Juanyeh gone…

This is not at all how it works. It's basically drive efficiency adjusted for strength of schedule. If scoring on a higher % of your drives and stopping opponents from scoring on a higher % of their drives is a feature of the 3O then those teams would win more.
Don't 3O Teams have far fewer drives than normal CFB Teams, so less chances for errors?

I'm not sure what proof could ever justify saying that we should withhold food from GT players as punishment for playing poorly or calling them names.

There's a difference between criticizing players (which I said most do, including me) and purposely being a dick towards them in a public forum, which is what most people take issue with, and what PMC seems to do all too often.
After the ND Game, I never said withhold food, I did say instead of taking them to a fancy restaurant, stop by a QT and let them eat something off of the Roller Grill instead of taking them to a fancy restaurant like they do when they go out of town.

I said it because the Team seemed to be too comfortable with losing, and they need to understand that everything is earned , including those fancy meals they take for granted.

Plus the comment was said in anger and somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

You have to admit, they didn't deserve some Fogo-de-Chao level dining after that ND Game.

I'm not sure if you're looking for a real answer or not, but it's because you get super personal.

Most on here would agree that players can be criticized, and actually, most do criticize the players. But there's a huge difference between criticizing the path a safety takes to the ball and casually calling our players idiots or saying that food should be withheld from them as a punishment, both of which you have done. Saying such punitive stuff like that about Tech student athletes is really going to sour people on you.

Similarly, when a player announces he is transferring, it's fine to say "Sad that it didn't work out but we'll survive" or "Wish he had lived up to his potential here, good luck to him" or even "Not a huge loss given how bad we are anyway". But it is not the time to immediately go into details about why you think he sucked, or call him lazy, or say things like "He played with poor discipline, he played as if he never studied Film a day in his life, he was constantly caught looking at the wrong Keys, making the wrong reads, etc."

It's just not something you do to someone who played for you, especially not an unpaid student athlete.

Obviously it's a free country and we are a board with very lax rules about what you can say, but if you're wondering why you get these types of reactions, that's why. (By the way, you often get personal in discussions with other posters too, which again is why you get bad reactions focused more on attacking you rather than the substance of your posts.)
The truth, is that what I have posted is downright tame compared to the things that have been posted about Sims and the "open season" that has been placed on him since he became the starting QB.

Simply make a list of what positions are fair game for open season and which positions are protected and I will be happy to adjust my postings accordingly.

So far it seems like OLine and Safety are two of the protected positions so far where criticism has to be filtered & measured.

Don't 3O Teams have far fewer drives than normal CFB Teams, so less chances for errors?
If you "make an error" on 10% of your drives, then reducing drives will only increase variance, it will not reduce your chance of errors.

More drives = less variance
Less drives = more variance

A team that scores a td in 44% of its drives is better than a team that scores in 22% of its drives regardless of if one of those teams averages 10 or 14 drives. Reducing the number of drives just makes any lucky/unlucky instances more impactful to the game.

The truth, is that what I have posted is downright tame compared to the things that have been posted about Sims and the "open season" that has been placed on him since he became the starting QB.

Simply make a list of what positions are fair game for open season and which positions are protected and I will be happy to adjust my postings accordingly.

So far it seems like OLine and Safety are two of the protected positions so far where criticism has to be filtered & measured.
  1. FU
  2. EABOD
  3. DIAF
Hope that helps!

JRjr

Writing on the wall based on his and his moms Twitter accounts…will we be able to field a team after the CGC debacle?
I enjoyed watching young Mr. Thomas play at Tech. He made several great plays and showed a great deal of promise, at times. When interviewed, he often was upbeat and very personable. Good luck to Juanyeh Thomas with his future endeavors!

GO JACKETS!

Juanyeh excited me when the ball was in his hands - interception, fumble, or kick returns. I thought he was OK coming up to make a tackle. I thought his cover skills were always lacking for play at this level. I never understood why they did not give him a try at WR. He was very skilled with the ball.

Best of luck to him. He made some great plays for us. Returned kicks for TDs, and pick 6z Game winning INT this year and heroic effort vs Miami to run that 2 pt play back. Hope he can find his way into a roster. NFL teams are always looking for DBs and ST players, so I like his odds

Last edited:
Probably the right call to take his shot now. Getting a year older probably wouldn't help his chances. Good luck to him. Solid career.

A lot of respect for Juanyeh. Good guy, was a warrior who never quit, made a lot of big plays for us. Look forward to seeing him in the NFL

Back