Justin Thomas has Georgia Tech Believing

LOL @ a dozen....I just took out a second mortgage and stocked up.

LOL at you not knowing what a dozen means in Butt Hurt Futures Share speak.

Lets just say I wouldn't be able to fit all of my Futures into your house.

Just doing some figuring on my own, using only 90% of the ABs (some of their pitches came from Byerly, etc.) rushing stats, JT's numbers would look roughly like this,

CMP/ATT (CMP%) = 272/363 (75%)
YDS = 3,077
TD = 28
INT = 6

You pair that with 190 carries for 1,086 yards with 8 rushing touchdowns and it's pretty öööö impressive.

Not quite as good as Mariotta's numbers last year though,

CMP/ATT (CMP%) = 304/445 (68%)
YDS = 4,454
TD = 42
INT = 4
and 135 carries for 770 yards with 15 rushing touchdowns!

Butt hurt shares have never been cheaper and people should be in buy now mode. I have picked up about a dozen myself.

I've picked up some on the ND and FSU markets this year. Think GT prices have some runway and will hit an all time record low in about 9 months.

In this new age of Dodd, there's no butthurt. Only repentance and salvation. Let the light of Dodd shine through Justin Thomas and deliver the yellow jacket nation to the promised land.

You can't be a believer and buy butthurt futures. That's like hedging your belief with a golden calf.

Guys, let's keep things in perspective. We were 11-3 last year. We have a tougher schedule this year and no experience at the skill positions other than Justin. Hoping for the best but I don't expect to have a better year than last.

butthurt futures buying opportunity?

My portfolio is butthurt-free, having liquidated such assets with no plans to buy any more. I took a pretty big hit when I sold them off, but I am a much happier investor now that I'm out of that market.

i don't get the point of counting pitches as passes. JT is the man but we shouldn't have to play around with stats to get that point across. pitches are a little more dangerous but they're much easier to complete than a pass.

Guys, let's keep things in perspective. We were 11-3 last year. We have a tougher schedule this year and no experience at the skill positions other than Justin. Hoping for the best but I don't expect to have a better year than last.

Perhaps the skill players from last year put up such nice stats because JT5 was in at QB. I expect the the same this year. JT5 is such a threat to keep the ball that he will make the others look better.

i don't get the point of counting pitches as passes. JT is the man but we shouldn't have to play around with stats to get that point across. pitches are a little more dangerous but they're much easier to complete than a pass.

I think people are just trying to come up with a way to quantify JT's effectiveness statistically in comparison to QB's from other types of offenses. I agree that counting pitches as passes isn't really fair at all. But perhaps we could track total Quarterback yards as a separate stat and throw his pitch numbers in there. I dunno.

Butthurt presents

With a better defensive line, 2014 GT would have been 13-0 with a CFP berth. 2015 GT has a better defensive line.

Mind = Rite

Last edited:
Cornerback D.J. White, going into his senior season, said, "There’s plays I’ve seen him make where a typical quarterback in this offense would take a negative-5 yard gain, but he’ll make 10 yards out of it. If you have a quarterback like him, you have a chance."

Even JT5's losses are gains.

Cornerback D.J. White, going into his senior season, said, "There’s plays I’ve seen him make where a typical quarterback in this offense would take a negative-5 yard gain, but he’ll make 10 yards out of it. If you have a quarterback like him, you have a chance."

Even JT5's losses are gains.

I picture his play in the 1st quarter of the Orange Bowl. We're up 7-0 and have a 2nd and 13 on our own 45. So not the most important play, but the drive really set the tone. But we ran counter triple to the right. Miss State read it well and had more than enough bodies covering space. The pitch man was tied up and it looked like it was going for a loss of a couple. Next thing you know JT5 stutters steps, accelerates, and picks up 14. Next play is a 40+ yard TD pass to Waller. The play is at the 35:00 minute mark below.

[y]kv4Y_FBxD1U#t=2102 [/y]

That play was defended well and he still picked up 14. And I can just picture Vad trying to reverse field there...

In this new age of Dodd, there's no butthurt. Only repentance and salvation. Let the light of Dodd shine through Justin Thomas and deliver the yellow jacket nation to the promised land.

There is only one true Dodd and his name is Justin.

The most important thing is going to be if the team comes into the season feeling like it is but picks up a loss in September or early October, how do they respond?

I think being resilient to that would be a big step forward for the program in general (example, the Kansas loss seemed to do a number on us mentally in 10, or the loss to VT in 12).

The most important thing is going to be if the team comes into the season feeling like it is but picks up a loss in September or early October, how do they respond?

They wake up, realize it was a dream, then continue on towards a 15-0 season?

Back