Kallon's parents make him take the SAT again rather than visit the mutts

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
sorry if repost-

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...isit-uga-true-story/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Francis Kallon, the star defensive end from England who is playing his first year of high school football, didn’t go to UGA last Saturday because he had to take the SAT.
What’s really interesting about that is that the 6-foot-6, 260-pounder has already has an outstanding SAT score of 1,530. But his parents, who wouldn’t allow Francis to play football unless he made straight A’s, want a better score.

also this:
What about Georgia Tech fans worried about Francis visiting other schools? “Georgia Tech is tearing it up in football. He’s not running away from Georgia Tech. He just doesn’t have anything to compare with Georgia Tech.”
Kallon echoed his coach. “Georgia Tech is 5-0. They are really doing well. I’m excited about playing for Georgia Tech next year. I want to go to some other games, but they [Georgia Tech] trust me. They know I’m still committed there.”

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ha. hoo.

Wish more parents raised their children like that. Screw the football side of this. His parents are deeply involved and are pushing him to succeed off the field before worrying about succeeding on the field. Gotta love that. I can't see academics being an issue at Tech for this kid.

I believe it's no better than 50/50 this kid comes to Tech.

ok, what's the deal on SAt's now? It's 3 parts now, right? Out of a total possible 2400 points?

Which makes a 1530 more like an old 1020.

Not bashing Kallon. 1020 is still way better than most FBS football players.

I believe it's no better than 50/50 this kid comes to Tech.

Agreed. The best thing we have going for us is it sounds like the parents really care about academics. But those SEC schools can put on a really good show and change people's minds pretty quickly.

No way he goes anywhere else. I haven't seen a single thing to make me feel like he's wavering at all. Are y'all reading different articles than me?

Does he realize that the SEC can get him to the NFL and we can't - provided he doesn't notice that Calvin Johnson, Phillip Wheeler, Gary Guyton, Morgan Burnett, etc..... In the NFL

Agreed. The best thing we have going for us is it sounds like the parents really care about academics. But those SEC schools can put on a really good show and change people's minds pretty quickly.

You under-estimate the influential power that parents hold over defensive ends.

You under-estimate the influential power that parents hold over defensive ends.

I wouldn't mind if things turned out that we meet Notre Dame in a bowl game and demonstrate in person and up close that, sometimes, parents need to let the kids make their own decisions.

No way he goes anywhere else. I haven't seen a single thing to make me feel like he's wavering at all. Are y'all reading different articles than me?

How about this exact article, which talks about how his dad wants him to see other schools because he has nothing to compare GT against? And about how he will be likely visiting multiple SEC schools this fall?

Said Wofford, “UGA wanted to set up a meeting so [Mark Richt] could get a feel for Francis, and Francis could get a feel for Georgia. It didn’t work out. Georgia said they wanted him to come back in November for one of their home games. We’ll see if it works out.”
Kallon, as he has stated all along, insists that he is 100-percent committed to Georgia Tech. However, he said he may be attending an Auburn game with his teammate, Central Gwinnett junior linebacker Trey Johnson, who has already committed to the SEC West school. He may also be attending games at Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Alabama. [Note: Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee haven't offered Kallon yet but have stopped by the school to check on him]
“His father wants Francis to see some games at other schools to have something to compare to Georgia Tech,” Wofford said. “He’s new to football, and they want to see some game atmospheres and college campuses.”
What about Georgia Tech fans worried about Francis visiting other schools? “Georgia Tech is tearing it up in football. He’s not running away from Georgia Tech. He just doesn’t have anything to compare with Georgia Tech.”

I wouldn't mind if things turned out that we meet Notre Dame in a bowl game and demonstrate in person and up close that, sometimes, parents need to let the kids make their own decisions.

How would us playing them change his parents decision? I dont believe it was about who would win in a football game. She thought ND was the better fit for her kid. A season or a game is not going to change that opinion. At this point, who cares?

Does he realize that the SEC can get him to the NFL and we can't - provided he doesn't notice that Calvin Johnson, Phillip Wheeler, Gary Guyton, Morgan Burnett, etc..... In the NFL

Don't leave out our recent DEs - Michael Johnson and Derrick Morgan!

Back