for short yardage to get a first down where he literally willed his way through 4 or 5 tacklers to get the yardage needed. Would not be denied. He looked a bit like Dedrick Mills on that one. He also broke through the line and almost broke one despite limited blocking. I think he will play a lot more this year. If he and Benson can put aside any prima donna attitudes and share the position and the glory, we should have a very productive B Back scenario in 2018.

Go Jackets!
Not that I think he will get a bunch of playing time, but it is interesting that Macrina changed from LB to BB. Big BB at 236. Not particularly quick, but worked hard last night and got a lot of 2nd half carries. Got blown up on just one of them that he didn't hit the LOS hard, but he had a couple of runs that took a few defenders to bring him down.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Not that I think he will get a bunch of playing time, but it is interesting that Macrina changed from LB to BB. Big BB at 236. Not particularly quick, but worked hard last night and got a lot of 2nd half carries. Got blown up on just one of them that he didn't hit the LOS hard, but he had a couple of runs that took a few defenders to bring him down.
I think he also had the one fumble of the night.

stingmeyall

Flats Noob

Go Jackets!
IMO should never have gotten buried by PJ for a few freshman mistakes. I saw Benson many times tiring out last year and could have used Jerry to spell him but old stubborn PJ wouldn't have any of that! SMH! He's going to be very good if he doesn't get frustrated!

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
There were several fumbles early on
I wonder if the ACCDN will carry a replay, even though there was no broadcast. I usually watch these things over afterwards because clearly my memory is ööööe.

GTRules

You’re Mamma

Go Jackets!
So now we have two “Jerry The Jackets?”

Seeet.

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah Marcina could play in a pinch and actually might be pretty good if could ever get enough reps. He is just too far down the depth chart right now. Brant Mitchell hit him right in the face twice and I was surprised Marcina was able to get up. Mitchell was laying the wood last night. I think this defense allows him to display his skillset more.

Go Jackets!