Joe Burns showing much GT love lately

You would think Shaq Mason or Derrick Morgan, or Attaochu, or Gotsis, or even Roddy or Synjyn would be big boosters. But you don't hear much, if anything, from them.

yeah I mean, given that they loved the coach, why not come back and support the program? CPJ helped give 'em a free ride and a diploma as well as a shot at the NFL - the least they could do is walk out their on homecoming and wave or something. or tweet something positive for HS kids to read.

This is not a CPJ attack. Get that out of the way.

I’ve detected that there was a big divide between pre-CPJ players and CPJ era players. It’s like a lot of the old guys were silent while he was here. I’ve spoken to one former players parents who basically said that there was no level of connection between former players and the CPJ staff. I got the feeling that they did not feel welcome.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It seems to be the case with old players coming out of the woodwork to reconnect through stuff like this post.

Hiring a bunch of their teammates certainly helps. I can't shed any light, but it seems like the new coaching staff is much more player friendly in general, and that extends to former players. When you've got Tashard Choice, Marco Coleman, Brent Key, and Nate Burton on staff now you've got a lot of years covered. Those guys seem pretty outgoing as well.

I'm not sure how I missed that Marco Coleman is now on staff, but that is a pretty cool hire. I hope it works out, but it sure gives us some pretty good street cred when with the recruits - 15 year NFL vet, national championship in college, became the managing partner at a finance firm and then came back to football.

yeah I mean, given that they loved the coach, why not come back and support the program? CPJ helped give 'em a free ride and a diploma as well as a shot at the NFL - the least they could do is walk out their on homecoming and wave or something. or tweet something positive for HS kids to read.

Laskey was on the field leading the THWG chant last season.

You would think Shaq Mason or Derrick Morgan, or Attaochu, or Gotsis, or even Roddy or Synjyn would be big boosters. But you don't hear much, if anything, from them.
These guys all have lives and jobs and families and are doing the millions of things we're all doing all the time. I've only got time for ST because I've abandoned my job and family to give you guys 100% of my love and energy.

These guys all have lives and jobs and families and are doing the millions of things we're all doing all the time. I've only got time for ST because I've abandoned my job and family to give you guys 100% of my love and energy.

And for that, we salute you.

So we regular fans who showed up, win or lose, should care about fair weather fans?

I’m glad they like GT again, but can’t help but wonder why I should care about this. Possible exception being their influence on high schoolers.

Because of their influence on high schoolers.

This is not a CPJ attack. Get that out of the way.

I’ve detected that there was a big divide between pre-CPJ players and CPJ era players. It’s like a lot of the old guys were silent while he was here. I’ve spoken to one former players parents who basically said that there was no level of connection between former players and the CPJ staff. I got the feeling that they did not feel welcome.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It seems to be the case with old players coming out of the woodwork to reconnect through stuff like this post.
I am a CPJ fan.

I have also noticed this on social media. I won't name names but, yes. Not sure why there was a disconnect. Former stars said they didn't feel welcome....

It seems like some need their ego stroked a little. CGC will definitely be better about that.

CPJ was old school. Didn’t care much for that stuff.

Edit: nvm said I was going to stay out of it. Suffice to say that it wasn't a matter of stroking egos.

Back