Justin Thomas commits to GT

I'm just excited about the idea of a true game changer. It seems we've been lacking that the last two years.

7 wins and a loss to UGA was status quo except for 1 season under Gailey.

8 wins with a loss to UGA would have been an improvement, at the very least.

True, but still little celebration for a one win improvement.

I did not celebrate much the year we lost to UGA and Wake in the ACCC no matter how many wins we got.

Yeah, disregard the fact that we were playing BYU, Auburn, Notre Dame during the Gailey years as a 2nd OOC game to UGA and now we're playing Mid Tenn St, Kansas, Miss ST. But 8 is, in fact, > 7.

Yeah, disregard the fact that we were playing BYU, Auburn, Notre Dame during the Gailey years as a 2nd OOC game to UGA and now we're playing Mid Tenn St, Kansas, Miss ST. But 8 is, in fact, > 7.

We've also played MissSt and Vandy as OOC games, which are just about as good as the Gailey-era Auburn and BYU teams.

We've also played MissSt and Vandy as OOC games, which are just about as good as the Gailey-era Auburn and BYU teams.

Disagree. Auburn was a top-25 team both years and BYU was decent (at least that's the way I recall it). At worst, BYU was equal to Vandy/Miss St. The Vandy and Miss St teams that we've played were .500 (at best).

Disagree. Auburn was a top-25 team both years and BYU was decent (at least that's the way I recall it). At worst, BYU was equal to Vandy/Miss St. The Vandy and Miss St teams that we've played were .500 (at best).

MSU and Vandy were well below .500. GT played the SEC bottom dwellers. There's no cred in that.

Hell, one year (2003) we played BYU, Auburn, Vandy and UGA. Sure, that's equivalent to Mid Tenn St, UGA, Kansas and WCU

Gailey did have games against Samford and other cupcakes--just not every year. And Johnson has had a lot of people ducking him--at least, early on.
BYU, Vandy, Auburn, and UGA wasn't Gailey's typical OOC schedule.

Back