Justin Thomas has Georgia Tech Believing

He is easily the best QB in the ACC. There, I said it.

What is a little more nebulous is Thomas’ ranking among a strong group of returning quarterbacks, from Deshaun Watson to Marquise Williams to Brad Kaaya to Jacoby Brissett.

Watson is raw and unproven.

Thomas should be considered the best in the ACC when compared to this group.

I don't see how people can be crowning Watson when he has proven to be so fragile. They both play in offenses that require the QB to run. JT5 knows how to do this without getting hurt. Watson does not. And good luck making it through this season with that rebuilt OL.

If you just watch the games from last year, JT5 is the best QB returning - as in he leads the offense better than any of the others. That being said, he won't have the numbers to get POTY.

I am officially caught up in the hype. Someone prepare to bigcry me like a thousand times this season.

If option pitches counted as passes, I would wager JT5 would be a stats monster and we'd be talking about more than ACC POTY.

GTAA needs to track those "if option pitches were passes" numbers this year.

I'm a believer, but I'm also hedging by buying a butt load of butt hurt futures right now.

GTAA needs to track those "if option pitches were passes" numbers this year.

+1

FWIW at the coaching clinic, Johnson said he went to JT after a game last year in which he had around 10 rushing yards and less than 100 passing and told him they would try to get him more yards then next week. He said JT looked at him and said he didn't care as long as they win.

Gotta love JT

+1

FWIW at the coaching clinic, Johnson said he went to JT after a game last year in which he had around 10 rushing yards and less than 100 passing and told him they would try to get him more yards then next week. He said JT looked at him and said he didn't care as long as they win.

Gotta love JT

FWIW, I don't care either as long as we win and get 700+ yards of offense in a blow out win over UGAg this season. Been too long in our place.

JT is arguably the best option QB in college football. His passing numbers won't be that great because we are a run heavy team. Since the best QB discussions usually focus on gaudy passing stats, JT will not typically be in those conversations.

Comparing him to traditional drop back or even shotgun QBs is like comparing apples to oranges.

I believe someone at the end of the season compiled his passing stats to include the AB's rushing stats, which ended up bumping his passing yards to several thousand and ton of additional TDs!

The pitch is essentially a short pass. In fact I've seen many of them actually be "forward" passes but still get counted as a rush.

I believe someone at the end of the season compiled his passing stats to include the AB's rushing stats, which ended up bumping his passing yards to several thousand and ton of additional TDs!

The pitch is essentially a short pass. In fact I've seen many of them actually be "forward" passes but still get counted as a rush.

If you want honest numbers, though, you have to scrape out the rocket tosses from the "pitch as a pass" numbers.

If you want honest numbers, though, you have to scrape out the rocket tosses from the "pitch as a pass" numbers.
And even then, the numbers wouldn't mean too much unless you had the same type of numbers for other option QBs.

Comparing them to other QBs' passing numbers would still be apples and oranges...we'd just like it better because his oranges might be bigger then their apples.

What about his completion percentage? Now, that would go through the roof.

Let the media tout those other guys over JT all season long. I'd much prefer him to be flying under the radar with no pressure than to have him be scrutinized for every play in every game.

Back