Justin Thomas commits to GT

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. It's unlikely, not impossible, that he'll win the starting qb job in the summer. However, I think that we'll still want him on the field.

Sure looks like he could be a play-maker in different roles, but I don't think it's realistic for him to learn and play as an Aback, while he is being groomed as a future QB. A true freshman will have his hands full learning one position, even if he redshirts.

Sure looks like he could be a play-maker in different roles, but I don't think it's realistic for him to learn and play as an Aback, while he is being groomed as a future QB. A true freshman will have his hands full learning one position, even if he redshirts.

I don't disagree. It will likely depend on what the kid wants to do. We have a record of getting true freshmen on the field at A-Back. Starting as a true freshman at QB is doubtful. Learning the QB job in the following spring and summer might be doable. Of course, if he wants to RS and focus on QB like Vad did this year, I wouldn't be surprised either.

I see no reason to move him to A back unless someone comes along after him who's even better, honestly. On film, this guy looks like the best recruit we've ever had, and possibly the best Paul Johnson has ever had, to run this offense.

Presume Vad is the Shiznit. Vad starts next year, this guy redshirts. We probably keep him at QB all four years following, with him starting at least one year, two years if Vad leaves early, three plus if Vad gets injured.

Presume Vad isn't the Shiznit, or his twitter becomes self aware and eats him in his sleep or something, then we have Thomas immediately. I can't imagine why we'd want to move this guy to another position unless we were light at that other position.

Plus, Tevin still has another off season to improve his game, and to provide leadership to the young guys as they come up in the system.

I

Presume Vad isn't the Shiznit, or his twitter becomes self aware and eats him in his sleep or something,

:bowrofl:

I've never seen a player talked about like Vad. He's been a fun prospect.

He's like "The most interesting man in the world," but he's the most interesting player in the world. "Stay tweeting my friend."

I see no reason to move him to A back unless someone comes along after him who's even better, honestly. On film, this guy looks like the best recruit we've ever had, and possibly the best Paul Johnson has ever had, to run this offense.

Presume Vad is the Shiznit. Vad starts next year, this guy redshirts. We probably keep him at QB all four years following, with him starting at least one year, two years if Vad leaves early, three plus if Vad gets injured.

Presume Vad isn't the Shiznit, or his twitter becomes self aware and eats him in his sleep or something, then we have Thomas immediately. I can't imagine why we'd want to move this guy to another position unless we were light at that other position.

Plus, Tevin still has another off season to improve his game, and to provide leadership to the young guys as they come up in the system.

I'm still not convinced Vad isn't transferring. CPJ going into this Bama kid's home suggests he's hungry to get a top notch QB.

As far as your speculation goes, I agree that Thomas is an incredible recruit, that's why I can't see him sitting on the bench beyond a rs year, if that.

I'm still not convinced Vad isn't transferring. CPJ going into this Bama kid's home suggests he's hungry to get a top notch QB.

As far as your speculation goes, I agree that Thomas is an incredible recruit, that's why I can't see him sitting on the bench beyond a rs year, if that.

Dude, every coach is always hungry for a top notch QB.

Yep! The Andrews kid from FL coming in January might out play them all. Hard to tell how these things work out.

I think he's trying hard to get several. Not just one.. He may not be done at QB yet. Don't have it in front of me and can't remember his name, but he still may take another one that's on the board.

The good thing about athletic QB's... they usually make great players at other positions if they can't hack it at QB.

Who knows who will be our next QB, but it will be from possibly the most athletic group of QB's we've even seen assembled on the Flats.

Tevin Washington
Synjyn Days
Vad Lee
Demond Smith
Dennis Andrews
Justin Thomas

That's six sick athletes to choose from.

Who knows who will be our next QB, but it will be from possibly the most athletic group of QB's we've even seen assembled on the Flats.
+6

No kidding. But, how many times have we heard about CPJ making a personal trip to somebody's living room?

I don't remember seeing that reported often, if ever, before, but I don't subscribe to the services.

No kidding. But, how many times have we heard about CPJ making a personal trip to somebody's living room?

Quite a bit I'd imagine. He's our football coach, not the Queen of England.

I was thinking more from the perspective that this guy may run a 4.2-4.3, and that's something we would want on the field. More a pipe dream than anything else, but I doubt anyone could cover both he and bostic running deep slants while at the same time Greene and Hill are running 20-25 yard outs.

?

I don't understand the "I'd imagine" in responding to how often have we heard it.
The correct answer is "he does it all the time, whether we hear about it or not". The we being, you, I guess, because as I follow recruiting info it happens with most of the kids we get and many of those we don't.

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a Q&A with Justin Thomas:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...mitted-from-alabama/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Q. Florida State hasn’t given up recruiting you, and showed up at your school this week. LSU and Oregon, among others, are keeping in contact. Will you visit schools other an Georgia Tech over the next six weeks? “I’ve always liked Florida State, and they’ve been one of my top choices. But the answer is ‘no.’ Once I made my next decision to go somewhere else, I was planning on staying with it. I’m not planning on visiting anywhere else. I’m going to Georgia Tech on Jan. 14 and that’s it. I’m a 100-percent committed to Georgia Tech.”

I don't know how many times CPJ visited a recruit at home. I think he's done it for Vad, Tuitt and this kid. Those are the only ones I know unless I'm wrong about Tuitt (he probably would have punched Tuitt's mom if he was there). He might have done it more, he seems kind and personal when it comes to recruits. But him visiting a very good QB propect at home is not indicative of Vad leaving. Just because you have a world beater (who hasn't played a down for us btw) doesn't mean you stop recruiting good QBs. It's just good business to keep recruiting top notch QBs, that's what good coaches do. You can't put all the chips on one guy and then get stuck with him if there are problems. Also CPJ promises a shot at being the QB to alot of the recruits. If you can't make it, and you seem more suitable for a different position you'll either switch and probably see playing time right away or transfer to FCS.

Having said that, Vad could leave or not leave. We're all speculating. All I know is, Tevin's currently the starting QB at Tech and anybody else who wants the job has to beat him out of it. If Vad (or anybody) were to leave, it's his problem, I'll take a mediocre QB who wants to be here than a great one who doesn't want to stay.

By the way who started this rumor?

Q. Florida State hasn’t given up recruiting you, and showed up at your school this week. LSU and Oregon, among others, are keeping in contact. Will you visit schools other an Georgia Tech over the next six weeks?
“I’ve always liked Florida State, and they’ve been one of my top choices. But the answer is ‘no.’ Once I made my next decision to go somewhere else, I was planning on staying with it. I’m not planning on visiting anywhere else. I’m going to Georgia Tech on Jan. 14 and that’s it. I’m a 100-percent committed to Georgia Tech.”

Sounds like early enrollment is an option.

Back