Kallon's parents make him take the SAT again rather than visit the mutts

I wouldn't mind if things turned out that we meet Notre Dame in a bowl game and demonstrate in person and up close that, sometimes, parents need to let the kids make their own decisions.

Well since we weren't going to buy his mom a house, she made the best decision for her no matter who wins that game.

ok, what's the deal on SAt's now? It's 3 parts now, right? Out of a total possible 2400 points?

Which makes a 1530 more like an old 1020.

Not bashing Kallon. 1020 is still way better than the combined score of most UGA fans.

fixed

I really hope we keep this kid. I'm getting sick of losing good prospects to other schools simply because they seem more prestigious in football.

ok, what's the deal on SAt's now? It's 3 parts now, right? Out of a total possible 2400 points?

For perspective, Tech's average admit is over 2100/2400 and the average of students that matriculate is around 2050/2400.

Not bashing Kallon. 1020 is still way better than most FBS football players.

Usually when people give the new score, they leave off the written part. So this is likely out of 1600 Supposedly his Dad set the number so high that Kallon couldn't reach it and thus not be able to play football. I doubt it would be 1530 out of 2400.

Usually when people give the new score, they leave off the written part. So this is likely out of 1600 Supposedly his Dad set the number so high that Kallon couldn't reach it and thus not be able to play football. I doubt it would be 1530 out of 2400.

Especially because the British School System is literally #1 in the world.

Generally speaking, kids who make straight A's (while playing a varsity sport, no less) usually score higher than 1020 on the SAT. I'm guessing his score is out of 1600

Especially because the British School System is literally #1 in the world.
By whose barometer? There's as much grousing over here about the quality of pupils finishing A-levels as there is in the US for high school graduates. Honestly, it's a horse apiece between the two countries' systems. Yes, the UK has some elite public (i.e., private in US parlance) schools, but so does the US.

Pretty sure it's a joke -- that's a crackback block. We used those to destroy Kansas A&M this year.

Chicken Dinner. An announcer also confused the two blocks during one of the random games I watched last week on AFN. I was surprised, because it's usually the cut block that we think they are referring to, when it may in fact be any block on the field.

Agreed. The best thing we have going for us is it sounds like the parents really care about academics. But those SEC schools can put on a really good show and change people's minds pretty quickly.

I think we are in luck though. Intelligent guys don't usually fall for the pomp and glitter that some SEC schools hype.

Back