Just to remind everyone about the best flyover of all time

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
There’s a video somewhere of I think a Navy game at RFK and it looks like the jets are level with the boxes because you can see the flame reflecting in the glass. I’ve looked for the video and can’t find it.
This was the one that came to mind but may not be it

I love the announcer getting washed out on the third view: “Let’s welcome MAJ *sound of freedom*”

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I read an article somewhere about the handful of people that were actually at both of them. well, on the outer fringes of town each time

They had to be thinking "not this s*** again" or however you say it in Japanese

edit to add: like this guy - https://www.history.com/news/the-man-who-survived-two-atomic-bombs
My family and I made a day trip to Hiroshima last year from Osaka. It's a beautiful, vibrant city again which is not how I had pictured it. Definitely a surreal feeling though being an American standing at the atomic bomb dome memorial, which was about 100 yards from ground zero but made of concrete so a good portion of the building still stands. Not too far away is the peace memorial and there were about a thousand school kids there listening to some speeches and dedicating some of the art they had contributed to the memorial.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ

I love the announcer getting washed out on the third view: “Let’s welcome MAJ *sound of freedom*”
That may be it. I remember seeing it and thinking the damned jet was lower than the highest stadium seats.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I read an article somewhere about the handful of people that were actually at both of them. well, on the outer fringes of town each time

They had to be thinking "not this s*** again" or however you say it in Japanese

edit to add: like this guy - https://www.history.com/news/the-man-who-survived-two-atomic-bombs
My family and I made a day trip to Hiroshima last year from Osaka. It's a beautiful, vibrant city again which is not how I had pictured it. Definitely a surreal feeling though being an American standing at the atomic bomb dome memorial, which was about 100 yards from ground zero but made of concrete so a good portion of the building still stands. Not too far away is the peace memorial and there were about a thousand school kids there listening to some speeches and dedicating some of the art they had contributed to the memorial.
Recently read John Hersey's classic New Yorker piece, Hiroshima. Highly recommended, a really excellent piece of writing. Very non-political, lots on insights into the event, the aftermath, and the amazing reactions of the Japanese at the time. A society so very very different from our own. Some even said, rationalizing the event, 'it's not so bad because it caused the Emperor to speak to us over the radio.'

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
There was a flyover at the Iowa - Ohio State game where the planes cleared the press box by just 16 feet. The lead pilot "[gave] up his right to fly military aircraft" and others were disciplined.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/ncf/id/6251927

I wonder what happened in the TCU-Navy case.

I think it was right for the pilots to lose their wings. If tearing a goal post down is too dangerous, well, low flyovers are about 10,000x moreso.

G776T

Not pastor material.
There was a flyover at the Iowa - Ohio State game where the planes cleared the press box by just 16 feet. The lead pilot "[gave] up his right to fly military aircraft" and others were disciplined.

I think it was right for the pilots to lose their wings. If tearing a goal post down is too dangerous, well, low flyovers are about 10,000x moreso.
Zulu would have had a heart attack

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker

I think this was part of his audition tape for the Blue Angels.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden

Ensure, not insure. Amateur hour at ESPN.

Jdm22

Varsity Lurker
This was without doubt more awesome, no doubt.

Without exaggeration one bit, we were in the upper North, and when they flew overhead, we could feel the wind against our faces from the jet exhaust. My neighbor with me said he actually thought it would blow his hat off.

The craziest I have seen on video was at the USNA ( vs TCU I think) and the jet appeared to be at least level with the stadium lights, if not below.
we were in upper north stands as well. My wife dropped her drink, and think the entire section couldn't hear for at least the first half. One of the best things I have ever witnessed. Hate it cost them so much in the long run for sure.

gobuzzgo

Varsity Lurker
That may be it. I remember seeing it and thinking the damned jet was lower than the highest stadium seats.
This was seriously, seriously, seriously low. NMCMS is not a tall stadium by any measure, and certainly not for an FBS school's stadium. What an incredible fly over! Just saw the BA last week at Commissioning Week, and this guy was as low as they got, and they were flying over the Severn River.

18in32

Petard Hoister
They were done flying for the Navy, though not done with the Navy, nor with flying. One flies for NASA, the other for Delta.

<disengage cyber-stalking>
Thank you for that research. Both of them seem to have had very interesting/accomplished careers after they stopped flying for the Navy. I conclude the fly-over was "totally worth it."

Or, as we say these days, thank you for your sacrifice.