JUCO QB's..........WE NEED ONE

law_bee

Dodd-Like
JUCO QB\'s..........WE NEED ONE

bad. No way we are better than .500 in the acc with our current qb.

I dont care if we run only 3 plays we would be better off w/ 2nd string qb.

I WANT ONE person to tell me if D'Bo had played the whole game we would have had less than 20 pts.

D fantastic as usual

Re: JUCO QB\'s..........WE NEED ONE

none of us know do we?

the coaches see them 12 hours per week in practice and several hours per week in the film room.

who would have know that Hollings would have been such a great TB? We, the alums & fans, were all worried about that position prior to the year.

Originally posted by law_bee:

I WANT ONE person to tell me if D'Bo had played the whole game we would have had less than 20 pts.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If dBo had played the whole game we would have had less than 20 pts.

Law, the coaches see these guys every day. Do you seriously think they are intentionally giving the playing time to a QB they think is inferior? The fact is that our QBs are not very good! Isn't that as obvious as it can possibly be?

Well hiver, the coaches sure as heck didn't know about TH! Vegas would give big time odds on us scoring more than 20 with DB. I mean geesh your sticking up for 17 is ok, but 0 in 2nd half vs. MD,VA,fsu,& DUKE!?

What will your position be when/if DB finally takes over and excells? Something like well he just wasn't ready before. Yeah unhuh. Give DB full attention with 1st string in practice and then play him thru thick & thin in 3-4 consecutive games and then you have a QB with skills we seldom see on The Flats. We could/should already be there. THWG

IMO, with a qb mediocre at best, we will win nothing, this yr or next! WHY ARE WE NOT RECRUITING QB'S?? Oh, I forgot, we can beat mediocre to bad teams.

It's almost like the rest of the team is having to make up for qb play - and wr's aren't exactly helping him out a lot!

If CG is pleased, happy, or content with qb and is willing to go another yr. like this, I question his judgment. If not, go out and get another one or develop DB(why can he not grasp O but can pass academics?)
mad.gif

Originally posted by bizzybee:
WHY ARE WE NOT RECRUITING QB'S??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GT should be QBU

Who says we aren't recruiting QBs? Check the recruiting boards to see who we are after.

I don't know what we would have done with DeBo in the game today. Neither do any of you. But do you honestly think the coaches wouldn't be playing him if they thought he was better?

Someone mentioned the coaches not knowing about TH. Yes they did! They moved him from DB to RB and started him. They didn't know he would lead the nation in rushing but they knew he was a RB if he could hold onto the ball.

Finally, when will you guys understand that academics and football don't have anything to do with each other. How else can you explain the idiots playing for some SEC teams who are great football players but had/have no chance of staying in school at a place like Tech.

I agrfee 1000% that we could use a JUCO QB in here. I disagree 1000% that a whole game of Bilbo gets us more points, unfortunately.

DB has only run plays out of *2* formations the entire year. I don't buy this "the coaches are holding him back" stuff. I think they want to win, and if he was able to execute out of more than 2 formations, he'd be in there more.

You want to play with only 4 plays? Go check out South Carolina - they've been reeeeaaalll successful on "O" with their super-limited playbook late in the year.

I think the unfortunate truth is we've got a job ready to be taken, and there is no one to take it. Bowl and Spring should help DB. I sure hope he gets ready.

nc, I said it because it's true. TH went to the coaches...not the other way around. Let me ask you...did you see the plays DB was in on today? Honestly now, could you not tell the obvious difference in his abilities vs AJ? THWG

GoldZ

Tony went to the coaches on the new staff before they had seen anyone take a single snap.

He started off extremely slow...and fumbled the ball a ludicrous amount of times...but the staff saw the talent there and stuck with him until he ironed it out...and he ironed it out IN PRACTICE.

I think our last staff...and our current one does a fine job of evaluating talent...and they have plenty of experience to back that up.

Do I believe that the coaches would intentionally put in players that would lose us the game? No I don't

However, do I believe that the coaches are stubborn and perhaps chose a player who has not lived up to his hype? Yes I do.

AJ hasn't done anything to suggest that he deserves all the snaps. Perhaps the most telling sign is that he is the worst rated QB in the ACC with two benched QBs ahead of him.

GTPilot, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gailey has cleary circled the wagons when it comes to AJ. That was shown on his call-in show when he nearly went "Donnan" on the first caller who was questioning AJ's abilities. The caller was a little too pushy but did make a legitimate point. There is no way AJ is going to lead us to the ACC title or beat UGA. Gailey has been much more patient when other caller ask stupid or nitpicky questions. The 17 points Tech scored against Duke was the fewest scored against the Blue Devils in a conference came since 1999. It makes you wander how we are going to score against a much better UGA defense.

GoldZ, never said Bilbo didn't have more athletic ability. What does that mean? Slash has way more athletic ability than Miller but which would you play if you were Cowher. Not saying AJ is Miller, I'm not particularly impressed with him most of the time, but I also have seen worse, like S Carolina. I really don't understand why everyone on this board is so convinced that if we just played Bilbo all our problems would go away. Do you REALLY think the coaches want to lose? BTW how would playing Bilbo fix our dropped ball problem? To me that's more of an issue. It's not like AJ is going to light it up, but when our receivers can't catch the damn ball it certainly doesn't help.

All I know is that I have seen a good number of Head Coaches bite the dust because they "hard-headedly" stuck to their guns in playing a quarterback that was not producing. If a coach thinks he has such a luxery, maybe he knows much more that I do. Of course he does. One of the most dastardly characteristics of a Head Coach is Hard-headedeness over QB. Go ahead, do what you will, cut your own throat....I refuse to bleed. The first indication of such as coaching situation that I personally recall was (If I remember correctly) Bud Carson; and there have been a string after him.........just my uneducated, humble opinion....

This has nothing to do with the Duke game, so I can respond on this issue.

Why do we need to recruit more quarterbacks? Did we not have three quarterbacks brought in with Bilbo that were all world in their States and very highly rated around the country?

Did we not already have Logan, Camp, and Hall that were all world in their States?

Do we need to recruit some more quarterbacks for fullback, linebackers, defensive backs, and wide receivers.

It is completely obvious to me, we had a world of talent at the quarterback position, yet we have continued to go with a quarterback that ranks lowest in about every offensive category in the ACC.

It is obvious, he has slow reactions and is not consistently accurate on his passes. He also folds under pressure. All of this is mere observaion and seems to be apparent to most of the posters. It may even be obvious to some who do not want to say anything negative at this time.

I do not want all the hard working athletes on the team to suffer for one player and one coach. It is absolutely unfair and there is no way to justify it. Pure and simple, it is dishonest to the remainder of the team.

Since we have qualified quarterbacks on the team that most likely could do better in games (who cares about practice, and if it is only Bilbo, put in Camp or another candidate.

To those of you who have hope, great, but don't count on Gailey to make a change for next year at QB. He could have already done that.

If Suggs sickness kept him out of practice till Thursday, Bilbo and Camp got most of the reps and did not start on Saturday against an inferior Duke, that should be message enough to any that will open their eyes.

It is up to Gailey to make bottom line decisions. Even if O'Brien insists on keeping Suggs at QB, Gailey holds the trump card and is ultimately responsible.

Do not be naive, Gailey "will" keep Suggs as the number one QB next year. It is obvious and is just a tad less than written in cement. I do not like to see a player get hurt, and do not want Suggs to get hurt, but he will be the number one quarterback for the rest of his tenure at Tech as long as he is healthy.

Gailey has spoken and I have heard him loud and clear.

frown.gif

Abhoisee,

Wrong the QB position will be wide open in practice this spring. If Bilbo beats him out he will play and not Suggs. I have been to a number of practices. The problem with Bilbo at this point if for every great play he makes in practice he make two really bad ones. When it starts to click for him and it will click for him at some point (hopefully in the Spring) he will beat Suggs out because he is simply more talented than Suggs. Gailey is a football coach and does not play favorites..he will start whom ever he thinks give GT the best chance to win..it is as simple as that despite the elaborant theories posters weave on this message board to the contrary

It's the coaches JOB to make something out of the recruits. Their BS about them just not being ready is just that - BS. I agree with the aforementioned sentiment that Chan has a bug up his butt about AJ. It's time coach. We won't hate ya.

Why do we need to recruit more quarterbacks? Did we not have three quarterbacks brought in with Bilbo that were all world in their States and very highly rated around the country?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">\

Right on ahso. I thought we were really solid at QB with all those TOP National candidates. This bit that we have nothing shocks me, espeically that this is the best we can put on the field. Something is serious wrong, starting with Hall leaving.

JUCO Q-B you say? How 'bout Geary Davenport of College of Marin. He only threw for 781 and 9 TDs yesterday.

In all seriousness though, this is a good recruiting option if you can find someone who can make the grades--Seneca Wallace, Josh Heupel, (Brad Banks?) to name a couple. Maybe CG can use the trip to Athens as a recruiting visit for Shockley.

I think CG is a pretty conservative coach and he knows what he's getting with AJ, but with DB, you could have won the game by 30 or more, or you could have lost the game and CG isn't going to take that chance. He'll open up the competition in the spring and play DB if he's the best.

There aren't many QBs who can come in and play consistently well in their frosh year, so i wouldn't worry too much at this point. Look at OU. They have the best coaches in the country and they are sticking with lackluster Hybl even though there is more talent, albeit young and unproven, on the bench. If CG trots AJ on the field next year with similar results, then I would start worrying but not until then.

I know this is the wrong venue for this question, but has anyone heard what happened to Reggie Brown? Maybe i had too many beers yesterday, but i didn't notice him in the game on a single play yesterday and it looked like Richt was playing freshmen receivers in front of him.

This is an interesting development in light of the recent injuries at that position and that some coaches were privately declaring RB to be the best receiver on the team at the beginning of the year.

Yo lawbee, toldya Bama was a lock.

KINGSBURY FOR HEISMAN!!!

Back