Juanyeh gone…

It's striking that the thread discussing a halfway decent safety is more at the top than the one discussing the generational talent.

It is because everyone agrees that a Gibbs was a talented running back/ST player. Not everyone agrees that the 4 year starter, All ACC honored safety was a talented player.

The thread with the arguments gets more posts.

It is because everyone agrees that a Gibbs was a talented running back/ST player. Not everyone agrees that the 4 year starter, All ACC honored safety was a talented player.

There are a couple names in the secondary that pissed me off but Juanyeh wasn't one of them

Being a bit disingenuous to call an honorable mention player "All ACC".

That means he's top 4 or 5 at his position out of 14 and, bluntly, him getting honorable mention had as much to do with him being a 4 year starter as it did with his play which, btw, was bad enough to get his position coach fired.

FEI favors 3O teams that burn clock and limit the game to fewer overall possessions and fewer overall plays

This is not at all how it works. It's basically drive efficiency adjusted for strength of schedule. If scoring on a higher % of your drives and stopping opponents from scoring on a higher % of their drives is a feature of the 3O then those teams would win more.

Being a bit disingenuous to call an honorable mention player "All ACC".

That means he's top 4 or 5 at his position out of 14 and, bluntly, him getting honorable mention had as much to do with him being a 4 year starter as it did with his play which, btw, was bad enough to get his position coach fired.

I’m not sure how being getting honorable metion for the All ACC team isn’t being honored as All ACC.

Honorable mention at safety puts him around top 6 out of 28 starting safeties. Since he arrived in 2018 he has been one of our top safeties.

I’m not sure how being getting honorable metion for the All ACC team isn’t being honored as All ACC.

Honorable mention at safety puts him around top 6 out of 28 starting safeties. Since he arrived in 2018 he has been one of our top safeties.

Same difference as winning a football game vs being an honorable mention. He didn't make all acc if he's an honorable mention.

Same difference as winning a football game vs being an honorable mention. He didn't make all acc if he's an honorable mention.

Not a good analogy. Science fair would be a better example. First place, second place, honorable mention, everything else. If you get honorable mention, you are being honored. The people who determine the All ACC team literally honored him as being a cut above everyone else not on the team. Being on the team would be better, but honorable mention is better than no mention.

1) honorable mention means he didn't make the All ACC team(s: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd).
2) There's 2 safeties on each of the All ACC teams, then there's 9 honorable mentions. 6+9=15
28 starting safeties in the league means he's top 47th percentile. Great.

Further, Pitt had 12 selections on 1st/2nd/3rd teams (leading the ACC). We had 4, 3 of which were Gibbs, so in a way we only had 2 which would be worst in the ACC.

1) honorable mention means he didn't make the All ACC team(s: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd).
2) There's 2 safeties on each of the All ACC teams, then there's 9 honorable mentions. 6+9=15
28 starting safeties in the league means he's top 47th percentile. Great.

I thought there were only two teams, so ok, he’s top half.

Honorable mention, though, means just that. They were taking time to honor him. Honorable mention isn’t a bad thing.

I thought there were only two teams, so ok, he’s top half.

Honorable mention, though, means just that. They were taking time to honor him. Honorable mention isn’t a bad thing.
We also had Brooks, Jackson, and C. Thomas get similar recognition. That's all-conference talent at each level of the defense.

It's staggering just how bad our defense was this year when taken in that context.

Yep. Looking back I think Woody was probably a good DC who was hamstrung by our overall talent level (not including Juanyeh). Curious how he's been doing since...
Yeah, I was looking forward to see what he would field with CPJ but sour puss went and retired

Not a good analogy. Science fair would be a better example. First place, second place, honorable mention, everything else. If you get honorable mention, you are being honored. The people who determine the All ACC team literally honored him as being a cut above everyone else not on the team. Being on the team would be better, but honorable mention is better than no mention.
I was being snarky. As in, we were an honorable mention in all but 2 of our losses.

Honorable Mention isn't all ACC.

It simply means that he got votes to be on the All-ACC Teams

All-ACC has 3 Teams, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Honorable mention means you got some votes for All-ACC , but didn't make the cut.

Juanyeh wasn't an All-ACC player

Back