JJ Green

No, not fair. We traded a cardboard cutout of a horse for a thoroughbred.
I like Douglas who is good at running over people in the fourth quarter, but no, I'd rather have Green. I haven't seen the game yet--why did he get so few carries? BTW congrats on the win.

I like Douglas who is good at running over people in the fourth quarter, but no, I'd rather have Green. I haven't seen the game yet--why did he get so few carries? BTW congrats on the win.

Only 5 carries total for A-backs today. Only 44 rushes total which is also low. Just a weird game.

Only 5 carries total for A-backs today. Only 44 rushes total which is also low. Just a weird game.
Definitely going to watch it. Not the game I expected--I figured there would be more points. But year after year we all forget Game One is an outlier. Offenses aren't anywhere close to humming, and I think it's particularly true of Johnson's offense. Great sign for the defense, of course, but again Game One is going to be an outlier.

If you re-watch the game, be sure not to miss Green's punt return. I didn't realize he was on the list for returning punts. He also made a pretty stout block on somebody - the announcers picked up on it.

Definitely going to watch it. Not the game I expected--I figured there would be more points. But year after year we all forget Game One is an outlier. Offenses aren't anywhere close to humming, and I think it's particularly true of Johnson's offense. Great sign for the defense, of course, but again Game One is going to be an outlier.
BCs top rated D may have had something to do with it.

and he had the key block at the end that allowed Mills to score the winning TD.
Dude that was a sh*ty block. Go back and watch the film. He goes to the ground instead of the defender. As a matter of fact, the guy he is supposed to block is the guy that Mills was met by at the 2. A good block and he (Mills) walks in untouched.

That said, he has good speed and looks like a good KR. Maybe he can learn the A back role and really help us.

Dude that was a sh*ty block. Go back and watch the film. He goes to the ground instead of the defender. As a matter of fact, the guy he is supposed to block is the guy that Mills was met by at the 2. A good block and he (Mills) walks in untouched.

That said, he has good speed and looks like a good KR. Maybe he can learn the A back role and really help us.
The defenders path was altered by Green on the play. He didn't push him through the back of the end zone but the job was done.

He is definitely green in that aspect though.

He was an avid and active blocker. Didn't land every block, but always knew his assignment and landed good contact on the cut at minimum. For that reason alone I expect him to play a lot.

He was an avid and active blocker. Didn't land every block, but always knew his assignment and landed good contact on the cut at minimum. For that reason alone I expect him to play a lot.

Exactly. He opened the lane for the TD with his block, even though he didn't pancake the guy or cut his legs out from under him.

Some people here seem to think that when you go to block someone they will stand still for you.

Definition of "block" as a verb.
VERB

1. Make the movement or flow in (a passage, etc.) difficult or impossible.

By definition JJ blocked well.

I think I recall a couple of times he got beat. But even in those he knew who to block.

BCs top rated D may have had something to do with it.
I get that, and knew BC had a legit defense. I was really asking about how few carries he had--though I guess it's a function of 1) playing and using lots of backs in the Johnson option, and 2) Tech having fewer long drives and thus fewer opportunities for carries. I still think Green will have some big plays as the season plays out.

I get that, and knew BC had a legit defense. I was really asking about how few carries he had--though I guess it's a function of 1) playing and using lots of backs in the Johnson option, and 2) Tech having fewer long drives and thus fewer opportunities for carries. I still think Green will have some big plays as the season plays out.
Agree, all he has to do is stay healthy.

I think he'll be good for us, but there was one play late in the game. He was supposed to shift off the end and come open behind the DL for a pass. Had he done so, he would've been wide open. He didn't and JT threw it to Mills on the side... Incomplete. JT went up to him and corrected him following the play.

That's the only mistake of his I remember, but had he got where he was supposed to be, it would've been a big gain.

We'll see what the abacks can do on a dry field. They could cut for crap on that field because of the rain.

I would expect JJ to get a lot of special teams yardage this week.

Back