Jimmy Dixon

Beeware calling other posters who don't agree idiots.....interesting.

Nice attitude. I haven't read one positive post from you. You need to really get over this O'Leary thing. I was/am huge O'Leary supporter, but he left. Get over it and try and enjoy this team and season.

drinking.gif

I agree with TeamBuzz. A Ramblin Reck from Georgia Tech does not need to make his points by denigrating the other "person." Just deal with the issues, not the people. You can be very passionate, but it should not spill over into name calling.

Originally posted by TeamBuzz:
Beeware calling other posters who don't agree idiots.....interesting.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">T-buzz,
You are factually in error....I asked j-guy if he was an idiot....I didn't call him an idiot.
Besides, j-guy was just having some fun and I thought I would oblige him.
T-buzz, try not to take yourself so seriously and try to improve your reading comprehension.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Beeware is right.. I was having a little fun today... my apologies for that...

Beeware makes good points... not sure why Dixon hasnt touched the ball, but I am sure there is a good reason for it... gotta trust the coaches !!

I felt the same way last year... didnt know why we had gotten so "one back" dimensional when there seemed to be a plethera of talent on the bench... but I am sure there was a good reason for that too...

I am just glad to see Dixon on the field... and hope the move to Fullback proves to be not only good for the team, but good for him as well...

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Beeware is right.. I was having a little fun today... my apologies for that...

Beeware makes good points... not sure why Dixon hasnt touched the ball, but I am sure there is a good reason for it... gotta trust the coaches !!

I felt the same way last year... didnt know why we had gotten so "one back" dimensional when there seemed to be a plethera of talent on the bench... but I am sure there was a good reason for that too...

I am just glad to see Dixon on the field... and hope the move to Fullback proves to be not only good for the team, but good for him as well...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">j-guy,
No need to apologize for having a little fun on here. Only the anally-retentive ones didn't get it....well....unfortunately that is QUITE a few...on here....but, fortunately not as many as on the hive.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Beeware makes a point with Wilder that he did not carry to protect his knees.

Is it possible that we will limit the use of the Fullback as a runner until we are sure Jackson and Johnson are healthy?

If they are still hobbled and we lose Dixon we will probably have to put Camp back in.

GTCrew, I tend to agree with your post. We will know more about a lot of decisions that were made in the first two games after we see the decisions unfold in the Clemson game.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

GTcrew,
That is a good point and probably the reason he didn't get the ball 15 or 20 times....but it doesn't explain why he started two games at a new position and didn't get to carry the ball a single time.
Apparently we were more interested in getting the games over with in a hurry than to use the valuable time to get some of our players needed experience in real game type situations.
A waste, really.

Originally posted by GTCrew:
Beeware makes a point with Wilder that he did not carry to protect his knees.

Is it possible that we will limit the use of the Fullback as a runner until we are sure Jackson and Johnson are healthy?

If they are still hobbled and we lose Dixon we will probably have to put Camp back in.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good Point !! I agree with Ahso... I think we will learn alot this weekend...

Maybe the reason Jimmy doesn't get carries is Jimmy can't hold on to the ball when he gets hit....at least that was O'Leary's reason for not playing him the last two years

Never saw any signs of Jimmy fumbling in practice all the times I went preseason.

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Calbear,

I thought your question was a good one. It's great you're following Jimmy since both of you came from the same HS.

I'm sorry you'd ask a serious question and this thread would turn into a name calling bashing contest. We have someone on the board that turns everything pretty much into nothing but negativity towards our coaching staff and personal flames. It's really sad. I'm sorry you came here with a serious question about Jimmy and had to witness this.

I think we'll see great things out of Jimmy Dixon.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's OK, there was still some useful information sprinkled throughout. The bulletin board I frequent has plenty of heated dialogue as well. Thanks for the insight everyone, I'll keep watching GT this season to see what develops.

Incidentally, is there a TV schedule somewhere listing the GT games that are going to be televised?

-chris

Back