Just got off a flight to Miami

The folks with land live outside Miami, generally.

Not too shabby.

Miami_Acreage.PNG

You know what's funnier than Georgia fans who want to fire Richt? Miami fans who don't want to hire him. Though I expect that they're the same people who believe that bringing back Butch Davis would give them a national title within five years rather than the far more likely NCAA investigation.

Good grief, reading through the Miami board reminds me of why I hate that team and their fans. During a coaching search, most fan bases are talking about who can rebuild properly, represent the school well, get the team challenging for the conference crown and eventually competing at the national level.

Miami fans are convinced that a guy with the right attitude and/or sufficient ties to the U's time in the spotlight can and will have them dominating the college football landscape in short order. They actually believe that at any given moment, everything is in place with that program for the right coach to come in, maybe get a class or two of his own on the field and they'll be right back in what they believe is their rightful place as the perpetual #1 team in the nation.

Uh.. if that quote is accurate, that is incredible.

He feels the heat and wants the door open at Miami. If he can move there at a similar salary, it's a way of getting out of Athens without admitting defeat.

You know what's funnier than Georgia fans who want to fire Richt? Miami fans who don't want to hire him.

Richt would do well in Miami. He fits their system well - fake Christian who lies and cheats to climb the coaching rung by destroying the lives of vulnerable young men. Perfect fit for The U and the right kind of person to bring back their glory days.

Uh.. if that quote is accurate, that is incredible.
That quote is hard to believe. I imagine he would get in a lot of hot water with the Georgia administration I'd he actually said something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Miami is irrelevant.

The rest of college football caught up to Da U and they don't get it. No longer can they get off of a bus in fatigues and cause fear in their opponents. No longer can they just gather up South Florida talent and put them on the field and win. S/C programs around the country have seen to that. Miami is going to have to change their culture before they can ever be a top tier team again.

I was at the Peach Bowl when they absolutely got devastated by LSU (much worse than our LSU loss) and even started a fight (Da U style) in the tunnel and appeared to lost that as well.

That quote is hard to believe. I imagine he would get in a lot of hot water with the Georgia administration I'd he actually said something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

They were playing it on 680 the other day on my commute. He definitely said it during his press conference. Now, context is everything, and while that is what he said, when you heard the overall conversation it sounded like he was uninterested. BUT, he never said, "no, I would in no way move to Miami and take that job if offered."

miami fans still exist?

Last time I was in Hungary the place was littered with guys in Miami shirts. I assumed it was either a pro-city of Miami fad or someone dumped a bunch of shirts at a thrift mart that they couldn't sell in the US.

Back