Just Curious

GTYELLOWJACKET

Varsity Lurker
What credentials do you constant complainers have to demonstrate that you are the know all and end all for what is best for GT football?

Have you coached a college team to a national championship or a bowl game? Have you coached an NFL team to the playoffs? Have you been a head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator in the NFL? Have you recruited division 1 players?

It doesn't take much skill to complain. Why should we think that your comments are worth the time to read?

Some of you sound like bitter old men or teen age girls on pms. Don't you get tired or p'ing in the corn flakes?
wtf.gif

Look, bud, we've watched LOTS of football on TV and many of us played football in HS. We know exactly what needs to happen how and when to set this ship back on course and if Braine won't pay any attention to us, well, that just makes him another dog fan too. Who are you to say we have no right? I pay my cable bill every month and by gawd, I got every right to complain when the AD refuses to listen to reason. Imagine, the very thought of not hiring the man who has won 100% of the games he was a head coach in! Geez!!!! I need another beer....
drinking.gif

Oh, yeah, FWIW I AM a bitter old man...

i have a right to complain, i contribute to the AT FUND,also any moron could see WE WERE TOTALLY EMBARRASSED.

Why pay the at fund big bucks, pay for tkts, and invest so much time and effort attending games to watch such a boring offense, inadequate preperation, emotionless, no adjustment team.

GTYELLOWJACKET, and who made you the god of the board to determine the eligible posters with credentials for giving their opinions.

I would imagine there are a diverse group of posters with different degrees of knowledge in the sport of football. There may even be a few with more knowledge and wisdom than any of the coaches at many of the various colleges.

However, it matters little if there are no posters with any credentials, all members of the board have equal rights to give their opinions. Their opinions are just as credible as yours and vice versa.

I think BeeStorm and GTfan are the owners and administrators of this board and have the only rights to determine the amount and type of data posted on this board. If your authority is equal to their's, I will gladly cede my opinions to the guidelines you wish to impose on this board.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

good points, ahso....but let's just make sure we don't confuse 'valid' and 'credible', ok? ;-)

Dankè!

Well, I would ask you "rose colored glasses" types and Gailey/Braine supporters WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS for paying a million dollars and being happy with this type of performance? Who made you guys experts? Anytime anyone demands change you Hive types always question the intelligence or loyalty of the messenger. I think you would be quite surprised at the credentials of some of the folks I know who are upset at the situation. One need only hear the silence - which is defeaning - coming from GTAA. In other words, those who command the most respect - the Kim Kings and other alumni, I don't see making declarative statements of unqualified support. This doesn't seem to be a few malcontents, but rather a groundswell of people who love Georgia Tech and are sick of seeing a once fine program reach new lows - punting to run out the clock vs. Duke and getting absolutely blown out by our arch rival. I remember the days when we not wondered what what our coach said with his tail tucked between his legs, but when we watched Vince Dooley walk across the field after Billy Lothridge and gang kicked THEIR ass. I, for one, want my son to see that himself, not read about the old days in a media guide. I will not accept mediocrity nor go away.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
... a groundswell of people who love Georgia Tech and are sick of seeing a once fine program reach new lows - punting to run out the clock vs. Duke and getting absolutely blown out by our arch rival........ I, for one, want my son to see that himself, not read about the old days in a media guide. I will not accept mediocrity nor go away.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">AMEN

Fwiw, GOL is empirical proof that you don't have to play much football to be a successful coach. Almost all of us on this board have played at some level or other and have been students of the game for an extended period of time. What we don't know is what is going on behind the scenes;without that knowledge we cannot make a valid decision about CG. The only rational course of action, however distasteful it may be to some of you, is to give CG another year to show what he can do.

Selah.

drinking.gif

Very few of you attempted to answer my questions. I never said that people can't express their opinion. I asked what their expertise was to back up their opinion? Opinions are like a**holes because everyone has one. I also asked if it got old p'ing in the corn flakes.

Many fonts complain about recruiting. How does this nonstop moaning and groaning help recruiting? I would hope that a kid that is smart enough to go to GT could find this board. I would also expect him to be real excited when he is thinking about commiting and all he reads is this sucks, that sucks, fire everyone, it was a mistake to hire so and so.

You are shooting yourself in the foot only to reload so that you can shoot yourself in the other foot. Life is to short to spend every minute griping.

Remember the glass isn't half empty. It is twice as big as it needs to be.
grin.gif

Originally posted by Father WASP:
Well, I would ask you "rose colored glasses" types and Gailey/Braine supporters WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS for paying a million dollars and being happy with this type of performance? .
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just exactly who has said he is happy, Wasp? What I have seen here is a) a bunch of squealing from babies, and b) some fans trying to deal with what is possible and reasonable. NO ONE but visiting dawgs is happy with 51-7.

I invite you to move from a) to b).

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Father WASP:
Well, I would ask you "rose colored glasses" types and Gailey/Braine supporters WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS for paying a million dollars and being happy with this type of performance? .
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just exactly who has said he is happy, Wasp? What I have seen here is a) a bunch of squealing from babies, and b) some fans trying to deal with what is possible and reasonable. NO ONE but visiting dawgs is happy with 51-7.

I invite you to move from a) to b).
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Right on, Belly. This board has degenerated into a basher board over the last week. I can understand the frustration and disappointment. But it's time to move on.

Originally posted by techrod:
move on to what though!?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Move on to not crying and bellyaching about Chan and wanting the coaches blasted. Move on to recruiting. Move on to a possible bowl. Move on to the Xmas holidays. Move on to taking the wife and kids on a vacation. Anything...let's just stop the Chan-hate that dominates this board. This place is so depressing now. We lost a game. We lost it in a big way. It's happened before. It'll happen again. Life goes on.

That's what I mean by move on.

right on, Bugboy!!!

unfortunately, the savants who think CG should be fired (or should resign) over a 7-5,4-4 (gee....sound familiar?) season with a team that lost 96.8% of the '01 offense (1,807 of 1,977 rushing yds, 3,347 of 3,347 passing yds), lost 4 more RB's over the course, lost the top 2 TFL and sack guys (one to graduation, one to illness), and had an OL and LB squad that had nagging injuries all season.........well, those folks make it easy for the opponents who like to call Tech fans "geeks who know nothing about football!".....'cause they fit the description quite nicely (well.....except maybe they're not even geeks ;-)

Thanks Bugboy, I wasn't sure which move on with our minds or move on within the program. That being said my worry is that so much damage to the program has already been that the only thing is another direction of leadership. I think the damage done is in all the elements I have discussed in earlier posts of which I will not expound on for now. The damage that could be done is of division of fan support through decreasing money, attendance, and complacency. All which could completely undo everything good which has been done. Especially with the building program which comes about during a horrible economy. All this could hurt recruiting which I will expound on whether it be good or bad in my opinion. With aj at qb we are at a great disadvantage,because he is not a good passer, fast, leader,and lack focus. I believe an wholesale change should be taken by Braine or Clough. If things go on like as they did this past year things are going to get worse not better. I was all Chan at the beginning then things went down hill very fast. I then changed my opinion after the NC. State and Va. game. However things progressively got worse, so change again. If we do very well in the bowl, have what I consider a great recruiting class, and aj no longer starts why I reserve to change my mind again with great fervor!!! Thanks for all who read this and responses welcomedwith due respect.

Last year after O'Leary half-heartedly approached the Georgia game and we got spanked 31-17 - I moved on.

This year, after the worst defeat in Georgia Tech history, I am not moving on.

That in and of itself was simply the culmination of a complete collapse. Except for John Tenuta's defense, this team showed absolutely no improvement in the other phases of the game - clock management, catching the ball, turnover ratio, etc. You guys may move on and talk about recruiting but eventually you have to ask specific questions about competency. I would say if anyone is a "pseudo Yellow Jacket fan" or Bulldog in disguise it is those posting for business as usual. I, for one, fully would expect that we can hire a staff that does not have rings coached around it by Wake Forest, gives a game away vs. Clemson, gets blownout on national tv vs. Maryland, and cannot muster enough enthusiasm to even give a game to our arch-rival. I will move on when someone can explain how we go into the future so nonchalant about this performance. As for credentials, ask Nate Stimson for his, for he has stated much the same thing as we have, and privately other ex-Tech players are voicing the same.

Back