Keion White to Senior Bowl

The players with the most eye-popping physical dominance this week—the sort that makes you wonder if they’ll become topflight players with NFL coaching—were Georgia Tech edge rusher Keion White, Ohio State offensive tackle Dawand Jones (who was so dominant after the first day of practice that he was not present the next two days, perhaps due to legitimate injury or perhaps due to “nothing-left-to-prove-itis”), Iowa State edge rusher Will McDonald IV, Kansas State corner Julius Brents, and Wisconsin defensive tackle Keeanu Benton. Having watched them perform and spoken to scouts, White and Jones are two names I expect to leave the board in Round 1.

You must not have watched the North Carolina game because he pretty much single hardly disrupted their offense the entire night.

Had to miss that one because of a wedding. All I could do was game track the end of the game at the reception.

JRjr

I watched most of the game but never saw of heard from Keion. Did he play or was he dinged up.

White had a good year - if you didn't see that then you weren't really watching Tech football.

He had a good year, but he didn’t jump off the screen as a Top 20 pick. Derrick Morgan, for comparison, was a dominant college player, White was never at that level.

For two years Morgan usually got to take on one guy since the OL had to also control Walker, Richard, and Johnson. His last year he still benefited from Barnes and some good LBs.

This is not to say he wasn’t good. Just that he had more 1-on-1 opportunities, where his talent was very apparent.

Back